People that ENJOY being alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are times when I actually enjoy having time to myself.

Before I broke up in my first relationship, I didn't even dare to go and eat lunch on my own. After that break up, I forced myself to do things on my own - being overly dependent on other people's company would just hold me back from doing the things that I like.

So yeah, I guess that sorta like grew over the years. I still enjoy good company but there are times when I'd like to just shut the door and have some 'me' time.

Being alone in the sense of having private time is vital for me, and I'm sure for alot of other people. However, I'm sure that perpetual loneliness is not healthy for anyone. Humans are animals, and social animals at that - we function as a 'society' and I'm just saying this from my own experience but alot of the things I value and seek for (love, understanding, companionship) stem from human contact and not solitude.

I think I do enjoy being alone. I have a gf now and I sorta wish things were how they used to be. Weird I know...

Latest posts

Back