Players

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
If that made them happy good for them. However, I would rather spend the rest of my days in this forum and die alone in my bed than ever live like that or settle for someone who "tolerates" me. I prove that everyday. I would rather dream of what could be than live in what isn't.

Couldnt agree more Naleena.

Chill out, Thrasymachus! I'm probably not conveying my thoughts well, but you're way off base. I'm not contrasting the ability to bed women with the inability to bed women. I'm not talking about romantic love. I'm asking about a specific type of man (boy, to me) who uses phony moves to pick up chicks. It's difficult to describe, but to me, the words and attitude make this kind of guy sound like he's in high school (no offense to the younger members here). From what I've experienced, many women would prefer, "Wanna f***?" to an obviously fake comment, said with an obviously phony tone. ("You're looking cute today," for example.)

You're right about one thing. You don't need to talk a lot. Get a Harley.

I didn't know that "you look cute today." was code for "let's have sex." o.o I learn something new every day.

"May I take you to to dinner sometime?" is this code for "let's fresia." too?

SophiaGrace said:
I didn't know that "you look cute today." was code for "let's have sex." o.o I learn something new every day.

"May I take you to to dinner sometime?" is this code for "let's fresia." too?
This is one where you had to be there, Sophia. It's not only the words, but the tone, the facial expression, the phony attitude. Like I said, it's difficult to describe, but I also said the comments and tone are OBVIOUSLY fake. No need to be sarcastic, Sophia. I'm trying my best to describe how I feel.

Poueff said:
Why all the bashing on players?
Because it indicates disingenuity. A player operates in the same manner as a used car salesman, and we all bash used car salesmen. If a guy is just using tactics to pick up women, then I see nothing wrong with that, though I find such moves rather silly. I'm pretty down-to-earth, so I can't see myself saying some of the things I hear. I'd never make a good used car salesman. I have, however, known guys to whom being a player is a personality trait rather than a tactic. They are manipulative in all areas of their lives, but that's another subject.

Lmao....we all have something to sell..
Its not any differnt than u trying to sell ur perceptions of good morals high ground u belive in and others should live by...
Will I aint buying it.lol
Its all jsut a bunch of bullshit that gose in ur head.
Heres reality...the world dosnt evolve around you..espcailly ur thinking.
Right, wrong .indiffernts. Weather you like it or not. People are going to do whatever the fresia they're going to do without ur permission too.lol
U said u lived with an addict for 2 years...ur sicker than her...I know this right? Lol
Maybe u heard of Alan-on? Its for co-dependent people..
step 1 " Im powerless over people, places, and things N my life had become unmanageable". Whcih is another way of saying U have control issues....very manipulative in ur own ways...passive agressive some would say.lol

Okie-doke, crow. Apparently I've hit a nerve. You're right, though. I don't need your permission to hold nor share my opinions. Hopefully, you understand the difference between opinions and control issues. Here, let me clue you in. If I cared what other people did, then I'd have control issues. I don't. Couldn't care less. That doesn't mean I can't form an opinion on certain behaviors. Since you've made this personal, here's one: Your anger will eat you up. Good luck to ya.

ChiCowboy said:
Poueff said:
Why all the bashing on players?
Because it indicates disingenuity. A player operates in the same manner as a used car salesman, and we all bash used car salesmen. If a guy is just using tactics to pick up women, then I see nothing wrong with that, though I find such moves rather silly. I'm pretty down-to-earth, so I can't see myself saying some of the things I hear. I'd never make a good used car salesman. I have, however, known guys to whom being a player is a personality trait rather than a tactic. They are manipulative in all areas of their lives, but that's another subject.

Who says they are? I presume that by bashing them you aren't one. By those standards,why the hell do you think they're pricks?

Btw,Most guys who complain about being 'nice' and not getting the girl usually are doing it wrong. You can't just be nice to them and act like a friend and expect them to fall for you, that's bullshit. These '********' are usually just the guys with the sack to ask the girl out. You can be nice and still mack on a chick.

Incidentally, those 'nice' guys who try and get close to a girl by befriending them, hoping they'll fall in love with you sweet ways and then you- you're deliberately misleading them by not being honest. That's a pretty dick move tbh.

Basicly,man up, girls like nice guys, but nice guys with the confidence to ask them out. Be their friend, and that's why you're in the friend zone.

Poueff said:
Who says they are? I presume that by bashing them you aren't one. By those standards,why the hell do you think they're pricks?

Btw,Most guys who complain about being 'nice' and not getting the girl usually are doing it wrong. You can't just be nice to them and act like a friend and expect them to fall for you, that's bullshit. These '********' are usually just the guys with the sack to ask the girl out. You can be nice and still mack on a chick.

Incidentally, those 'nice' guys who try and get close to a girl by befriending them, hoping they'll fall in love with you sweet ways and then you- you're deliberately misleading them by not being honest. That's a pretty dick move tbh.

Basicly,man up, girls like nice guys, but nice guys with the confidence to ask them out. Be their friend, and that's why you're in the friend zone.

