No one wants to commit anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
M_also_lonely said:
Not trying to offend anyone or diving into stereotypes, but I can't believe it when women say they can't find a guy!! Almost half of the male race is looking for a woman. Fine, some look for sex only, and some aren't interested in getting into a commited relationship. But if we subtract them, there is still a huge number of guys, who want to have a partner. Do you know that there is this huge class of guys who are not even taken into account because they are shy, or dont know how to make girls smile back to them or make them laugh?. Does that mean that they can't love? Or dont derserve to be listened? There are guys whose teenage and adulthood goes away, while they figure out what those charming alpha males did and how.

Isnt it a paradox when all the women in the world tell them that "There is someone great out there for you."
I guess it means, "I don't know whether you will get someone or you'd end up alone, not that I care, but you will never get me. I want a prince, who is perfect in every aspects, unlike you. You can't even talk."

Yeah I have heard a lot about how women can read minds, but that would mean one of the two things, 1.) They are cruel. Even though they can read that a guy likes them truly, they make an excuse that they didn't know about his feelings, because he never expressed them. And when a guy of their dreams appears, they get this intuition about how he is 'the one' 2) They are fooling people that they can read minds, to show them how great they are.

Look again, how conditional is your love. It is stopping you from getting someone's unconditional love.
If you say you have a nice personality, there are 1000s out of 100 guys who like you. If you are in a college, consider the guy who never talks to you or any girl, who looks at you strangely and avoids eye contact. He likes you so much, that he wouldnt mind marrying you. He hopes that someday you will look back and just give a smile. But poor guy doesn't know that unconditional love has condtions like similar interests, which SEEMS to come only after physical attraction, which probably he doesn't possess. I never had a girlfriend so I am not sure, but I believe that a girl should give a chance to a guy who is not physically attractive, but wants to express something.

Couldn't all that also be said about men?

I see so many threads bashing women, saying women are too picky, then turn around and seeing the same about men. Does no one else see this? Is it really just me?

Clearly there is something getting lost in translation here....
I was expecting this. Well, here we are talking about a woman having a problem. Why would I speak about men here? She is not a man. Just because men maybe like that, doesn't mean I MUST speak about them even where it is not a topic of discussion.

The vast mayority of women settle for what they think is enogh but it's actually too little.

Fixed.

M_also_lonely said:
I was expecting this. Well, here we are talking about a woman having a problem. Why would I speak about men here? She is not a man. Just because men maybe like that, doesn't mean I MUST speak about them even where it is not a topic of discussion.

Because her post is about men? Lol

AmytheTemperamental said:
M_also_lonely said:

Because her post is about men? Lol

So if I complain about terrorists harassing me, you would tell me how the terrorists should act? Or how I should defend? Come on, you know what I am saying, I know that you want to make me speak something rude out of anger. I have faced it a lot of times from women here.

M_also_lonely said:

Yes, the OP is female. Yes, the original post is mostly complaining about men. So, you come in complaining about men being complained about and what women are doing wrong.

You're missing the point. Thread A, B and C are complaining about not being able to find a man, while Thread D, E and F are complaining about not being able to find a woman...

Yes, you ALL have the right to vent and complain, but if every other thread is the complete opposite of each other, clearly there are men AND women out there, you're just not finding the specific person you want, so bashing on men here and bashing on women there or the opposite really accomplishes nothing, you're just making yourself more miserable and looking for justification to bashing the opposite sex. There are likely equal parts single men and women out there...depending on where you live, of course, but there's also online dating, so location isn't really that huge of an issue anymore.

Please don't start with the gender bashing. Both men and women go through things. Either gender is not exempt from going through difficult times.

niceguysfinishlast said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
I'll give anyone who ISN'T playing Pokemon Go a chance. That's realistic, ain't it? :club:

I don't play Pokemon Go. Never have, never will. ;)

Where shall we meet? :)

ardour said:
So rather it's "no one" you want. Hoping to click straight away and unwilling to compromise on anything; seems like fairly typical stuff for young people.

Not suggesting you should consider someone you have no physical attraction to BTW, but it seems like demanding an immediate mental/emotional connection is unrealistic, like a fantasy.

Actually I'm in my 30s. I'd like to take the time to get to know the guy and see if an attraction develops, but the guy never does. He wants things to turn romantic pretty quickly and I can't do that with a guy I'm not physically attracted to. So I'm forced to make a decision very soon after meeting him.

Xpendable said:
hppnssseeker said:
The craziest thing is I'm a beautiful woman, I have a nice personality, I'm stable and independent.

This is the female equivalent of "I'm a nice guy"

Are you saying what I consider qualities are turn-offs for guys? Then what the hell do men want??? I really don't get it.

hppnssseeker said:
Actually I'm in my 30s. I'd like to take the time to get to know the guy and see if an attraction develops, but the guy never does. He wants things to turn romantic pretty quickly and I can't do that with a guy I'm not physically attracted to. So I'm forced to make a decision very soon after meeting him.

As a guy I've had the same experience. Nothing will piss off a woman like saying "Let's take it slow and get to know one another". It seems that the general consensus is that a man should be "up" and throwing it in on command, with the old prod of "...or you're not a real man" always at hand. For me, the magic happens in conversation. She can be cute as hell (not "capitalist" cute, but what I like), but if she can also carry an interesting conversation about something she's passionate about, THEN I'm hooked. Otherwise... meh.

Xpendable said:
The vast mayority of women settle for what they think is enogh but it's actually too little.

Fixed.

I once had someone tell me that all I need to do to find someone to date is wait until women are tired of having fun and ready to just settle down with anyone that is left and I could just swoop in and pick them up.

I'm interested in someone that hasn't had any fun yet.

TheDude76 said:
As a guy I've had the same experience. Nothing will piss off a woman like saying "Let's take it slow and get to know one another". For me, the magic happens in conversation.

yeah, me too. I've had women on dating websites get very offended that I want to have a conversation. Most of the women want to meet as fast as possible so they can find out why you aren't perfect so they can move on to the next person. The only person I have ever gotten close to was someone I could actually have a discussion with online first. I need to know things about you before I can have a fun time face-to-face. Otherwise it's a date of 2 people sitting there staring around the room with nothing to talk about.

blackdot said:
yeah, me too. I've had women on dating websites get very offended that I want to have a conversation. Most of the women want to meet as fast as possible so they can find out why you aren't perfect so they can move on to the next person.
It doesn't matter whether that is true or not, but you will have a lot of adventure here soon.

Latest posts

Back