Now that the year's over, how has 2012 been for you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How has 2012 been for you?

• Good - With everything, if not most things being fortunate and going to plan

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A mixed bag/Indifferent - A balance of ups and downs

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Bad - Mostly unfortunate circumstances and/or things not going to plan

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Tinderleaf

Reaction score
For me, it was definitely a mixed bag.

+Got a nice casual job relating to my future career goals in IT.
+Nice vacation in Sydney in the end with some sightseeing, cruise and shopping in between.
+Got my Learner's license permit.
+Got to finish some of the games I wanted to play.

-Failed 2 University semesters in a row and 8 failed units on my transcript. Won't finish Uni for another 3 years now and really struggling. =(
-Didn't really talk or connect with anyone this year. Felt pretty anti-social to the most part.
-Had quite a bit of an inferiority complex over the year as people in my age group (early 20s) succeed much more than I did and it didn't help that my parents compared me to them.
E.g, Finished Uni, got a GF/BF relationship, more friends and more sightseeing/parties with them.

All in all, a mixed bag but there's certainly enough to say that 2012 sucked for me but less so than the last 2 years of failure at least with no employment and little social life at the time so that's an improvement. How was 2012 for everyone else? Oh and Happy New Year everyone once the time comes and hopefully 2013 will be more fortunate as we strive to not only improve ourselves but to continue to be successful, content and happy with our lives.

Plus:
Got a promotion and raise at work
Got accepted as a doctoral candidate at Ga Tech
Booked my first "real" vacation in quite a while

Minus:
4 first dates this year, no second dates
Met the perfect woman personality-wise for me, but she's way to hot looks wise for me

Hmm...all I can think of right now. Career is great. Love life is in the crapper. Oh well, 50% ain't that bad!

Pros:
Made a few lasting friends.
Fixed a few aspects of my anxiety problem.
Found a new hobby.

Cons:
Wasted a lot of time and energy on the wrong people.
Way more stressed than I needed to be.
Procrastinated too much.

It had some pretty extreme ups and also extreme downs.

The ups is I have improved myself and became more independent.
Not having to deal with being put down and not as alone.
Trying to better myself.
I found someone who really cares about me.

The downs is divorce and having to start life over.
Having to move.
Getting in a depression worse than ever.

Jobs
- Started the year with yet another winter of doing essentially nothing, kinda gloomed out for awhile
- Got talked into volunteering for my local theatre which opened up a new gardening job
- I also got some volunteer work done at the theatre, which meant both an end to nagging from parents about my (hopeless) social life, and something to do for about 2-3 months
- This year has been pretty good job-wise, but I've been spending way more than I've taken in (nasty habit).

Social
- I got banned from Hidden-Street (which was probably for the best, because the people wanting to "help" get my life together were borderline abusive).
- I also got my edit privileges revoked today for TvTropes. Not really happy about it.
- This year I joined A Lonely Life.
- Met some girl at our church who works at the library I volunteer at, but I haven't really asked her out or anything.

Other
- Started crossdressing this year.
- Age 30, kinda concerned about getting older.
- Now an uncle for my sister.

My mother got a good job, we had to put one of our dogs down due to cancer, I was introduced to e-cigarettes, and have lost a few pounds. It was an ok year for me. I can't really complain.

I've gone ahead in my life so there is no way I can complain about difficulties in the way.

I wish for everyone to find happiness in 2013 :D

Worse year of my life; I'm still struggling to my feet.

Mixed.

My ex bf made my whole year horrible. And I thought I'd never be able to laugh again. But I met someone and they make me feel whole. This person understands me more than anything else. :) and that's a plus for me. I always wanted to understand me and know how to talk to me.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Mixed.

My ex bf made my whole year horrible. And I thought I'd never be able to laugh again. But I met someone and they make me feel whole. This person understands me more than anything else. :) and that's a plus for me. I always wanted to understand me and know how to talk to me.

That must be great, :)

Meh, thinking about it...mostly bad. Been a roller-coaster. Some good times in there but they had to be fought for.

First half of the year was pretty great. Summer was pretty good also but my job took up my chance of going on a fun trip. But that's part of growing up and I like my job. Once the fall semester of school began I got way too stressed out with my girl troubles, work, and the hard courses I decided to take. All my friends are away for college so I didn't really have anyone to talk to. Looking forward to starting 2013 out the right way though

The year 2012 for me was a series of ups and downs, because I've been through a lot. I was feeling sick last March, but when I made it to November my Thanksgiving weekend got ruined and I don't like to explain it. Before those incidents, I had one good time at Candlestick Park watching a 49ers vs Saints playoff game with friends and family.

2012 has been the best year for me in quite a while. I made some friends, started being more confident and open around people, got my bachelor thesis done, met lovely people online, nothing really bad happened, I got an opportunity to go to Spain next semester... It's almost surreal.

Latest posts

Back