once again i need to write to relieve

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loketron

Reaction score
hi guys. i dicovered this place years ago with a bad breakup and now im back for more help.

recently had a break up. broke up with her first actually. had the mind set we were going to go back to dating, she dated someone else, and on the second date, slept with him.
since then she has fallen (is that something you should even tell me! "joe, ive got to tell you, i think im falling for him") for him, and ive been pushed out of the picture, calling me her best friend, but we can only be friends right now. being left with the feeling we could still work out if he breaks her heart, i will be there to catch her fall.

still friends on facebook

still want to call her just to say goodbye

but i cant!!!!!!!!!!

so i dont know what to do, ive come to the realization lately that im so unhappy with the decisions ive made in my life, if i can just find someone to love me, that i could be happy (this is something circling my mind at all times, and i dont think deep very often so it hurts)

i miss her so much but i know its not going to happen. what do i do? do i write her? call her? just let it be and do nothing?

thank you for listening ALL

joe tron

I'm not sure if I really understand...

recently had a break up. broke up with her first actually. had the mind set we were going to go back to dating, she dated someone else, and on the second date, slept with him.

Did you express to her that you wanted to go back to dating? You can still go on dates, even while in a relationship. They usually go hand-in-hand (or so I thought).

I don't know the entire story about what happened (as there seems to be pieces missing), but if my boyfriend of almost three years broke up with me and expected us to continue dating... I'd feel like I just got slapped in the face. I'd be under the impression that he would just want to be "casual" so he doesn't feel any guilt if he romps around with other girls in the meantime.

Like I said, I don't know the whole story here. As you may already know, relationships take a lot of communication to work. If there is failure in communication on one or both sides, it leaves a lot of room for misinterpretations and assumption. Breaking up a relationship isn't a solution to solving problems -- communicating them through and working them out is usually what it takes. Maybe taking time away from each other once in awhile, like, "alone time" is alright. But to me, breaking up means it's completely over. I don't like to play games. They are mentally, emotionally, and physically draining.

If you are having second thoughts because she found someone else, then I would consider that selfish. I can understand it, but it's not right -- especially if you are the one that let her go first.

P.S. - I hope you feel better soon *hug*. Break-ups really are never fun for anyone.

i want to apologize to everyone for this. reading it now it sounds idiotic.

i called her this morning and said everything i wanted to say and said goodbye so
i guess that makes things pretty finalized. maybe someday right? but dont trust a hope right? right.

thanks for listening ALL

(hug)

joe, it's not idiotic at all. i'm so sorry to hear you are going through this.
there is always hope, for anything - but... i would try to get over this, as well as i could.

Joe, maybe saying all you had to say to her will bring her back at some point. No guarantees, but nothing sounded idiotic to me. We all say things in the spur of the moment we don't mean, we all make mistakes in life. I think it's great you were able to open up about it in here. I hope you mend and feel better soon. Dead is right, there is always hope....

loketron said:
i want to apologize to everyone for this. reading it now it sounds idiotic.

i called her this morning and said everything i wanted to say and said goodbye so
i guess that makes things pretty finalized. maybe someday right? but dont trust a hope right? right.

thanks for listening ALL

Joe, I was going to recommend you do exactly that.

You probably don't feel good right now, but you have to be proud of the fact that you at least took some action on the matter to try and make it better for yourself. I think you made the right choice. You will be happier recovering from her than you would be wondering what was next.

I know it sucks, man. Stick through it. You're obviously able to date, you know that much. You're already miles ahead a lot of people.

Hi Joe,
Move on, and let her know that you're great without her, she is not deserved you!
as a member here, I just could give some advice which I don't know if that right things to say, why don't you set up a new date with someone in town?

or go for long holiday to make you forget about things happend to you...

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back