No one to vent to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

OhDear

This morning I was at the school where I do work experience and I was explaining to one of the teachers how I totally failed my interview last week (I've been applying to uni's for a teacher training placement and got rejected 4 times now) and I totally teared up and was fighting to not cry. I was so embarrassed, but then I did it again with another teacher I was explaining it to! It's because I feel so disheartened about it all, but I don't really have anyone to talk it all through with. So all this emotion is there and it leaks out at embarrassing moments. Does anyone else get problems from pent up emotions? Is it just a side effect of being lonely and not having anyone to vent to?

I would say differently you could do with someone to vent to. Talk about stuff to. It dose make you feel better when you can talk your problems out with a trusted friend. A problem shared is a problem halved and all that. Plus to have the support of a good friend can make the world of different. Keep going girl... You well be OK :)

PS like the avi :) I use to watch them on TV when I was a nipper. What they called again? mo mo or something.

I prolly think it is coz u have no one to talk to. Its completely normal, man is a social animal and we need to interact with ppl. Were not meant to keep all these emotions bottled up like this and thus whats happening to you. Maybe you could talk to one of ur parents, a sibling or contact one of your old school friends and try to keep in touch with them. I know alot of ppl say that you should be strong from inside and not be emotional , but you can only become so strong , you defienately need to vent out to somebody, everyone does.
Gluck with ur life :)

Why don't You try out the chat room when a few people are logged in here? You can get alot of steam out real quick in there.

OhDear said:
This morning I was at the school where I do work experience and I was explaining to one of the teachers how I totally failed my interview last week (I've been applying to uni's for a teacher training placement and got rejected 4 times now) and I totally teared up and was fighting to not cry. I was so embarrassed, but then I did it again with another teacher I was explaining it to! It's because I feel so disheartened about it all, but I don't really have anyone to talk it all through with. So all this emotion is there and it leaks out at embarrassing moments. Does anyone else get problems from pent up emotions? Is it just a side effect of being lonely and not having anyone to vent to?

Having someone who will listen to you, and more importantly "understand" your frustrations is a key component to keeping your sanity.

I'm not sure what's involved with your interviews, but you might try a different approach. I wish I had some better advice, but I haven't had to interview for anything for over ten years.

I hear you Oh Dear, it is difficult when you have no one to vent to. I keep a journal and I write on here and that helps alot, I feel as though I did let it out and I let my struggle pain and suffering be known. As long as some one reads it, you feelings are known. Although I do understand that it would be nice to have some one in real life in which to talk to... but if you can't find that, we are all here on A Lonely Life to talk to and hear you. YOU ARE NEVER ALONE! :)
If you need to vent feel free to vent to the forum or even to me if you wish.
But for heavens sakes don't keep it it!

Redwood

Bluey......its a Moomin in the avatar. I read all the Moomintroll books when I was in junior school

JustLost said:
Having someone who will listen to you, and more importantly "understand" your frustrations is a key component to keeping your sanity.

I agree. I think the fact that i've become frustrated and angry more often, is because i don't have any outlet for my thoughts and feelings. But now, having found this place helps a lot.

Oh btw, i love The Moomins. The best animation/cartoon there ever was. Here is more info if anyone's intrested. At least there's something Finnish i can be proud of. :cool:
lol

LilyS said:
I agree. I think the fact that i've become frustrated and angry more often, is because i don't have any outlet for my thoughts and feelings. But now, having found this place helps a lot.

I used to get angry a lot more than I do now. When I thought people didn't understand or wouldn't listen I would lash out.

I now realize that so many people miss the fact that others are hurting. A lot of the time it's because they're hurting so much themselves they're unable to recognize the pain of another.

This place is good in the fact that people can plainly see when someone needs a person to talk to. When in "real life" it's not such an easy task.

RobertJW said:
Bluey......its a Moomin in the avatar. I read all the Moomintroll books when I was in junior school

Ye that's the one lol use to watch the show as a kid :) You remember what they was called tho... amazing :D lol

You've been emotionally ground down. There's very little ground anymore between setbacks/frustrations and despondency.

If you get some positives back in your life, the emotional onslaught will calm. Folks here can help. For a beginning at least.

Latest posts

Back