People ask me if i would ever want to be "normal"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lonely One

Reaction score
Being tied down by morals, suffering from emotional pain, cry just because you feel lonely, having to depend on people being there for you, having additional problems beyond your own because of sympathy and or empathy.

I think that most people would want to rid themselves of that if they could.

There are some days I would completely 100% agree with that. Most days no, here's why. I wouldn't want to not care or forget my morals. Who says it's "normal" to not be tied down by morals, not to feel lonely, not to depend on people for help, not to be sympathetic or empathetic? To me someone who's none of those is NOT normal, as human beings we are designed to care about others, to have feelings, to feel loneliness and happiness. It's why people come together in a crisis. I worry about the people who ask you that kind of question, I wonder how they can be uncaring, unfeeling automatons.

I agree with you when you mentioned not to forget morals. You're right you have to have some sort of standards right??I do retract my statement about the morals part.

"Normal" is boring. Most people are not "normal" anyway. We're all a little crazy. You have to be to survive in this world. Stop thinking you're so different. You're not. We're all pretty much the same. Just trying to get by in this crazy world. You'll be okay.

Normal is what we think it is. I think sometimes we tend to over think about what "normal" is. I think its important to remember that no one is "truly" normal. Everyone is weird and strange in their own way =p

There is no "normal". There is no "crazy". They're just words. Everyone should be proud of who they are. Labels are stupid.

How many of you think you might feel sad and depressed not so much because you're alone but because your life isn't what you think it's supposed to be (i.e., your life isn't normal)?

Mary Mary said:
How many of you think you might feel sad and depressed not so much because you're alone but because your life isn't what you think it's supposed to be (i.e., your life isn't normal)?
I bet some people on this forum will disagree.

The Lonely One said:
Mary Mary said:
I bet some people on this forum will disagree.

I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone. That's why I asked "how many of you"?

However, thought patterns can most definitely can affect feelings of loneliness:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100907171640.htm

Specifically, the four interventions that helped people break the cycle of negative thoughts about self-worth and how people perceive them were the most effective at reducing loneliness.

Mary Mary said:

I'm lonely but not sad or depressed.
What does that mean?!?!?!!?? lol

That is an interesting point. I think it's important to consider that everyone has a different definition of normal. What's normal in my culture may be weird and abnormal in yours. I don't think feeling lonely stems from not feeling normal, but rather not finding anyone to relate to and communicate with regarding a shared interest, background, culture, etc. One can be surrounded by a sea of people and seemingly blend in (i.e. be normal) yet still feel completely alone.

Latest posts

Back