Online dating, where dreams go to die...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to repeat the old saying, but it really is a numbers game. I was on OKCupid for years, yes years, and got nearly 0 messages back for months at a time. Statistically I found that I would get 1 message back for every 70 women I messaged. I did finally find someone though so it can work. I did it a bit too slowly though, I think if you can message about 25-50 women a week you will get at least 1 conversation started per week. I don't know what you look like but race also plays a factor. Me being Arab, sorta Indian looking, I can tell you that it's definitely harder for me to get any messages back. So good luck and don't give up.

Raptor2099 said:
I don't know what you look like but race also plays a factor. Me being Arab, sorta Indian looking, I can tell you that it's definitely harder for me to get any messages back. So good luck and don't give up.

Probably easier for you than me being a DUFF....

Raptor2099 said:
I hate to repeat the old saying, but it really is a numbers game. I was on OKCupid for years, yes years, and got nearly 0 messages back for months at a time. Statistically I found that I would get 1 message back for every 70 women I messaged. I did finally find someone though so it can work. I did it a bit too slowly though, I think if you can message about 25-50 women a week you will get at least 1 conversation started per week. I don't know what you look like but race also plays a factor. Me being Arab, sorta Indian looking, I can tell you that it's definitely harder for me to get any messages back. So good luck and don't give up.

I have found that I can get a response from about 1 in ever 3-4 people I contact. The problem I have is that I've pretty much gone through everyone that is on the site so I don't have anyone else to message. *laughs*

This is how almost every message I receive goes.

Them: hello beautiful, how are you?

Me: I am good, how are you?

Them: I am okay. What are you up to?

Me: (insert a thought out response)

Them: I'm bored.

I do not reply to "I'm bored". Sorry guys

AmytheTemperamental said:
This is how almost every message I receive goes.

Them: hello beautiful, how are you?

Me: I am good, how are you?

Them: I am okay. What are you up to?

Me: (insert a thought out response)

Them: I'm bored.

I do not reply to "I'm bored". Sorry guys
You are far kinder than me, lady. I don't even reply to "Hello Beautiful"s. :rolleyes:

Messages I send generally mention a common interest we have. Then the crickets start...

It hasen't worked for me but...it hasent "not worked" either. Online Dating is alternative but, its also a BIG gamble if your looking for a meaningful relationship. Your intention to find someone may be pure and genuine but, you have to contend with certain factors that your chances are slim.

1. Its the Internet, No one is entitled to be honest . Anyone can be who they want to be.
This puts off people that are actually trying to find someone to start relationship with. So, of course you have to be very particular when it comes to the people you message and the people message you. Actually, meeting someone is great but, then you have
to think about what the person is really like in real life. You wont know until, you've actually met and spend sometime together.

2. False Advertisement. Someone might express there hobbies, interest, lifestyle, and what their looking for on profile and it could be the exact opposite in real life. Kinda of hard to tell when you quite a few people online looking for one single thing, SEX! Dating sites are a haven for people looking for a hookup, sexual predators, and trolls. So, he or she may look nice on the screen and interested in science, comics, holistic values, with Masters degree and ready for a family but, as with real life. The best way to understand who a person is to get to know them.

3. Scam Artist. There everywhere looking to prey on the hearts of the lonely.

It's not impossible to find someone online but, I'd say you have the same chance of meeting someone in real life.

Latest posts

Back