no one to turn to; a plea for help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm a 17-year-old with no one to turn/talk to. I think about suicide every day. What am I to do?

-Josh

Hi Guest,

First of all, register at this site. We are all people who have been through deeply lonely and despairing times, so we can relate to you.

Please keep coming back here. I would like to help you in any way I can. Please share your problems and what is making you feel suicidal.

Suicide is NOT the answer and will not take all your problems away. You can make it through most anything in life. You can survive.

Please share whatever is troubling you here. If you like please PM me if there is something you'd rather keep private.

BIG hugs,

LG

Do not kill yourself. You are 17, you still have alot to live for. Life will get better. Or at least that is what I like to think. It sure helps me whenever I feel I shouldn't be on this earth...

You aren't alone in how you feel, men and women of all ages here at this site know what it's like to hurt...do you care to maybe give a little more detail in what's going on?

I'm this thread's starter; I decided to take lonelygirl's advice and go ahead and register here.

Here's a compacted history of my loneliness:

As I said, I'm 17, and I'm at the end of my junior year in high school. While I do have some passing friends, I no longer have any close friends: no one to call when I really need to talk, no one's house to go to when I need somewhere else to go, no one to hang out with on the weekends. It's not as though I'm horribly anti-social. I consider myself emotional and at times hard to handle, yes, but on the whole, I think I'm pretty nimble in social situations. However, for some reason I cannot make any significant friendships. I'm dreading the upcoming summer, because I know it will be spent alone in my room with nothing to do and no one to do it with.

On top of all this, my mother (who is only 34), just told me yesterday that she is pregnant. This is after being married six years to my second stepdad, and this is totally unexpected. I'm still in shock, and this has really surfaced a lot of murky emotions.

I have never felt more lonely in my life than I have these past few months.

fignewton3021 said:
I'm this thread's starter; I decided to take lonelygirl's advice and go ahead and register here.

Here's a compacted history of my loneliness:

As I said, I'm 17, and I'm at the end of my junior year in high school. While I do have some passing friends, I no longer have any close friends: no one to call when I really need to talk, no one's house to go to when I need somewhere else to go, no one to hang out with on the weekends. It's not as though I'm horribly anti-social. I consider myself emotional and at times hard to handle, yes, but on the whole, I think I'm pretty nimble in social situations. However, for some reason I cannot make any significant friendships. I'm dreading the upcoming summer, because I know it will be spent alone in my room with nothing to do and no one to do it with.

On top of all this, my mother (who is only 34), just told me yesterday that she is pregnant. This is after being married six years to my second stepdad, and this is totally unexpected. I'm still in shock, and this has really surfaced a lot of murky emotions.

I have never felt more lonely in my life than I have these past few months.

Dear 17,
I came to this site for the same reason you did, but when I read your post (I want to kill myself), suddenly my problems became unimportant. If you want somebody to talk to, somebody who will listen, here I am: [email protected]
I hope I can be your anchor, you need to know many things I could tell you.
I wish you the best.
Please, stay safe!!!!!!

Man I wish all of us on this website could live in a neiborhood together!Then none of us would be lonely or face the cruelty of a lot of ppl out in the world. I mean that is how it should be, because even the calious and cruel share our problems and yet they choose to inflict them upon ppl who cannot bear the burden of more let downs.:)
I agree with evryone else when they say its not worth it. You are 17 and one step above the game by reaching out so early and for that I commend you:) You have friends here and while you cant really come over were still just a keystroke away!

You know how the song goes.

"We all need somebody to leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean on!!" :p

Perhaps the new baby will give you someone to care for and love. I've never gone through that, however, so I don't know from personal experience.

I'm 18 and me too, even a friend I've known for more than 10 years isn't a person I can talk to. I just can't get close to people and don't make attachments easily. I think that puts people off... I'm not sure why you aren't making a connection with anyone, but the only way to is to put yourself out there. If you don't then the other person won't necessarily do it.

I wish I had someone I could really talk to about everything. But no matter who I know, I just can't open up. Having someone to hang out with would be nice too; the few friends I have always seem reluctant to hang out unless I'm doing something for them. I guess they're selfish, or something, but I wish they would want to hang out with me...

This summer, if you can, try to go out somewhere where there are friendly people. You could strike up a conversation with someone and see if they respond. That's supposedly the way to make friends (I don't really know (^_^; ) )

Guest said:
I'm a 17-year-old with no one to turn/talk to. I think about suicide every day. What am I to do?

-Josh

You are 17 - you have the rest of your life to make things better - just hang in there and do what you have to do to make yourself happy.......

im alone tonight, as like any other night... and earlier, i felt like crying.

ive never had a bestfriend.. from past experiences, ive learned that most, if not all, people would just disappoint you. :(

u think about suicide? i think about suicide once in a while..well.. why not we communicate here.. at least it's make us feels better right.. i'm fro singapore... pls intro everybody..
i'm 28 male.. a loner.. i mean i'm married but tat's does'nt make any difference..i feel more lonelier after i get married... i just feel lonley.. i duno why..

Loneliness is such a difficult thing to deal with...

Mechanical, I appreciate your suggestions. To be honest, I'm dreading this summer because I know it's going to be unbearably lonely. And I just don't know how to go out there and "meet people"...even though that's what I really want to do.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to meet new people, on how to try to find new possible friendships?

Hi Fignewton,

I have a lot of ideas. I don't know how well they work, but I have ideas!

I just joined a group therapy group. Today was my first group and the people in the group were SO NICE and supportive! I will go once a week and we vent and share whatever is on our minds and what we are struggling with and listen to each other. This is very helpful!

Also for relationships, I really do suggest this site: www.matchdoctor.com. You can make a free profile and send IMs for free to people in your area.

Please PM me if you need anything, I'm here to help!

:)

LG

Fignewton-

I suggest joining a club of some sort or doing some volunteer work if you want to meet people. For me, it's easy to meet people, but it's much harder to make friends. Hopefully you'll meet some nice people and make some friends.

I agree with Elae--that volunteering is actually a GREAT way to get out of the house, interact with people, meet people with whom you share something in common, and increase your self-esteem. Could you read to the blind? Could you volunteer at a hospital? Could you help out at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen? All of these things, whatever you care about, they will make the world a better place while improving your self-esteem.

All of us could use some self-esteem raising, I think!

:)

IF YOU CAN RISK YOUR OWN DEATH

WHY DON"T YOU RISK LIFE?

LIFE IS NOT JUST BEING IN HIGH SCHOOL
FOR 4 STUPID YEARS.

THERE ARE MANY CHAPTERS TO
ONES LIFE!

Latest posts

Back