People

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't recall saying I've never been shy.....

However, being shy and having anxiety issues are not that much different, IMO. Both issues makes it difficult to talk to people. Both issues make you want to NOT be seen or put in the spotlight.

Sometimes reducing a fear means facing it head on. It's a proven method, if I'm not mistaken. It's obviously not for everyone, but to dismiss the idea because you don't agree with it or think I've never experienced something is...well, because I can't think of a word that wouldn't come across as insulting, I'll just say illogical. Everyone is going to react differently to different advice. It doesn't make one piece of advice better than the other in general, but for each individual, they can only do what they feel they are prepared to do.

TheRealCallie said:
Everyone is going to react differently to different advice. It doesn't make one piece of advice better than the other in general, but for each individual, they can only do what they feel they are prepared to do.

I support this completely.

MTrip said:
Good suggestions here, but whatever you do, just be careful about which people you cultivate as friends. Pick the wrong person & you'll get taken for everything you have or at least get annoyed on a regular basis. Pick the right person & you'll have a friend you can be happy with & who merits your help & efforts.

I've gotta agree completely here. There's all types of different types posting here so I can only assume you'll find what you're looking for. I've been lucky enough to find those I can relate to on different levels....I've got TheRealCallie who's honest, truthful, tells it like it is, and doesn't put up with bullshit from uptight motherfuckers who thrive on negativity and pessimism. There's Eve who's got a great sense of humour, fairness, compassion, and a very deep understanding of the things life throws at you- she's also **** quick to sort me out when I need it ;) I appreciate Peaches for the way she shares, seeks, and constantly strives for the betterment of
herself and others, I find her ponderings to be intriguing- it's cool how she takes nothing for granted. There's several others but these three came to mind first. As MTrip indicated, choose the right people....

Latest posts

Back