PDD or other Social Disorders

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estreen

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else here has been diagnosed with PDD (info here), or if not, after reading about it, do you think you might have it, or be borderline?

Now, I don't believe in every diagnosis that has ever been thrown at me by my past doctors, but being diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder is actually accurate, I believe, as I've always felt like something was off when it has come to communicating and socializing with others, like I'm behind in social skills. I also tend to feel disassociated from the rest of society at times, and I do find it hard to get my point across at times or feel myself not knowing what to say. It made me feel weird because I have a fairly large vocabulary, am great at reading and writing, but when it comes to conversation...that's where I seem to fall into the cracks.

It has been thought that I am borderline Asperger's, although I was only diagnosed PDD-NOS (Not Otherwise Specified).

Anyhow, I just think maybe there are some others out there who are like me, and perhaps this could be the reason for why some of us find it so hard to socialize and deal with people.

Also, when reading about it, you will see Autism come up a lot; that's just because Autism is the primary/biggest disorder in the PDD spectrum and is talked about the most. I, however, am not autistic, although I do exhibit a few autistic-like traits. So, PDD does not equal Autism, unless that is the specific diagnosis.

Other references on PDD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervasive_developmental_disorder
http://childbrain.com/pdd.shtml
http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_whatis_PDD

Hmmmm....very interesting...but no, I've never been diagnosed with PDD. :p lol sorry!

*hugs* But I support ya and I'm here for ya! Thanks for the info! :D

----Steve

:p Hehe, thanks Jedi. I'm not expecting many people (if any at all) to be diagnosed, but I was wondering if maybe others think that it might apply to them. If not, it's cool. I just thought it was interesting, and explains a lot, in my case. :)

me...probably, boarderline...I guess.

That's probably why me spelling and grammer is out of tis world :p
yet I repeatedly play my guitar and have sex..lol

Load noise and lights. That's in the realm of playing in a metal band

There's no known cure for any of the stuff ..I guess I have.lol
My childhood was not normal. My teens got better but it was still rough.
My early adult hood...that was like the twightlightzone.

English is not my first language. I had to have one on one lessons or classes.
For some reasons...I had to attend these classes for a couple hours per day.
I also had one on one music lesson during school hours on top of my regular music classes.
I didn't see other kids having these one on one classes.
Err wtf....i just had a brain fart moment....
My fucken teachers and parents conspire against me...they fucken putted me the specail edumacations classes without putting in me the classes with the special kids..
I ma really fucken specail :p

I also had thearapy in the first year of my recovery. One on one.
I also attended support groups such as AA/NA or Al-anon. Aside of the discussions of talking about no drinking
and using...it's being around people and being able to communicte...I belive it help me a great deal.
Also in sponsorship...I belive this plays an important role...It's kind of like working one on one.
I've been in recovery since I was 22...

drug and alcohol abuse are mask to my actaully condition...IDK

yeah...just like I was tell'in Chelle...I have a hard time articulating what i really feel and want to say.

oN A TUSEDAY I THINK ALL PEOPLE ARE FUCKEN RETARDED...maybe that's a sign wight thar :p

mAYBE that's why I want that special someone in my life...the one on one theraputic vaule of it.

Latest posts

Back