On swearing and the use of bad language.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

My opinion has/is changing on something.

I have always thought that the use of any language was OK. I never was bothered if society classed a word has bad or not.

I mean I can say your a c*nt :D And mean it has a complement :D
Then I can say you are a c*nt
smiley.gif
and mean it like I actually do not like you at all.
Its all how you frease it that counts.

But even though I have never been bothered of what use of language is used and if I wont to use the F word then I well. How the fresia is that insulting anyone in less I aimed it towards them in a bad way?

But here is the thing. I was in the pub last week playing in a poker game. The guy next to me was swearing like a trouper. Irish guy at that lol The irish are renowned for there colorful language I think anyway. Nice fellow. But he come across has a right old tosser cos every other word was ******* hell and What a load of bollex and fresia me baldy blar blar.

I thought you know if you cut the language you would come accrues has a much nicer person. Looking at him I thought it dose say a lot about who you are. Now I have always thought that I am not a conformist to society. And it pees me of that am thinking in this way lol. But I really do think it can define who you are in other people's eyes when you use bad language. How important do you think it is and should be to not use bad language? Bad language has society would dictate.

Yeah, I don't mind if people use bad language here or there, but if somebody uses it all the time (every second word) then I'm not likely to take them seriously, even if they want to be. I tend to zone out because between all those "F" and "C" words there really doesn't tend to be much content to keep me interested :p

I've never been a fan of the fucken four letters fucken word.
I fucken swear...fucken people are so fucken stupid and fucken mindless.
How in the fresia am i supoose to make fucken sence of anything, if all you say is "fresia this" and "fresia that "
all the fucken times ? :(

As anything else in life, swearing have its good and bad sides, using swears to express yourself sometimes do the job way better than using William Shakespeare like talk, as each curse used in a proper time and place can give a sentence whole new dimension and let us understand person using it quite well, on the other note, people that are not able to create one single sentence without putting a curse after each word really have some kind of issue which i won't dare to judge as I have no right claimed on it, also, using swears and curses to win an argument is what I'll never understand. Curses are fine but time and place must be chosen wisely, otherwise it is just a bad sport.

I've used colorful language so much in the past, that I often don't realize I'm using it.

You've made an interesting point and I'll try to curb the gutter speak while I'm here. Unfortunately however, I'm not Emily Post. I'm a barbarian attempting to communicate with the civilized world and the occasional four letter gem will probably surface. I certainly hope this doesn't offend anyone, but if so I apologize in advance.

Its like "like", if you like use it every other like word, it like gets really annoying. And its like really like hard to like follow.

Sanal said:
lol bluey C word is banned in forums :p

Apparently so. Same cheeky cheeky girl been editing me posts :club: Donno wont to be messin with Blueys posts. It makes me sad :( You see me sad face ----:mad: Not pretty is it :( haha I don't know whats a forum coming to when ye cant even express yourself properly huh Is not how things used to be done. When one used to turn a blind eye or just see its all part of different personalities. But dose give a good example of how its not hurting anyone but YET it apparently is. I Guss even in cyberspace we all have to confirm huh. Not something that lilo old me is used to doing. Sucks to be treated like common trash, That's for sure :(

That "c" word. :p

From what I've gathered, it has practically replaced the word "mate" in various parts of Australia and merry old England.

If we use it here in the States, we generally just end up getting slapped. :)

It's actually a really good example of how language can differ, even when technically it's the same thing that's being used.

Well, people do complain about the c word, while they won't about fresia. I know many women really don't like the word, as it has derogatory implications.

Bluey said:
Sanal said:
lol bluey C word is banned in forums :p

Apparently so. Same cheeky cheeky girl been editing me posts :club: Donno wont to be messin with Blueys posts. It makes me sad :( You see me sad face ----:mad: Not pretty is it :( haha I don't know whats a forum coming to when ye cant even express yourself properly huh Is not how things used to be done. When one used to turn a blind eye or just see its all part of different personalities. But dose give a good example of how its not hurting anyone but YET it apparently is. I Guss even in cyberspace we all have to confirm huh. Not something that lilo old me is used to doing. Sucks to be treated like common trash, That's for sure :(

Poo on you, Bluey! :club: lol :p

The C word is normally just deleted out of a post, but I felt that your post had merit and made a very good point. We do have many complaints about the word. You didn't do anything wrong, or bad, and the way you used the word was completely understandable.
The problem comes when a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel, so to speak.
On a more personal note, in no way did I mean for you to feel like you were being treated poorly, so I apologize if you felt that way. I have a lot of respect for you, Bluey. :)

I wont deny the charge of being cheeky though. :p

You are not the only one to have post with C word got edited. Me and Van too lol

I've been making a conscious effort to swear as little as possible these days, in an attempt to preserve my own delicate sensibilities. :p

lol...I know what you're trying to say Bluey becuase you can insult a person in many other
ways aside from curing or using the C word. Geeze just because I take my time to tell
someone to fresia off or go to hell in a nice way make's me so..so much better of a person.

Appropriate probably.

Actaully, I don't really curse that much in real life.
It turns a lot of people off or alot of women, away.

Then again I'm not that afraid to tell a person off or curse.

I actually called my ex-gf a fucken whore in public really loud.
mmm..fresia it, if people can't take a fucken joke.
I find her cheating on me really fucken retarded.
Me calling her a fucken whore as she is...erases all the fucken bullshit and living hell she put
us through becuase I'm such a low life no brainer of a fucken moron. I'm so..so unappropriate
with ill manners. Yes...yes.. the ***** wants to look like a Rose no matter what I say or do.
Just more insult to injuries...becuase i'm such a fucken prick becuase she so..so sensitive.
I lack self control and so uncivilized *sigh*

Latest posts

Back