Outlook on The Future

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boring-Weirdo

Reaction score
What do you believe the future holds for you?

I think my life will continue much the same as it has for the last decade, at least for some time. I will spend my time farting in front of the computer, and hoping I will eventually be deemed acceptable by members of the opposite sex. I believe my future sexual experiences will be rather pathetic in number and kind, but occasional successes will occur.

I will age and become more set in my ways; any efforts to change myself or lifestyle will become progressively more futile as well as less frequent. My parents will become more decrepit and thus more dependent on my care, then eventually die - most likely prompting my own demise as well.

Not to be rude, but if that's what you believe will happen, then you're probably going to make/let it happen that way.

Badjedidude said:
Not to be rude, but if that's what you believe will happen, then you're probably going to make/let it happen that way.

+1
I actually very much agree with this.

I am 24 now with a girl or a job and I am living with my parents again. So it can 1 of two ways. Either I go out and beg and plead for a job for months and months and maybe I can get back to the life I had before or I can sit here waste away and become bitter at life. Now I would greatly like the first option to come true but so far it's not looking good.

ladyforsaken said:
Badjedidude said:

+1
I have not found my personal beliefs to affect my life outcomes very much at all. As an example: for many years I had the unshakable belief that with hard work and determination success would follow, when actually very much the opposite happened to me.

my future ?

probably same job, continue with my golf and photography
Same house, probably single but you never know what's round the corner ?

At 25 years old hopefully a job, followed by moving out, followed by getting out more. I'm OK now but hope I don't start to gradually lose my mind if the situation hasn't changed in 6 months.

Boring-Weirdo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Badjedidude said:

+1
I have not found my personal beliefs to affect my life outcomes very much at all. As an example: for many years I had the unshakable belief that with hard work and determination success would follow, when actually very much the opposite happened to me.

^ Same here.

Whether there is validity or not to the idea of the "self-fulfilling prophecy" though, I can't say. I've seen evidence for both sides. Just not in my own experience.

Solivagant said:
Boring-Weirdo said:

^ Same here.
What happened to you?

I gave the best 15 years of my life over to art, working obsessively to improve my efforts with virtually no progress made. During much of that time what kept me going was the misplaced idea that I could be anything I wanted to be if I worked at it. Turns out that's not true.
Duh! :club:

I think, on top of keeping a positive mindset, one would also have to be realistic about their situation in life, don't you think so?

I will have a job I enjoy to do and spending time with my dear ones and also healthy I hope. :)

a) I will keep being sick and eventually die of cancer or of some scary autoimmune disease
b) if I don't die, I will finally heal, I will become a really awesome and sexy older lady, I will do kung fu every day, I will live out of my bed and breakfast to be able to dedicate my time to humanitarian causes, perhaps I will find love around 65 if not in any case I will be living with other people and cats, maybe dogs, I will perform in musical charity events and I intend to live every f&%$ing day giving and taking as much as I can.
it is possible that I will keep being this lonely, but I can't think about it now, I will do everything in my power to avoid it

Boring-Weirdo said:
Solivagant said:
Boring-Weirdo said:

^ Same here.
What happened to you?

I gave the best 15 years of my life over to art, working obsessively to improve my efforts with virtually no progress made. During much of that time what kept me going was the misplaced idea that I could be anything I wanted to be if I worked at it. Turns out that's not true.
Duh! :club:

are you sure that was your true calling? I say this because something similar happened to me, only I wasted only maybe ten years

I hope that I will find my passion or something that inspires me enough. Other than that my introverted self will more or less just keep drifting, while also waiting for "that someone" to come along because I don't know where or how else to look.

Peaches said:
are you sure that was your true calling? I say this because something similar happened to me, only I wasted only maybe ten years
Art is the only thing I made a goal of other than sex. I don't think I have above-average potential at anything, nor an interest in developing it.

Sorry you wasted 10 years. It's hard for people to understand the toll that takes on a person, and they don't want to admit that people cannot get what they want through hard work.

At least it's over with now. :)

If this is a legitimate question.. I have 7 years of university ahead but I'll at least be able to do what I want to do. Which is be a TV-writer.

Or acting. But that requires some hope

Latest posts

Back