Nostalgia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
do you ever feel terribly nostalgic for the old days? the good old childhood days? when things were more innocent? when living wasnt a shame? and every hour, every minute, every second isnt paranoia and deceit and unhappiness?

yes blackdot, it is terrible. and it is terrible because you know its gone forever.

So very true. Every now and then I pull out my old VHS tapes and watch shows from my youth. I think I'm too young to feel this old :D

I never said I had grown up. I haven't really had a chance to grow up since I'm never around people.

I'm nostalgic for times that when I was living it I thought I disliked. If only I knew how well I had it or what potential was out there if only I would just open my eyes.

Perhaps the same thing could be said about the present. /shrugs

Like you wouldn't believe! I get very sad because I would love to go back to the parts in my life where everything was great. As dumb as it sounds, I often get a yearning to go back to high school and hang out
and play some ball with the guys. I really, really miss that.

"Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams"

I'm quite nostalgic. I love to find old series i used to watch as a kid and see them again. Some I'm not able to find and I get frustrated!

There is also the fact that things were easier. I had no worries. I didn't give a honeysuckle about anything in school, I just went there and be myself and everything was ok... I had friends, a best friend, very good grades and this was all 'automatic' I loved that. Now everything seems hard, I have fewer friends and my future is uncertain...

yes, even i try to relive the past through music and movies from my childhood. it does help suspend reality for a few hours.

Yes I do. Back when you didn't have to worry about things like unemployment and anxieties. I tend to go YouTube and look up old cartoons. I guess that's why I'm kind of a Man Child now.

I'm not usually nostalgic much, but sometimes I do wish that I could go back to a day before I was 13. Looking back, it just seemed so much easier and nicer to be in that time period of my life. Doesn't really help when I watch old 90's shows like All That and Rugrats and such. Good times.

Well, I have a lot of old childhood memories that are far from fond...but I think I was less of a headcase back then. Plus, all the big questions with no answers and increasing baggage have left their mental marks.

Last week I bought the DiC animated G.I.Joe series on DVD. It was way campier than the original series by Sunbow but man is it ever fun to watch again.

Yes! I enjoy thinking back at various points in the years behind (not only childhood), what i watched, played, what moods i were in.. especially in the lately i go "back in time" alot.

It's usually triggered by something. I put on a CD in my car today, on it was Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Ill Nino and so on. I thought back to when I first heard those songs and realised it was over a decade ago now.

I'd have been a 13/14 year old, and I know we tend to gloss over the less happy memories but a part of me wishes I could go back to then so badly. The potential that was there, what I could have done/been if things had turned out differently. Of course, then I remember that with the environment I was being brought up in, this was the only real outcome if I wanted to maintain any contact with my family. Oh to go back and grow a spine...what could have been but never was.

Slightly, but for a time very long ago, i hardly remember it, maybe the nostalgia is not deserved, and i mean before age 6 or so.. but any other time except that i have no nostalgia for, because those times seem bad, and now is better.

Latest posts

Back