No one,

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its kind of hard for me not to dump my problems on people because i feel like i need someoneto help. Thn i feel bad because i feel as if i am distressing them. its hard andi am very emotional.

Hi...

I sometimes come across as an overbearing, harsh and hard guy, but your post almost brought tears to my eye, and I love it when posts do that!

Just a few points...

(1) Why are guests coming over if nobody likes the person within you?

(2) If you hardly know the person who judged you, you'll've not let your real self out for them to attack, that way - so, they're not qualified to be accurate about who you really are!

(3) In order to stop crying, you have to cry until it's finished - and, if it still doesn't want to, it's time for professional intervention and a serious and concerted plan of action, to pull you away from this state of mind. And, if you consult, professionally, I'd love to think that you could mention a certain something to them - this...

On my own mental health boards, in the past, I've spoken of a little awareness invention of mine: "RETRO-APPETITES!" When I was eight years of age, I diaried these by the name "Outrushes!"

Appetites, ordinarily, are those things that we desperately need, or merely prefer, from the outside of our bodies and minds, in order to survive, or to feel that we might be able to do so. (Food, drink, daylight, love, affection, sexual attention, appreciation, medication, etc..)

Retro-appetites, in my own definition, are those things within (including deep within) us...which MUST COME OUT...in order to survive, or to feel that we might be able to do so. Sometimes, they've been neglected for so long, they need to be made to come out for some considerable time before they work on the problems caused by their neglect in the past!

Retro-appetites include, laughter, crying, shouting, fury/rage, sexuality and sexual expression, talking, creativity in as many areas of art as we can possibly manage - singing, dancing and, yes...even prayer, as you've already tried.

I believe that every person on Earth gives far too little attention to these needs for outgoing "stuff"!

What areas of your own "retro-appetites" do you think yourself to be in need of satisfying and have possibly been neglecting, of late? Sometimes, changing the way in which you are already addressing the retro-appetite deficiency only needs to be altered, a little, rather than switched for a completely different one. Think of those words, again: "...laughter, crying, shouting, fury/rage, sexuality and sexual expression, creativity in as many areas of art as we can possibly manage, talking, singing and, yes...even prayer, ...".

A. Where can you improve your service to any of those retro-appetites?

B. What new ones can you think of?

C. How would you go about confronting the need to get those retro-appetites satisfied?

DON'T UNDER-ESTIMATE THE USE OF DRAMATIC ACTING! That's a fantastic release for pressures, including those that you didn't even realise needed to get out at all!

Ian.

PS: If you would care to, please feel free to PM me about this.

SophiaGrace has a great point.

Even though this thread was made to get support,
I guess I was in the guys shoes a few month ago,
This girl I liked, who I gave 3 chances (Previous fustration, arguments, etc)
ruined the last one and now shes never ever gonna get another one, and basically she was annoying as fresia.
Your different from her but your emotions may have been annoying to him, as unlike how the girl i liked , was just immature in a way where i cant even describe. Anyways I got over her, get over the guy and move on, (I just blocked all communication from the girl btw, I didnt go and curse her out and stuff, but i don't care for her either. I'm just that type of person)

I feel my retro-attitudes i need to let out are crying. i feel guilty when i cry so i dontdo it much. i literallyhave to force myself to cry (sorry for any typos guys. Think the keyboardis going out.) i guess ive always felt tht God is wathing me and saying"What is wrong with her ?" im odd. i dont know.

i couldnt stand that. id die inside. i hate when peopleshut me out of hei lives.

To answer your first question Ian..im not sure. and Oopsiedoop, vhat are 12 step groups ? Sorry, i literally don't get out much.

Rayri said:
I feel my retro-attitudes i need to let out are crying. i feel guilty when i cry so i dontdo it much. i literallyhave to force myself to cry (sorry for any typos guys. Think the keyboardis going out.) i guess ive always felt tht God is wathing me and saying"What is wrong with her ?" im odd. i dont know.

i couldnt stand that. id die inside. i hate when peopleshut me out of hei lives.

Sometimes I have to have a good cry, I think alot of people do. Only problem I have with me crying is the fact that I think about all things negative and what really makes it explode is when I think about me dieing and noones caring, im the middle child, and almost grown. Getting shitted on with "Less-Attention" was already planned.

Awwh *super hugs* is fine. i should beat your ass for saying that. OF COURSE PEOPLE WOULD CARE. I WOULD CARE LOADS. YOU ARE LOVED. NOT JUST ON HERE, BUT BY YUR FAMILY. THEY ARE HERE FOR YOU. WE ARE TOO. WE LOVE YOU. OTAY ? ^-^ Smile.

i think negativ too. It hlps with provoking more tears until my throat is raw and hurt and my eyes are dry and sore from the tears and i cant cry no more.

Rayri said:
Awwh *super hugs* is fine. i should beat your ass for saying that. OF COURSE PEOPLE WOULD CARE. I WOULD CARE LOADS. YOU ARE LOVED. NOT JUST ON HERE, BUT BY YUR FAMILY. THEY ARE HERE FOR YOU. WE ARE TOO. WE LOVE YOU. OTAY ? ^-^ Smile.

i think negativ too. It hlps with provoking more tears until my throat is raw and hurt and my eyes are dry and sore from the tears and i cant cry no more.

Mmmmmk :)

Latest posts

Back