No friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neozoro

Reaction score
I'm at a very strange point in my life. I am on a gap year and have recently got back from travelling with three guys I knew from school. However I've come to realise that I'm not at all like them. An example of this is when we visited Thailand for a few days, and they all went out and lost their virginity to prostitutes, something that I personally wouldn't do.

As it stands I go to university in mid september, am working 16 hours a week in a shitty part time cleaning job, and all my free time is spent either going to the gym or playing xbox/going on the internet. I've come to realise that I have no friends, no one to do things with, and it will stay like this until I leave. What's even the point of making new friends when I'm going to be leaving forever in a few months?

I'm not exactly sure why you're taking time into consideration when you've cited an experience with "friends" since High School that you've come to realize aren't friends at all. In 2 months time you could find the friend or the lover you've been searching for. Just because you move away doesn't mean you can't remain in contact with them either. I would equate your situation to saying something like, "What's the point of having friends or being in a relationship when they're inevitably going to die anyway?".

Live in the moment. :)

I agree with Stride. Today it is so much easier to keep in touch with people, its called the internet...oh wait you already spend some of your free time on that so you know about it. :D I'm teasing you a bit by the way, not being mean, maybe a tad bit sarcastic. Anyway, there's no reason to still not make friends, they might like hearing about your adventures away from home. They can also keep you up to date with what's going on back home.

You must have had enough in common with those other guys to travel with them, which must have been an awesome experience, despite them hooking up with prostitutes. Man they were taking a risk doing that though, god knows what they could have picked up from one of them.

Neozoro said:
I'm at a very strange point in my life. I am on a gap year and have recently got back from travelling with three guys I knew from school. However I've come to realise that I'm not at all like them. An example of this is when we visited Thailand for a few days, and they all went out and lost their virginity to prostitutes, something that I personally wouldn't do.

As it stands I go to university in mid september, am working 16 hours a week in a shitty part time cleaning job, and all my free time is spent either going to the gym or playing xbox/going on the internet. I've come to realise that I have no friends, no one to do things with, and it will stay like this until I leave. What's even the point of making new friends when I'm going to be leaving forever in a few months?

I don’t know but I would imagine this happens a lot especially when people go to universities so far away from where they live. I’m sure it is worth making friends, surely one or two will stick?

hello..........
I m also user of this forum like all of you and I can understand the feeling of no friend because I suffer from it when I came to town i have no friend I feel so lonely so I can better understand the feeling of no friend.

regards
ankush ;);)

A lot of people don't have any friends, they just can't realize it. Yeah, today you can contact anyone through internet, but that doesn't mean you're closer to them. People with 10 000 friends on facebook are just pathetic, because nobody can have more than 3-4 real friends. Having a true friendship is hard and never simple. Most of all it takes a lot of luck. It's a good thing you haven't followed your friends lead with the prostitutes. It shows you respect yourself as a person above what others think of you. And believe me nothing is worse than to lose your self respect, nothing! I'm sure you'll be fine and you'll meet someone who understands you.

Latest posts

Back