One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reluctantly packed the car to head back to the RV- all this time off with Kid has been so good for me.

I went to a bbq where I hardly knew anyone and I didn't stay in a corner the whole time being awkward.
Don't get me wrong... most of the time I spent in one spot, being awkward but it wasn't the whole time.

Not forcing myself to put up with stuff that will make me even more sick.

Grackle said:
I bought lamb, instead of chicken, for dinner. Its so expensive here thats its become a treat.

Enjoy!

I started college yesterday. I'm excited and exhausted at the same time. One year ago my anxiety was so bad that I could barely bring myself to leave the house, and now I have an amazing girlfriend, a job, school and a future. It turns out life can change!

I also got a job interview today! Too bad I probably won't have time for another job.

Anyway...I doubt many people care, but a few people helped me get my life back on track a year ago, just by posting in my threads and listening to me. Thank you for that :)

Locke said:
I started college yesterday. I'm excited and exhausted at the same time. One year ago my anxiety was so bad that I could barely bring myself to leave the house, and now I have an amazing girlfriend, a job, school and a future. It turns out life can change!

I also got a job interview today! Too bad I probably won't have time for another job.

Anyway...I doubt many people care, but a few people helped me get my life back on track a year ago, just by posting in my threads and listening to me. Thank you for that :)
That is really awesome! Congrats!

I've been addicted to marijuana (not addicted 'cause weed doesn't get you addicted, let's just say I was smoking a lot pot!) and from 2010 to the end of 2011 I nearly smoked pot every single day, like literally every single day at the age of 14/15 and people just basically lost hope in me. I quit school for six months and every single day of those months I'd spend smoking pot, literally every day. The year 2012 wasn't that different, I kept on smoking pot this time around not exactly on a daily basis but still once every two days, which at the time meant progress (lol), but since August that year until December I went back to smoking on such a regular basis I practically sweat marijuana. I was actually at school and passed class that year, though narrowly. My brother told me that in the ultimate level of moral in life, I was below it and that I'd never stop that honeysuckle. He simply gave up on me. From January 2013 to October 2013 I had smoked perhaps 20 cigarettes overall, which can be seen as practically impossible given my rates in 2010, 11 and 12. My mom and dad started talking to me, so did my brother, but I'd stick to Marilyn Monroe's quote: "If you can't handle me at my worse, then sure as hell you don't deserve me at my best!". Now I can go months without touching anything smoke-producer and I guess that's my story and I hope it encourages people in the same situation as I was. Thanks

I went to a group job interview today and they called me a few hours later to go for a second interview and a trial tomorrow morning! :)

Locke said:

Hey buddy, that is so so good to hear, I'm so happy for you. Also glad to hear that things have been going well for you. :)

I actually got motivated enough to do something other than eat and sleep.
Kinda happy about that.
And since that 'something' was making beer, I will have something maybe possibly kinda tasty to drink in a month.

For the last couple of weeks, I have woken up with a big smile on my face. That is huge for me.

I went for a walk today.

Last week I was harassed two days in a row by two different groups of guys. The last time, they started shouting taunts at me, and when they passed me, one of them threw his drink at me from behind, and it hit me in the head/neck and spilled all over me. They came back and taunted me more. Another one of them dumped his drink on my head and down my shirt. Some of them smacked my rear, and did some other stuff, and then they skipped off making animals noises at me (mooing, barking, oinking, etc.).

Being harassed when I go out is not uncommon, but last time was especially degrading, and for several days I haven't been able to make myself walk past the driveway. It was a short walk today, I didn't venture far and I was looking over my shoulder at every little noise... but I did it.

Solivagant said:
I went for a walk today.

Last week I was harassed two days in a row by two different groups of guys. The last time, they started shouting taunts at me, and when they passed me, one of them threw his drink at me from behind, and it hit me in the head/neck and spilled all over me. They came back and taunted me more. Another one of them dumped his drink on my head and down my shirt. Some of them smacked my rear, and did some other stuff, and then they skipped off making animals noises at me (mooing, barking, oinking, etc.).

Being harassed when I go out is not uncommon, but last time was especially degrading, and for several days I haven't been able to make myself walk past the driveway. It was a short walk today, I didn't venture far and I was looking over my shoulder at every little noise... but I did it.

I am so sorry to hear this, Solivagant :( *hugs*
I hope you're okay. **** those ********. I hope they stop hanging around there. :\

Solivagant said:
I went for a walk today.

I am really sorry that happened to you !
Some people are just honeysuckle.
I hope it doesn't happen again. You should be able to walk where you want. x

It wasn't easy, but I was able to stop seeing red during a verbal conflict with another personality type and bury it for an amicable resolution.

Latest posts

Back