OctoPhoMo 2014

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 7: Historical + Mythological

An embroidered phoenix on one of my Japanese haori.

phoenix3604_small.jpg

My bedside lamp.

IMG_3822-1.jpg

Unicorns above the door at Holyrood Palace. There are a lot of unicorns at Holyrood.

holyrood_unicorns_3.jpg

Sculpture at the concentration camp in Dachau.

013_10A.jpg

003_0A.jpg

Statue of Robert the Bruce on the Field of Bannockburn.

007_9.jpg

October 8: Non-prompt today, some pictures I took from a plane.

IMG_2350_1_sm.jpg

IMG_2353-1_3_sm.jpg

I think it's cool how the land looks like it's in patches like that.

IMG_2333_1_sm.jpg

October 9: Favorite Scary Film + Photo Negatives

I had waaaaay too much fun with this prompt. Photo negatives look delightfully sinister.

0324000834a.jpg

Pictures at an old church and barn.

IMG_2831_5.jpg

IMG_2935_2.jpg

IMG_2069_2.jpg

It reminds me of a spider...

IMG_2067_2.jpg

IMG_2095_2.jpg

IMG_2110_2.jpg

IMG_2113_2.jpg

IMG_1969_1.jpg

Tunnel.

IMG_3509_2.jpg

Sometimes you just look at pics and think 'oh that's nice', and then sometimes you look at some and wish that you could be there and see and experience whatever the image is and these latest ones really got me like that.

Loving this thread.

I'd be posting some, but I am not in the best of health at the moment. Keep posting them, Solivagant - I'm enjoying them a great deal.

Thanks! =] I was starting to feel kind of lonely in here.

Your pictures really are fantastic. That photo of the fields taken from aboard an aircraft is particularly amazing. You seem to be very well travelled too - I suppose that matches your username ;)

Loving this thread, Solivagant!! :D

Pumpkins! Pictures from last years carving fun!

4ncbk.jpg

260alis.jpg

Cavey said:
Your pictures really are fantastic. That photo of the fields taken from aboard an aircraft is particularly amazing. You seem to be very well travelled too - I suppose that matches your username ;)

Thank you, Cavey! =] I've been to 4 countries and 12 states, other than my own. I don't consider myself all that well-travelled, but maybe that's because I can't seem to get enough of it, lol.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

ucxb said:
Loving this thread, Solivagant!! :D

Pumpkins! Pictures from last years carving fun!

Awesome jack-o-lanterns, ucxb! Pumpkin carving is one of my favorite fall activities. I also like to season and roast the seeds. Makes for a good October snack. =]

Thanks for posting!

This is an interesting thread, Solivagant. Keep it going - I might just participate too. :p

October 11: Corn + Scarves

A random assortment of scarves, my favorite fall accessory. The one wrapped around the pole is my newest addition. The green plaid in the middle I got at a kilt shop in Scotland, and is supposedly the tartan of some of my Scottish ancestors.

IMG_3975-1.jpg

DSCN2587-1.jpg

A photoshop experiment.

DSCN2588-2.jpg

ladyforsaken said:
This is an interesting thread, Solivagant. Keep it going - I might just participate too. :p

Thanks LadyF! I'd love to see you post. =]

Sorry I haven't posted in here for a few days-I'm in a bizarre place/mood currently but I will be back to participate & I am enjoying the photos that have been posted.

October 12: Spooky Halloween Dessert + Graveyard

Wild turkeys in the graveyard.

IMG_0830-1.jpg

Why did the turkey cross the road...?

IMG_0832-1.jpg

IMG_0825-1.jpg

Greyfriar's Kirkyard, purportedly haunted. One of our travel mates claims to have gotten her pants ripped by unseen forces around Covenanters' Prison.

005_13.jpg

The chapel door of a graveyard church. I thought it was cool.

005_7-1.jpg

A gravestone in a St. Andrews cemetery.

016_10A.jpg

October 13: Favorite Fall Drink + Blood(y)

I don't have a picture, but my favorite fall drink is cider. =]

I think this rock looks kind of bloody. Does anyone else see a dead elephant with its nose cut off?

IMG_3429_2.jpg

A simmering pot of my homemade chili.

IMG_3985.jpg

October 14: Skeleton(s) + Witch(es)

This is a vertebrae bone of the gigantosaur, Amphicoelias Fragillimus, at the Dinosaur Museum in Colorado Springs. "This giant was the single largest land-based life form -- never mind dinosaur -- on record. Amphicoelias Fragillimus was not only taller than King Kong or the 'rex, it was tall enough to have walked over them."

Link to an article on it: The 7 Most Terrifyingly Huge Things in the History of Nature

DSCN0240_1.jpg

I too like the other ladies have already said enjoy this thread immensely. Just needs a witch ;)

A couple of photos of a witch as requested Arachne, a Halloweeny witch rather than a *real* one granted but the best I can do at short notice:p

enchanted-1.jpg
enchanted.jpg

These pix are a good few years old now(before I started skating I think so at least 5 years ago), it's interesting looking back, I'm in quite a bit better shape these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back