New years resolutions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stopped making New Year resolutions because I honestly never accomplish them, lol. I have general life goals, though! They are always ''work in process'' and never ending really. I need to lose some weight and after losing it, I have to maintain it (a life goal, forever), I need to find a job (a life goal always, to have a job of course), stay healthy (ditto, like the others). etc.

Start New Year resolutions on November, only way to keep it going on new year.

Xpendable said:
Start New Year resolutions on November, only way to keep it going on new year.

That's a good idea. It gives you a running start. I unfortunately haven't started all my resolutions yet so I'm giving myself January to get ready. I know that I missed the mark of starting on New Year's Day, but I figure that starting late is better than using that as an excuse for me to not start anything this year.

I also use birthdays as a personal New Year's Day, because it's a new year of me. It's a good time to renew my resolutions.

Paraiyar said:
Move into a flat, get the band gigging, build a decent social circle, get second album released for my electronic music, read lots, get back into the gym.

Hmm, not in a flat yet but can't move into one anyway until my papers are finished and I have a job. Hoping to get the full band together next week and I feel good about the song we are working on. Feel like it's been a really hard grind to build a social circle but I might slowly be making progress. Almost have enough material for a second album but it all needs to be refined and I need to save up money to get it mixed and mastered by online service professionals who know what they are doing. Think I'm doing okay with my reading but there is room for improvement. Haven't gone back to the gym yet but have been running and have lost a lot of the flab on my stomach.

Might come back here and update this with my progress once in a while...

I'm giving up Jam on my morning toast on the way to eradicating sugar from my diet.Yeah I'm going to read books again so helping with conversation...talking less gibberish hopefully :p

I still don't do resolutions, but this year, I will be doing this.  I would recommend all of you doing it so that maybe you can see your life isn't as bad as you think it is.  Maybe that is the boost you need to start your journey out of depression/misery/anxiety/whatever is ailing you.  

jan_bun_2_grande.jpg

I had a lot of goals for 2020. Went against all of them.

This year, I went to chill out. I want to work on knowing that things will be okay, and trusting things to work out. I want to own my responsibilities, face my own consequences without looking for an escape, and just stop looking to blame outside things. I just want to be me.

I was going to get out more and try to meet some people who may actually want me in their life, but the biosphere interfered with all of that.

So I'm just going to try to exercise more, eat less and try not to take life too seriously. Those are all easier than meeting people, apparently.

Latest posts

Back