Personal style

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any vintage shops/stalls near you? I get most of my stuff from vintage shops they have unique pieces and are always open to a wee bit of haggling ends up much cheaper than online and once they get to know you they'll always let you know if they get something they think you may like.
I second this. I don't think I've bought a new piece of clothing for years. I always shop at secondhand/thrift/vintage stores - or sew, but depending on fabric that can get expensive.

I've shopped at Walmart for my clothes for decades. I'm also kind of a mini-hoarder when I find great deals. I bought a honeysuckle load of nice short sleeve shirts from Walmart years ago and still haven't worn or looked at many of them.

I usually stick with three shirts at a time and dont change up anything until they are at the end of their life. So, just recently I went to Walmart to buy three shirts instead of going through my boxes of shirts. They seemed to be made really cheaply. But, cost way more then I believe they are worth.

So, I went through my boxes. Holly honeysuckle! The quality difference is shocking. The shirts I have stored are really nice. So, I pulled out three and replaced the ones I had been wearing. With all my backstock I should be good for another 30 years or so.

BTW, I pulled out all of my backstock shoes, which I love and are no longer available. I found I had 12 pairs. Nice! I also found 18 pairs of shorts, 12 pairs of various long leg levis, and many sweaters all brand new.

The nice thing about my body is that it's the same dimensions as when I was a senior in high school. I never pack on the pounds like most people do. So, all of my old clothes still fit me perfectly. :)

Same mostly. Jeans. Black t-shirt, black boots, black heart 😜 (that reference is probably too obscure but I'm laughing) wifebeater in the summer, when I wish I could peel my skin off.

I've stopped buying online, I found the pictures and sizing could be very misleading, you really have to try a piece on before parting with your hard earned cash. Mod clothing in particular is very tailored and fitted.

Do you have any vintage shops/stalls near you? I get most of my stuff from vintage shops they have unique pieces and are always open to a wee bit of haggling ends up much cheaper than online and once they get to know you they'll always let you know if they get something they think you may like.
Random guy,I get all of my clothes at a second hand store,they have the best clothes there,and a lot of them that I get they're are brand new with the tags still on them and everything.

When I was younger it was general Black Metal attire.
Of course now that I'm older it's just standard cargo jeans and solid black or grey shirts.
Turns out: I'm just as creepy and scary to people in totally normal clothes as I am looking like the Devil's son, so since the result is the same either way, I might as well save money on the difference.

I'm old, looks don't matter.
These days I look less like a type of a way and more like "get off my lawn."
😂

Last edited:
I have no style. I will literally wear anything usually whatever is on top of the pile after laundry is done. T-shirt’s and leggings usually all black or grey. Birkenstock’s or boots. No make up. Hair in bun or 2 braids. Snake knot bracelet, silver band ring on right hand and a pair of black diamond earrings. That’s my style everyday for everything. Most of my clothes have holes in them but those are the best ones.

I have no style. I will literally wear anything usually whatever is on top of the pile after laundry is done. T-shirt’s and leggings usually all black or grey. Birkenstock’s or boots. No make up. Hair in bun or 2 braids. Snake knot bracelet, silver band ring on right hand and a pair of black diamond earrings. That’s my style everyday for everything. Most of my clothes have holes in them but those are the best ones.
yes they are,I don't wear any makeup either.

Jeans + t-shirts. I also don't mind havin a few the same items. Sometimes I think that having 7 identical t-shirts would make my life much easier )
I also like shorts and t-shirts with stupid pictures but I think, I'm getting too old for it.

Jeans + t-shirts. I also don't mind havin a few the same items. Sometimes I think that having 7 identical t-shirts would make my life much easier )
I also like shorts and t-shirts with stupid pictures but I think, I'm getting too old for it.
I agree about having multiples of the same thing. If I find a pair of pants I love I will get more. Im easy though always black. I have graphic t-shirts from 20 years ago that I still wear. Now they're all thin and have holes and patches. I still wear 2 French braids like I did as a kid. You are never too old to be you.

I agree about having multiples of the same thing. If I find a pair of pants I love I will get more. Im easy though always black. I have graphic t-shirts from 20 years ago that I still wear. Now they're all thin and have holes and patches. I still wear 2 French braids like I did as a kid. You are never too old to be you.
That's very true Claudia,always be true to your self,and be yourself no matter what.

Latest posts

Back