Not mattering

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worldofadreamer

Reaction score
I worked it out..the one thing that gets to me most in my life..its not that people don't love me. Its not that people hate me. Its the fact that people don't see me as important or interesting enough to love or hate.

Its the nothingness...its the fact that their not bothered. I often wonder out of all the people i think of in a day how many of them think of me? I know that its not even a quarter of them.

in conversatios I feel a need to talk about 'my friends' almost to show peope thsat see i have friends, they must like me, love me.hence maybe you could!!

I knwo i'm rambling btu it just hit me.....i hate not mattering to anyone.

I'm not one for words at the moment, but suffice it to say, I know the feeling.

worldofadreamer said:
I worked it out..the one thing that gets to me most in my life..its not that people don't love me. Its not that people hate me. Its the fact that people don't see me as important or interesting enough to love or hate.

Its the nothingness...its the fact that their not bothered. I often wonder out of all the people i think of in a day how many of them think of me? I know that its not even a quarter of them.

in conversatios I feel a need to talk about 'my friends' almost to show peope thsat see i have friends, they must like me, love me.hence maybe you could!!

You DO matter. You have value. And you kind of have a point about the "hence maybe you could too" thing. In most societies, people are drawn to the people that others seem to like. So, what you say makes perfect sense and I see nothing wrong with you doing that. Anytime you need someone to listen, please feel free to PM Naleena or myself.
You matter to ME.

(((hugs)))

((((((((((((((Dreamer)))))))))))))))
Nothing quite so sad as not being truley acknowledged.
There are so many superficial interactions that go on between people day in and day out. "Hey how are you?" "Fine how are you" and it's meaningless so many times. It is the nothingness, as you put it.

I know a little how you feel. Sometimes I have reached out to talk to people when they ask about me only to find them not really interested at all. It's not easy to open up and then to see the person really didn't care one way or the other, is a real slap in the face.

I remember you from chat. You were such a caring lady and very friendly. I want you to know you are important. There are people here who care about you. :) I say we should all tag team you with pm's telling you we care but you might not like that...lol

Anytime you want to talk, I am here for you. I know we don't know each other very well, but, we can work on that. I am always in the market for a new friend. :)

((((((((((((((Dreamer))))))))))))))) Big hug for you, dear! You absolutley matter!!! Let's talk sometime if your up for it :)

worldofadreamer said:

Well as I see it, alot of people are so caught up in their own lives these days, rushing around, trying to get things done, and being so serious about everything that they just don't have time for others. The world is just too fast.

awww of course you do matter,i think alot of people feel like this i know i do too.sometimes everyone around you is so busy it feels like they have no time or even give you a second thought but it isnt true.
miss u by the way :( havent spoken in ages lol

Blue Sky and GeminiGurliex I think have said the same as what I was thinking. ppl are just to busy with there own life.

I have felt just how you do many times be for. I feel am not hated just not interesting enough to spend a lot of time with.

Well I think it depends on who your spending the time with. Some ppl well find you utterly amazing why others not so.
This is where finding that one true friend can make the world of difference.

I would never like someone based on how many friends they have. Personally that would not have any impact on how I liked a person. Just as long as I enjoyed there company then it would not even matter if the rest of the world hated that person.

I have talked to you a little in PM and you come across as a nice person, BTW Am still up for a coffee in Notts :) or maybe you could show me a good shop to buy clothes from :D

Well its difficult meeting up with a perfect stranger that you have only talked to a few times on the net. nurv racking stuff, this I do understand. So its perfectly cool and OK.

And its good to ramble, I do it all the time.

But you do matter. You matter to the ppl that love you like your mum and dad, have you any brothers and sisters? You even matter to the ppl you have not meat yet. And most importantly you mater to yourself. Give your self a chance and a break and believe that you matter. You matter to every single person you meet. You change the lives of every person you meant or even post to on a forum. In some way you changed there life even just a little bit. But every person matters in some way. Now its me who is doing the rambling.

Thankyou guys for all your responses..i'm gunna reply to them all individually on here lol

Antihero thankyou for the few words u did say :) wish I could say something more but atleast next time one of us feels this way we'll know theres other people that feel the same.

Evewasframed, thankyou for your kindness :)

Sixyten I'm guess I'm gunna say the same as I sed to Antihero: atleast next time one of us feels this way we'll know theres other people that feel the same.

Naleena thankyou and I love our signature quote, it so **** true ;-)

Bluesky you're completey right!

Gem i've jus spoken to you, but thanks for the reply.lol mwah x

Bluey thanks for your words, i loved the paragraph at the end about every person mattering in some way. Its so true oh n i'm gunna pm you about the other stuff. ;-)

Hey Dreamer,
I just went to some school event (it was actually outside of school premises) and every1 was talking to each other having fun , sitting with each other at tables. But for some reason nobody wanted to sit with me. Wherever i went to sit, the guy next to me would talk to me for like 5 secs and then go somewhere else. ITs not that im boring or anything, i talk about the same stuff other ppl are talking, its not like im a terrible person, i dont remember doing anything bad to anyone, but it happens. I felt so sad that day...I mean whats wrong with me? Why wont u wanna tlak to me for a few minutes or somefin ? :(.

Sounds sad eh? well after that event was over, i saw all of them asking for rides from each other or something else like that... This isnt the first time ive seen this, and this certainly wont be the last. Sometimes ppl want to get to know or make friends with other ppl just coz of some advantage or convenience they will give them. And if u cant do that (that is be a doormat or somefin like that) , they wont be ur friends.

This happens alot, and i know how ur feeling as well as every1 else who posted. But thats just what it is ! A FEELING! It really means nothing, go listen to some good music, go hug a teadybear :) Ull be alrite!

worldofadreamer said:
Its the fact that people don't see me as important or interesting enough to love or hate.

You have expressed the feeling perfectly.

You matter to me dreamer...I think about you almost every day

Yeah. Sometimes I feel like I don't matter. I'm not top on anyone's list... Even after all I do. After all, if you look at it another way, I am just another human on this planet. But, that's depressing and it doesn't really matter. I just wish I had someone to love me :( be top on their list.

Latest posts

Back