Online targeted harassment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelyxgirlx

Reaction score
Hi, I’m currently being harassed on a particular social media platform and it is destroying me mentally. This person is throwing about all sorts of disgusting lies about me. I’ve tried to reach out to them and they have continued there malicious attacks on me. The platform itself will not remove their posts so their slanderous lies are there for all to see. I contacted the police and they just won’t seem to do anything. I’m seriously at my wits end and completely stressed over this.

Is it a random person or someone you know (irl or online)? Bullying can be so draining and upsetting, I'm sorry it's happening to you.

Can't you just block the person? It may not stop him from saying things, but at least you wouldn't see them.
I’ve tried blocking them but they have several accounts (I don’t know which others are theirs)and keep screenshotting my posts within their posts saying awful things about me.

Don't reply to them and keep blocking any new accounts.
Why are they harassing you and about what?

I can't imagine why a social media platform wouldn't do anything.
Without knowing what platform it is, I can't give specific advice, but is he doing it on group posts or your own personal posts.
If it's a group, could you say something to the person that runs the group.
If it's your personal page, could you make it private and not accept anyone you don't know?

Aside from that, keep in mind that they don't know you, so whatever they are saying really has nothing to do with you. The important thing is to make sure you and the people who care about you know the truth. Nothing else really matters. A stranger on the internet can only have power over you if you allow them to. Yes, easier said than done, but think about it.

I can't imagine why a social media platform wouldn't do anything.
Without knowing what platform it is, I can't give specific advice, but is he doing it on group posts or your own personal posts.
If it's a group, could you say something to the person that runs the group.
If it's your personal page, could you make it private and not accept anyone you don't know?

Aside from that, keep in mind that they don't know you, so whatever they are saying really has nothing to do with you. The important thing is to make sure you and the people who care about you know the truth. Nothing else really matters. A stranger on the internet can only have power over you if you allow them to. Yes, easier said than done, but think about it.
I’ve reported the account several times and they will not remove the posts. It’s my individual posts they are taking . I’ve decided to come off the platform altogether now , sadly

Latest posts

Back