Old Souls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, definitely interesting. Don't think I agree with them, but interesting nonetheless.

Aisha said:
Yes, definitely interesting. Don't think I agree with them, but interesting nonetheless.
I don't agree with their conclusions on the 'cause' of the phenomenon, but their assessment of the condition itself seems pretty accurate to me.

0doc said:
Aisha said:
I don't agree with their conclusions on the 'cause' of the phenomenon, but their assessment of the condition itself seems pretty accurate to me.

I don't agree with their thoughts on either. There are many of us here who will identify with most of the points given in one article or both, and many may even have been called old souls. I was, as a child. But being called something, or simply feeling it doesn't make it so, nor does being a loner or being spiritual or an outcast.

Being an 'old soul' implies wisdom that comes with experience, usually gained the hard way, and in my mind at least, those who are 'old souls' are those who have a demeanor of peace and calm that perpetuates wherever they happen to be, who can give advice without judgement, who remain level and steady through whatever life hands them, who are a rock and a center for all those who look to them for support. 'Old souls' give more than they receive, and those lists in the articles are very self-centric and do not take in took account the affect someone has on those around them. That counts for a lot. This description fits a lot of people, and I suppose most introverts can use this as an ego boost, but I think true 'old souls' are few and far between.

Aisha said:
0doc said:
Aisha said:

I don't agree with their thoughts on either. There are many of us here who will identify with most of the points given in one article or both, and many may even have been called old souls. I was, as a child. But being called something, or simply feeling it doesn't make it so, nor does being a loner or being spiritual or an outcast.

Being an 'old soul' implies wisdom that comes with experience, usually gained the hard way, and in my mind at least, those who are 'old souls' are those who have a demeanor of peace and calm that perpetuates wherever they happen to be, who can give advice without judgement, who remain level and steady through whatever life hands them, who are a rock and a center for all those who look to them for support. 'Old souls' give more than they receive, and those lists in the articles are very self-centric and do not take in took account the affect someone has on those around them. That counts for a lot. This description fits a lot of people, and I suppose most introverts can use this as an ego boost, but I think true 'old souls' are few and far between.
Good points, and I completely agree. I think your perspective on the matter could actually help a lot of people who identify with 'old soul' traits.

lonelyfairy said:
I believe in old souls... But maybe I'm just weird. :p

Me too. I just didn't agree with the description in the articles.

Aisha said:
lonelyfairy said:

Yeah, same :) I think your description about the old souls which you posted on this thread was more accurate than those linked articles.

lonelyfairy said:
Aisha said:
lonelyfairy said:

Yeah, same :) I think your description about the old souls which you posted on this thread was more accurate than those linked articles.

:)

88f4cfbd4c39fdf4c67529c2d64c94c1.jpg

Latest posts

Back