Orange Words

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, some of the words I type end up turning orange and underlined twice in orange. Does anyone know how to remove this effect?

Thank you for viewing. :)

Where are you typing these words when you see the orange? If you are talking about here, what browser are you using?

You mean something like this?

abi3v6.jpg

The 'find' function in Chrome will highlight words in orange, as above. Spell check can underline it if you are entering it, but i only get one line, not two. There were complains about chrome underlining links but i don't know if that was something that has changed because i don't recall seeing links getting automatically underlined, though i don't use chrome much at all.

This is as close as i can come to it, typing in Chrome.

nv3wgm.jpg

THE letters and stuff look like these ones I type now. They are individually orange, not in a highlighted fashion. They are also always double underlined as well. Not all the words are orange. If I click on one that is double underlined, it takes me away to some random site.

Did you install any add ons, extensions or tool bars in Chrome?

What that sounds like is advertising or promotions. Something that identifies words or phrases and hyperlinks them to advertising content that it feels will may be of interest to you.

You can find that in published content on some sites as an attempt to raise revenue but i haven't heard of it appearing in text that you are typing, that has not yet been posted.

I haven't seem that in Chrome so i am wondering if it was included in some add on, extension or tool bars that you may have added later. If you haven't added anything to the browser then you might consider scanning your drive with the free version of Malwarebytes to see if it can identify some advertising malware as the cause.

Minus said:

What that sounds like is advertising or promotions. Something that identifies words or phrases and hyperlinks them to advertising content that it feels will may be of interest to you.

You can find that in published content on some sites as an attempt to raise revenue but i haven't heard of it appearing in text that you are typing, that has not yet been posted.

I haven't seem that in Chrome so i am wondering if it was included in some add on, extension or tool bars that you may have added later. If you haven't added anything to the browser then you might consider scanning your drive with the free version of Malwarebytes to see if it can identify some advertising malware as the cause.
Will do. Thanks Minus.:)

Minus said:

Will do. Thanks minus.:)

It sounds to me like you are describing something like this....

2upw9ad.jpg

In this case the forum this was clipped from automatically adds hyperlinks to published posts as a revenue source. Where the person mentioned "buy a new computer" the forum added a link to a computer sales site, turning the text green and underlining it twice.

I understand you to be saying that you are seeing that here in Orange, even on unposted text that you are writing. I do not believe that this forum is adding orange hyperlinks, though i will be corrected on that if i am mistaken.

That would lead me to think that you have some advertising software that is doing it.

Minus said:
It sounds to me like you are describing something like this....

2upw9ad.jpg

In this case the forum this was clipped from automatically adds hyperlinks to published posts as a revenue source. Where the person mentioned "buy a new computer" the forum added a link to a computer sales site, turning the text green and underlining it twice.

I understand you to be saying that you are seeing that here in Orange, even on unposted text that you are writing. I do not believe that this forum is adding orange hyperlinks, though i will be corrected on that if i am mistaken.

That would lead me to think that you have some advertising software that is doing it.
That's exactly what it looks like. I'll check it out and fix it.

Thanks Again Minus

Latest posts

Back