OctoPhoMo 2014

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you looked pretty **** good to me then Alma!!!
Nice Pics but the least scary witch I have ever seen lol

Alma you are quite beautiful, I bet you are a blast to hang out with to. Thank you for posting a witchy Alma :)

October 15: Candy/Caramel Apples + Something You Love Doing

IMG_4064-1.jpg

October 16: Football + Squirrels/Woodland Creatures

Yay! A whole prompt devoted to squirrels! Someone I know is scared of squirrels and calls them "tree rats", but I love them. =] They're fun to watch, and you don't have to visit a zoo to see them.

Lesson for the day: A group of squirrels is called a "scurry", and in animal taxonomy, the family classification of the squirrel is "Sciuridae". Doesn't that just sound so appropriate for a squirrel? ^^

White squirrel!

IMG_2687-1.jpg

IMG_2678-1.jpg

IMG_2679-1.jpg

Black squirrel! Once an even rarer sight than white squirrels. Now our neighborhood is teeming with 'em. I've been trying for 3 years to capture one on my regular camera, but they never stay in one place long enough.

1104081321.jpg

Gray squirrel! Our most common squirrel. This one's a bit browner than usual for around here. Red squirrels are the second most common, but I don't have a picture of one because they're small and fast and live in pine forests, which are a bit north of here.

1015071636.jpg

Scarecrow squirrel!

1003001632-1.jpg

I posted these in another thread last year, but I figure they fit this one too. =] This is one of my aunt's dogs playing with a baby squirrel. They chased each other around the deck for a good half hour. It even let Cooper play with its tail. I guess it was too young to know it was supposed to be afraid, lol. Maybe it thought Cooper was just a big squirrel, with the bushy tail and all. :p Cooper was very excited about his new squirrel friend.

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

I have so many photos of woodsy creatures! Elk and coyotes and bears and foxes and rabbits and chipmunks, cardinals and bluejays and all sorts of birds... I can't pick! So I'll just stick with squirrels, lol. I probably overdid it with the squirrel pics already anyway, lol.

Snap from my phone one morning a coupla weeks back-so not the best pic ever but I likes it...for tomorrow Oct 17 - Spiders or Webs OR Fear

qfssmjg

I love spiders, I talk to them when they turn up in the house & I have a yoghurt pot that I use to catch them gently & return them outside, I would leave them be quite happily in the house but for that Flay tries to catch them in his mouth & play with them.

I've treated myself to a new bottle of Laphroiag today, it's a very strong peaty tasting single malt & one of my all time favourites. It's currently going down rather nicely indeed.

P1010004_zps2f765ab6.jpg

P1010005_zpse78a1689.jpg

P1010014_zps3b233c4d.jpg

October 17: Spiders/Webs + Fear

Spiders count for both prompts on this one! They scare me a little. Not as much as wasps though... *runs away squealing*

I thought this barn buggy looked a bit spider-like. Haha, "buggy". Pun not intended.

IMG_2071-1.jpg

IMG_0872-1-sm.jpg

IMG_0867-1-sm.jpg

IMG_0893-4-sm.jpg

The whole field was like this.

IMG_0899-1-sm.jpg

Did you say spider ? Beautiful pictures as always..^.^

ladyforsaken said:
Alma lost her spoon said:
I love spiders, I talk to them when they turn up in the house

I talk to them too!

Yes me too, and I have started making homes for them after reading about it in a newspaper last week........if you put a load of conkers in some dishes they will weave webs all over the conkers and live there. Cute!

Jently said:
ladyforsaken said:

I talk to them too!

Yes me too, and I have started making homes for them after reading about it in a newspaper last week........if you put a load of conkers in some dishes they will weave webs all over the conkers and live there. Cute!

Sweet as a nut!

Jently said:
ladyforsaken said:

I talk to them too!

I talk to spiders too, but with me it's more like "You stay in your corner, I'll stay in mine."

Solivagant said:
I talk to spiders too, but with me it's more like "You stay in your corner, I'll stay in mine."

Aww lol. I like to greet them and then have a conversation of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back