Newbie here...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftm0014

Reaction score
Hey everyone...not sure if this is what I'm needing or not but ran across it while surfing the net so I thought I'd check it out. The online stuff just doesn't seem to get it for me much anymore, been there, done that...I prefer and need LIVE interaction, as in real life, off this pc and the net...but I'll check this out. Anyone feel the same or is it just me?

NEVER dreamed I'd be in a place like this...or at this point in my life I should say...

Hallooo and WELCOME!

What do you mean by "online stuff"??? Did you mean dating?

I've done it plenty of times. Its like a box of chocolates.. you'll never know what you're going to get. Plus it beats getting ready for the club, getting all drunk and then coming home feeling even worse when you dont meet anyone. Online dating is a hit or miss, plus no bad feelings afterwards. LoL

Hi ftm, I think I know what you mean about spending too much time online rather than engaging with people in real life. It can seem like you're trading in a real existence for a virtual one - an admission of defeat! But for me, right now, interacting with people online has been a life-saver. I actually need to take a step back and reassess things at this point in my life. And online I can find people to talk to who understand this and won't judge me negatively for it. Anyway, there's no reason you can't feel part of an online community as well as a physical one. You might find that the anonymity and convenience of an online community is just what you need right now. So welcome!

Thanx for the welcome everyone!

To phryskO...no, not JUST dating, although been there, done that too...ALL contacts/"friends" (I call them pseudo friends now) that I've met online over the past 10 years, NONE of them have stuck around! A FEW have given various bogus BS explanations, but ONLY when asked, never voluntarily (ie. my pc crashed, I moved, I lost my cell phone, I'm not online when you are, yada, yada, yada)...BUT the majority, quite frankly, just up and disappear into thin air 'POOF', never to be heard from nor seen again!

I don't feel like I have much in common with most people I meet (or vice versa probably) so we can't relate much. Thus, that's probably the crux of the matter. I don't know.

Oh, to be a kid again...it was much easier to make friends! haha

Oh, and I don't frequent the clubs/bars much anymore...outgrew that scene many moons ago! haha

Latest posts

Back