People Who Judge You

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WishingWell

Reaction score
I am very upset at this moment, because a few days ago, someone I never heard of on this Forum gave me a reputation point for a post I made. The person wanted to be pen pals, and I said that I would get back to her/him.

I posted something else and the same person gave me a reputation point.

Both times I thanked the person.

Then a PM came from this person telling me how down she/he felt, and I did my best to cheer the person up. For some good reason, I mentioned I was a Christian. I expressed my opinions to things only.

This was in reference to her/his reaction to a certain thread, where everyone that posted seemed to be in agreement.

Then two emails followed, which stated my opinions weren't what was right, they were how I felt. Such is true.

I also was told I am not a Christian and had several passages of the Bible quoted to me.

I then wrote back in defense and went to send my message and THE PERSON BLOCKED ME!

I guess I am more hurt than anything. This Forum since I joined quite a while back has been nothing but pleasurable to me and full of learning experience and moral support.

I guess I always give the benefit of the doubt to everyone. For the moment, I am reluctant to trust again. I know the cause is not just this. I have a long history of being judged, abused, and left.

Anyone have any comments? I don't really need advice. This will pass. It always does. I am very strong and resilient. I just wanted to get this out!

Thanks for reading! :rolleyes:

Meh. People always get weird about religion. I generally just expect the same tolerance I give. If I don't get it from somebody, he or she obviously isn't the sort of person I need to interact with very often.

I guess just saying I was a Christian must have invited her/him to attack my Christianity with so many Bible quotes and by saying bad things to me. Another thing I shouldn't have written--this thread!

nerdygirl said:
Meh. People always get weird about religion. I generally just expect the same tolerance I give. If I don't get it from somebody, he or she obviously isn't the sort of person I need to interact with very often.

nerdygirl said:
Meh. People always get weird about religion.

There are always such strong views when it comes to this, but less said the better.

Stuff like this is more of an annoyance for me, but at least it ended in a simple disconnection of communication rather than a huge argument full of name calling and insults; that's always boring to read.

As nerdygirl says, a lot of people do get weird about religion and are convinced that their own particular way of thinking is the only right way. (This is one reason why, despite my also being a Christian, I don't belong to a church.) And as 9006 says, blocking you is better than sending you long messages pointing out the 'errors' in your beliefs.
It is hurtful though that you did your best to help this person when s/he was down and then you get treated like this.

The mention of religion to an anti-theist is enough for them to turn in to a cry baby. Forget about him/her. Good riddance, like Sigma said.

My brother and his wife are both Christian(my brother is a BAC). For the most part they are good people and for the most part they are pretty non judgmental and rarely if ever toss their beliefs at others. Not all Christians are like that and I'm not saying you(the OP)is like that either(I don't know). Just mentioning what your faith is is not the same as preaching.

WishingWell said:
I guess just saying I was a Christian must have invited her/him to attack my Christianity with so many Bible quotes and by saying bad things to me. Another thing I shouldn't have written--this thread!

nerdygirl said:

nerdygirl, I want to apologize to you. What I said in response to the above, was wrong of me. It sounded like I was JUDGING YOU! I AM SORRY! I appreciate your input. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my Thread!

I am glad I did create this Thread. TO ALL THE OTHERS RESPONDING, THANK YOU! I feel a lot better now! It seems you all view religion as a complicated thing, and it is! That's why they say never talk Religion or Politics, I guess!

From now on, I will be less willing to offer the information that I am a Christian until I know someone well enough to know it won't be JUDGED in any way. I was just thinking if this person is a true Christian, she/he wouldn't be JUDGING ME!

It's never a good idea to post things about other forum members - especially when you leave a trail to who that person could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back