panic attacks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Do you get any panic attacks from being out in public?Or from just being around too many people?

I used to get panic attacks really bad - like to the point of being almost house-bound. Over the years, though, I’ve learned what my triggers are, ways to cope with anxiety and I know when I’ve had enough of a particular situation and need to leave. I try my best to avoid large, noisy crowds and busy public spaces.

Last edited:
I used to get panic attacks as I started walking into a crowded situation. I used to have to turn around and go back home. I would have small panic attacks when enclosed in a room with other people.

Now I avoid being in enclosed rooms with others. I have learned to ignore crowds by seeing people as objects and not interacting with them. I also get supplies when stores are not crowded. But, if I'm in a crowd and in a line. I have to put down whatever I have and leave to avoid a bad situation.

I haven't had a panic attack in a long time.

I used to get panic attacks as I started walking into a crowded situation. I used to have to turn around and go back home. I would have small panic attacks when enclosed in a room with other people.

Now I avoid being in enclosed rooms with others. I have learned to ignore crowds by seeing people as objects and not interacting with them. I also get supplies when stores are not crowded. But, if I'm in a crowd and in a line. I have to put down whatever I have and leave to avoid a bad situation.

I haven't had a panic attack in a long time.
I'm glad to hear that finished

Yeah once at work, was bad enough that I had to take the rest of the day off. It was a stressful environment that triggered it.

It's been a while since I had a panic attack. I still have anxiety, recently I have this feeling of a constant lump in my throat and can't eat without feeling nauseous. Sleeping feels uncomfortable too.

Latest posts

Back