Ode to the nice guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocratesX said:
I find this extremely insulting.

stop_this_shit0.jpg

Nice post OP. I think alot of what you wrote is actually true to the situation of alot of nice guys. I can identify with alot of it... its even harder if you are a shy nice guy.

It is not most females fault that they are attracted to the confidence most ass-holes exude. Another thing to think about. Why give more when you already get more than you need?

Mary Mary said:
Sterling said:
Just like as a woman, I should offer sex to a man that I have romantic feelings for without expecting a relationship.
------
I think you mean't to put "never" between should and offer....

You are correct. Thank you, sir.

haha...I'm not a sir, but you're welcome.

I believe it needs to mentioned (re-iterated) that the OP didn't write this herself, it was copied from elsewhere and she even says that at the beginning of the post :p I see a few people talking about creditting her with it and the like, is all.

I have no other opinions or viewpoints to express in regard to the subject matter of the original post or it's replies.

(I know, right? Go on and pinch yourself, you aren't dreaming.)

I wonder if the person who originally wrote the post was also a female. I find it harder to take stuff like this seriously if not written by a male. Just like an article I read in Maxim about how the recession was making it easier for guys to get laid. Written by a regale who detailed her sexual odyssey when she was stressed out during the recession.

I swear I'm not making this up.

My guy pal met a woman on a dating website. He drove two hours to see her, and of course paid for dinner. He became very infatuated with her *after which* she tell's him that she's really just looking for a friend because friendship is so much more special than romance blah blah blah. He falls for it.

He's in anguish because he really likes her but can only make it to friend status; however, he goes along with being a friend. Later on, she meets another guy and dumps him as a friend.

When he told me this story, I didn't just pat him on the head and tell him that she just doesn't know a good thing when she sees it (which is actually true). I gave him information to empower himself. I told him that if ever meets a woman from a *dating* website or under any other pretense for romantic exploration and she starts talking about 'being friends', kick her to the curb.

A Desolate Soul said:
SocratesX said:
I find this extremely insulting.

stop_this_shit0.jpg

LOL. A picture is worth...

Code S.O.L said:
SocratesX said:
No that whole article on the "nice guys" was patronizing and downright rude. I'd rather females be straight up honest on what they think of "nice guys" (creepers, pussies, ugly, pets) then making some patronizing article. When I have more time I will be more extensive.

Creepers? Pussies? Uglies? Pets?! Is this how-no. I already know the answer to this. Of course you think this is how we should be viewed.

So then tell me this. How do you think the Bulk n Cut Asshats should be viewed. You know, the guys we should become whenever you tell some lost and lonely soul to bulk up, learn some MMA, see a stylist coach, and beat their chests(figuratively speaking) around other Alpha males for dominance and a choice of mate in clubs. How should we be looking at them?

EDIT: @OP, if you don't mind, I'm gonna copypasta as a facebook note. You will be credited.

It would take me five minutes to link about 10 articles to this website about how much women hate nice guys, and how they think that nice guys are "creepy, deceptive ********" who "pretend to be their friends" to "get into their pants" because they are "******* pussies who don't have the balls to make their romantic interests clear".

Yes. That is actually how women feel about the men described in the article that was posted. Tomorrow I will post blogs written by women confirming this.

It is an ugly fact, but true.

SocratesX said:
It would take me five minutes to link about 10 articles to this website about how much women hate nice guys, and how they think that nice guys are "creepy, deceptive ********" who "pretend to be their friends" to "get into their pants" because they are "******* pussies who don't have the balls to make their romantic interests clear".

Yes. That is actually how women feel about the men described in the article that was posted. Tomorrow I will post blogs written by women confirming this.

It is an ugly fact, but true.

thats fine and all. but the type of women that would say something like that are not the type of women that most nice guys would go for so. and i know its not the type i would go for. i dont think that would really apply here. and ive said it before and ill say it again. i think most of what you say only really applies if the guy just wants to get laid. i think most guys arent looking just to get laid. which would be why i dont think it applies.

edgecrusher said:
thats fine and all. but the type of women that would say something like that are not the type of women that most nice guys would go for so. and i know its not the type i would go for. i dont think that would really apply here. and ive said it before and ill say it again. i think most of what you say only really applies if the guy just wants to get laid. i think most guys arent looking just to get laid. which would be why i dont think it applies.

Pretty much this. Perhaps the shy, gentle nature of the nice guy will mostly work against him in a club full of fist pumping juiceheads. But then the nice guy really shouldn't be searching for a potential partner in clubs anyways. SocratesX, you can't honestly believe that every girl in the developed world expects their potential partner to be loud, obnoxious and egotistical Jersey Shore fuckwits. And on that note, I gotta dissect the carbon copy advice you give to broken individuals such as myself.....

BULK'N CUT!!!!!! OK, while I agree that physical fitness is an important factor, I refuse to believe that BULK'N CUT is the one and only path. I mean, could I not get away with just looking alittle healthier by taking a good long walk/ride twice a day? And how about factory/site workers? the physical labour they're constantly doing must surely equate to good fitness for most of them?

