Omegle

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laguna

Reaction score
There's been a thread about this website before (loving the search function), but I'm afraid it wasn't that insightful. I've been using it for quite a while before joining this forum, so I thought I could share some of my knowledge about it.

Strangers can be funny, interesting and sometimes boring. Talking to random people won't help you overcoming loneliness per se, but it can be pretty entertaining.

Omegle

You might want to hesitate to use this website if you're easily offended, especially if you're female (we'll see why in a second).

Some quick facts:

• You get paired with a random Omegle user everytime you connect.
  • ASL stands for Age/Sex/Location. You are supposed to answer to this.
  • You might want to check out this thread about Acronyms if you don't understand some people.
  • There are like nine thousand users connected at most, so it's very unlikely that you match with the same person again. Omegle might have connection issues sometimes, of if you're enjoying your conversation, it's wise to ask for an contact method exchange (like email). Don't do this too early, though, people out there are concerned about their privacy.
  • If you decide to give your email away, keep in mind that they can find your associated facebook account with it.

Alright, now you know the basics. You might encounter a wide range of different people. Let's classify them depending on what they usually start their conversations with:

• "hi asl" - Odds are they are male. They'll most likely disconnect unless they find a conversational partner from the opposite sex. Don't be surprised if they ask for nudes after a couple of minutes. Sadly around 50% of Omegle users are like this. Asian people are also very likely to use the ASL thing. So not all of them might be perverts after all.
  • "m/f"? - These users don't even care about your location or if you're 12 as long as you're female. My advice is to avoid them. Or just say "m(ale)" and see how they disconnect themselves.
  • Bots that come up with pre-made texts - A 19 bisexual female looking for horny guys? A person telling you to visit an "adult" version of Omegle straight away? They're not legitimate, disconnect. Be careful with links in general.
  • Asks for a facebook ID straight away - Probably a materialistic person that wants to find out if you're attractive enough for him/her by your profile picture. Sometimes people from Indonesia (where facebook is very popular) ask for facebook IDs pretty early too.

You generally want to avoid those. No worries, there's still decent people out there! Some good ways to start and develop a conversation:

• "Hello."/"Hi."/"Hiya."/"Hey." - Just a decent way to greet your conversational partner. People that have a decent grammar cause a much nicer impression.
  • "How is it going?"/"How are you?"/"What are your interests?" - Just to let the other person you care a bit about them and their background.
  • "What would you like to talk about?" - You'll most likely get a "I don't know", which is a nice way to start to find out what do you and your conversational partner have in common. Talk about music, movies.
  • Ask for their name/location/gender. - You generally don't want to ask them where they are from straight away. Use the previous suggestions and go for it after you two know each other better. Also, try to avoid asking things repeatedly (Where are you from? Are you a girl? Can I have your telephone number? What's your eye colour!?), it's pretty scary.
  • You can even tell them what was your previous conversation like and have a laugh.

omegleexampleall.png

Well, that was about it. Omegle has also a video chat function, but I highly suggest that you avoid it. If you're curious, you will most likely find males looking for women and disconnecting suddenly if you're not one. There's also a pretty high chance you find people showing their private parts.

Here's the link for Omegle again:

Omegle (click)

Have fun ;)

To be honest i still don't know if i should try it out. I once came across the page but before hitting the button to chat i tried to find some info about it but people had quite a negative attitude about it...guess i'll think of it some more:p
though good post;)

same here. too dry for me. in real life, at least most strangers can make an effort to be nice when speaking to you; but it's like everyone on omegla can afford to be an ******* because it's on the internet and it's all anonymous. too impersonal for me. besides, i don't even use facebook (at 21 btw) so yay for me i suppose

I don't like sites like that...there's just too many weirdos around...

Latest posts

Back