Newbie looking for a friend.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MayDoveCanady

Reaction score
I suppose this is where I introduce myself to fellow members.

Hi, I'm a 25 year old girl, currently living in Melbourne, Australia.
I was born in Sarajevo former Yugoslavia, just before the war broke out.
When I was 4 my parents and I fled to Italy to escape the violence and lived there for a number of years , but due to not being granted citizenship we were forced to leave and finally we came here.
Australia gave us a home.

As a child, I was constantly bullied, initially due to not being able to speak English and later on in my teens I was targeted because I was 5'11 by 16. (Currently I stand at just under 6'1)
I had a fairly miserable time all through highschool and I really believe that's when I started to develop Body Dysmorphic Disorder, a condition that to this day gets in the way of everything I do.

Flash forward the next 7 years and I've spent almost all of them at home, in and out of therapy for not only the BDD but Social Anxiety and Manic Depression. Suffice to say with all these "traits" and my serious trust issues, I've never been able to have much of a normal life despite numerous efforts at University and normal socializing.

My home situation isn't the most supportive, my mother is mentally ill and my father doesn't believe in mental illness, despite both my mother and I being suffers.

I came across this forum completely by chance, and I guess what I'm mostly looking for is just some kind of human interaction and understanding, even if it is just words on a screen.

I'd love to hear from anyone and talk about anything at all, (when I figure out how to use this site anyway) so don't hesitate to say hello.

P.S
I hope this hasn't been too long, I'm not familiar with introductions on forums.

Not too long at all. You sound like you have been through a lot in your life.

Welcome to the forums!

Indeed, not too long, you're courageous for telling a short version of your story on here.

Warmest welcome to you. I hope you find what you are looking for on here. There are plenty of nice non-judgemental people on here, so i'm sure you'll find the right person to talk to.

If you ever want to talk about anything at all, or just need to vent, don't hesitate to message me. I'm always willing to help, talk, or listen.

Enjoy your stay!

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about your shitty time as a child, it can be hard to forget. But congratulations for being 6'1 (or there abouts), did you sleep in a grow bag?

Welcome to the forum...

Well your post is there so whatever you did must have worked ;)

Hello there, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will easily make friends here or at the very least find some people you can talk to.

Now for the two most important questions:

1. What kind of music do you like?

2. Have you seen this dog?

wS6H8eb.jpg

Well I better put you in my ignore list; thanks for the warning ;)

MayDoveCanady said:
I hope this hasn't been too long, I'm not familiar with introductions on forums.

Not at all, you did great. Welcome :)

Hi, this is a great place, look around, join in, and feel welcomed!

Feel free to message if you ever want to chat and make a new friend, I love getting messages!

Hey there, welcome to the forum. You'll be sure to meet a lot of awesome people here. And comical people here. Like painter's radio has been putting up a picture of that dog in almost every new person's thread!!

Again, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear about your situation. *hugs*

Welcome aboard and it does sound like you've had a hard life. This forum is all about positivity and accepting/understanding others who may not be 100% normal in relation to all of the others out there in the world. This is a great place to be with alot of nice people.

Hey, Painter's Radio- is that your dog? If yes, be careful. I actually met the beast two or three nights ago. He was totally pissed, hit hard on the bartender and vomited all over the place. You really should deny responsibility. If it is your dog.

Latest posts

Back