One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
user 130057 said:
At the start of the year, I promised myself I would start going outside more. I created a list of events I would like to attend prior to the end of the year. The last of these events was Carlisle Fireshow. Despite it raining heavily and having a bit of a cold, I went and had a great time.

good for you ! :)

I haven't started to feel a cry coming on...yet. Very tough to thwart off, today, and tomorrow, as it was exactly one year ago I thought my life was going to change for the better, enjoying a very special time (best ever for me) with someone who I thought was going to help me make all of the past failures, pain and sorrow a thing of the past.

Retrospective81 said:
Making peace with someone :)

Congratulations!
so hard to do, at times!

Finally got rid of the second round of stitches today. And managed to work more and check all of today`s to do`s. Last but not least, I acknowledged a mistake and apologized. So now I`m zen and enjoying it while it lasts, even if it`s only for a few moments or hours.

I managed to change my mind at the very last minute about a CPD workshop I had planned to attend this morning, instead I slept in.....no regrets :)

It was yesterday, but i went to the dutch airport to see what the hell i have to do when i go on my trip.

So, I dont know if ill get banned for this, (i dont think i should, but you guys are weird). The other day i was on omegle with "atheist" as interest when I found this allegedly girl (after the entire conversation i didnt any reason not to believe her) who said that wanted to talk to atheists because she thought they were not afraid of death, and she didnt want to be afraid of death either. I told her probably most atheists who said that, were lying, that fear of death is irrational but instinctive, and that i wasnt afraid of death at the moment but I would be if someone was pointing a gun at me. Then she asked if I would be afraid to be euthanized.
Long story short, she had a terminal disease, was suffering, and wanted to be euthanized (according to her, her parents were ok with whatever she decided) but was afraid of ceasing to exist. And after chatting with me she made up her mind about it, and was even kind of excited. She said all the people she talked to were ok with euthanasia until she told them it was for her, except for me, she also told me I was the only person that asked her what she wanted to do instead of telling her what she should do. And she wanted to be euthanized. From the beggining she said she didnt believe in life after death, but almost at the end of the conversation, she told me she hoped that if there was a heaven we could meet each other there, which is kind of ironic since if there was a heaven and a hell we would be meeting in the latter, but that was cute anyway.

A friend helped me work out a class schedule for spring semester. First time going back to school and couldn't have done it without him. :)

Bei said:
A friend helped me work out a class schedule for spring semester. First time going back to school and couldn't have done it without him. :)

Hey, that's great to hear you're starting again!

I helped someone. Whenever I feel crappy, helping someone seems to lift my spirits, even if it's just reaching up to grab a package for an old lady who couldn't reach! :)

I ventured outside when I couldn't really be bothered.

TheWalkingDead said:
I just deleted my OKCupid profile. Time to stop wasting any more time or hope on there, and move forward meeting real people.

Good luck!

ladyforsaken said:
TheWalkingDead said:
I just deleted my OKCupid profile. Time to stop wasting any more time or hope on there, and move forward meeting real people.

Good luck!

Thanks! To add today's positive step, I have arranged to go to a gathering of like minded people someone told me about, this week. I will only know one person there, the rest will be strangers (or friends I haven't made yet!) :D

TheWalkingDead said:
I helped someone. Whenever I feel crappy, helping someone seems to lift my spirits, even if it's just reaching up to grab a package for an old lady who couldn't reach! :)

^^ This is me. I swear it.
Also, you'd be surprised how many short Asian ladies ask me to get them items from top shelves while Im in the grocery store. :p
I guess at 5'9" Im just tall enough to reach the back of the top shelves.

When I help someone (especially when I'm feeling bad myself) it gives me a sense of accomplishment - like I've done something helpful.

Latest posts

Back