MMA!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but this really doesn't sit well with me. The way I see it, learning MMA is really something you need to have alot of passion for to begin with, as opposed to a pre-requisite in order to 'meet cute girls'. I mean, if we're not planning on getting our black belts or competing in local MMA circuits, what are we gonna use those skills for? Challenging a rival alpha male for rights to a mate, maybe? You could argue that it builds confidence, but I believe there are many paths to obtaining self confidence. (door-to-door selling really does it[/b], or so I hear)

STYLIST COACH!!!!!!!! Sure, having pride on one's personal appearance always goes along way, but whatever happened to good ol' modesty? Surely one can still make himself look respectable with the basic collared shirt n' jeans combo. And more importantly, what about the guys who don't have that female friend to play stylist coach?

ACT TOUGH!!!!!!!!! Probably my biggest issue. The way I see it, you can't act the big man. You either are, or you aren't. I personally don't have it in my conscience to act tough, and if I did, I could bet a 3 digit sum that I'd be wearing my drink, or eating through a straw in hospital if I tried it.

I know there are other points you preach like getting rid of acne and always having money, but strangely enough, I don't have an objection to them.

Oops, Brian lied.

Code S.O.L said:
I mean, could I not get away with just looking alittle healthier by taking a good long walk/ride twice a day?

Absolutely, I think. There's different types of 'fit'. You can be big and bulky or 'athletic' and solid. I tend more towards athletic, partly because of my body type but also because my workouts focus on a blend of power and stamina. And there are ways to differ a routine to achieve either.

I've seen some pretty big guys take on Physical Agility tests for various fire departments and they're borderline dead at the end. They have muscles that look big but they really have no staying power because all they do is lift. The dreaded Stair Climb, man. The Stair Climb :(

But...

And how about factory/site workers? the physical labour they're constantly doing must surely equate to good fitness for most of them?

Oh boy. Someone's never eaten lunch in a sawmill break room :p

I might be a little biased, but the order of Labor Job Toughness is something like this:

1. Wildland Firefighters, especially Hot Shots
2. Loggers, other forestry workers, Landscapers
3. Construction Guys
4. Factory Workers

The problem is it's all really rough on the body, but for some reason you really don't build much; you reach a plateau quickly. The Wildland Fire guys work out when they're not digging line, which is why they're built. When I worked in forestry, I was scrawnier than I am now; I burned off everything I consumed.

The bottom two might be tough, but they're still flabby.

Brian said:
Oh boy. Someone's never eaten lunch in a sawmill break room :p

I might be a little biased, but the order of Labor Job Toughness is something like this:

3. Construction Guys
4. Factory Workers

The problem is it's all really rough on the body, but for some reason you really don't build much; you reach a plateau quickly. The Wildland Fire guys work out when they're not digging line, which is why they're built. When I worked in forestry, I was scrawnier than I am now; I burned off everything I consumed.

The bottom two might be tough, but they're still flabby.

My bad. Where I am now, I tend to think of mundane jobs. :/ Also, here in Australia, a large majority of guys doing physical labour, are generally fit. Obviously, not the case in your neck of the woods.

melissa1987 said:
This is also for that time she didn’t have a date, so after numerous vows that there was nothing “serious” between the two of you, she dragged you to a party where you knew nobody, the beer was awful, and she flirted shamelessly with you, justifying each fit of reckless teasing by announcing to everyone: “oh, but we’re just friends!” And even though you were invited purely as a symbolic warm body for her ego, you went anyways. Because you’re nice like that.

ok. being a nice guy shouldn't equate to being a floormat or a 'symbolic warm body'. if a girl I knew invited me to a party and acted that way, I would be hardpressed to call them a friend at all. what the hell!

"Because you’re nice like that." no. :club:

Brian said:

3. Construction Guys
4. Factory Workers

I dunno, man.

Some of the roofers around where I live are pretty ******* buff. I've seen them pick up eighty pound stacks of shingles and toss them to a guy on the roof like the shingles were ******* feathers. Do that kinda stuff all day and I guarantee you'll be pretty **** fit. :p

Same with working at a metal shop. Those guys are really cut as well. Carrying around hundred-pound bars of steel all day.

Brian's giving some good advice. For guys who deal with fear issues and who feel "weak", dangerous blue-collar work and fire-fighting are good ideas. This makes people more confident and gets them in shape. I'd say 98% of girls are turned on by fire-fighters because they are considered manly and heroic.

Also it's good practice to be around a macho work environment.

Sterling said:
Mary Mary said:
Sterling said:
Just like as a woman, I should offer sex to a man that I have romantic feelings for without expecting a relationship.
------
I think you mean't to put "never" between should and offer....

You are correct. Thank you, sir.

haha...I'm not a sir, but you're welcome.

You're a woman! I saw it in another thread. *Sorry* I knew a guy named Sterling. That's why I assumed...

Lol, I guess I just don't know the right construction workers. Then again, this isn't the healthiest part of the nation that I live in. Though I will admit most of the roofers I see are scary bastards, wherever I go.

Latest posts

Back