Most of them are by default because it indicates they have to be disingenuous to pick up a girl, they basically have to use tactics. A guy who asks a girl out is not being an *******, a guy who uses pick up tactics to try and get a girl to like him is a bit of an ******* in my opinion because as i said its using tactics to try and basically "bait" the girl into liking him through phychology. Being in a relationship is also being that person's friend by default, a nice and genuine guy would befriend a girl they are attracted to not because they want to get into their pants but because they like the person for who they are and thats the reason for the attraction.
Just like becoming a friend with any other person in general, you dont use tactics to get a friend, you become friends through things like similar interests and a respect for that person. :club:

Poueff said:

Dude, you don't know me at all. I realize I'm having great difficulty explaining myself, but my opinions aren't based on any failures of my own. I have no trouble getting women into bed. I'm dating someone now, so I have no trouble establishing an extended relationship, either. Maybe if you stop trying to psychoanalyze me and just read the words I've written, you'll understand, but I'll take responsibility for being too vague in my writing. Don't presume. Read. This is MY OPINION...about a certain behavior. It's not code for my self-image. I'm asking for your opinion on that behavior. If you disagree, fine. That's why I ask; I'm interested in the opinions of others. It's not about me. I could similarly assume that you're the type of person I'm describing, and that's why your chill button has popped out of its socket, but I'm not playing that game here.

Some of my posts are a bit arrogant, I know, but my intent is honesty. Indeed, I AM HONEST. It works wonders. That's what I'm talking about. Obviously, I've given the wrong impression to some people here (others seem to understand). I'm not talking about a book I've read, some fanciful ideas I have in my head, a movie I've seen nor a TV series. I'm talking about real people I know. Apparently, it's next to impossible to describe these people over the internet, but if you met them, I'm sure you'd understand, as do the others around me who also know the men in question. Let me try a bit more:

One of the guys - the one I mentioned in the OP - has a beautiful wife and three year old girl. He can't keep it zipped up. He's a player, and proud of it. He's tells every girl he wants to bed how cute she is, even the ones he thinks are fugly - he's not picky. It's the same line, said in the same phony manner, over and over, to whomever happens to be standing next to him at the time. Another is in my age group (early 50s, and I acknowledged that my opinion may be tainted by my age). He sounds just like the twenty-five year old I noted above. He looks silly to me. Still another is just a manipulative person. He not only manipulates women into the sack, but he uses people for money, drinks, drugs, a place to stay, you name it. Is that a bit clearer?

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm not talking about ability. There are many ways to bed women. "Do you wanna fresia?" is straightforward. "You look cute today," said by a man who has to be falling down drunk before he finds the woman half-assed attractive is not. It's a lie. I also see a difference between a witty remark and a canned pick-up line. When I hear these lines, I just shake my head. Maybe you don't. That's fine. That's what I'm asking for...your opinion of such tactics. If I want your opinion of me, I'll start another thread. Peace.

ShybutHi said:
Poueff said:

Most of them are by default because it indicates they have to be disingenuous to pick up a girl, they basically have to use tactics. A guy who asks a girl out is not being an *******, a guy who uses pick up tactics to try and get a girl to like him is a bit of an ******* in my opinion because as i said its using tactics to try and basically "bait" the girl into liking him through phychology. Being in a relationship is also being that person's friend by default, a nice and genuine guy would befriend a girl they are attracted to not because they want to get into their pants but because they like the person for who they are and thats the reason for the attraction.
Just like becoming a friend with any other person in general, you dont use tactics to get a friend, you become friends through things like similar interests and a respect for that person. :club:
Agree completely. Thank you. :)

EveWasFramed said:
I swear...Im going to start pulling my hair out any minute....
LOL!

ShybutHi said:
Poueff said:

What if they're not looking for relationships but for one night stands?

Pouff said:
What if they're not looking for relationships but for one night stands?

There's nothing wrong with a one-nighter every now and then... but from what I've seen, PUA/"players" end up doing this as a main goal of their life. They get so focused on it that it becomes who they are and they even become unable to operate in any solid relationship in the future... so they continue to play the field until they're too old to do it anymore.

...and then what? They're bitter for the rest of their life because they never learned any other way.

Its bascially comes back to competing and comparing. Judging , comdemning and all the messed up bullshit.

Youi can be honest as u wanna be.It is still however ur own reality or pereceotions.
The truth of the matter is everryone have their own reality..

anyone with good selfesteem or self confidence already not really going to give a rats ass what anybody else thinks or say about them..whatever labels names..etc.
iIs it not evident to you that the young man ur judging dosnt really give a fresia what you think about him?
Get this clearly....

ChiCowboy said:
Poueff said:

Dude, you don't know me at all. I realize I'm having great difficulty explaining myself, but my opinions aren't based on any failures of my own. I have no trouble getting women into bed. I'm dating someone now, so I have no trouble establishing an extended relationship, either. Maybe if you stop trying to psychoanalyze me and just read the words I've written, you'll understand, but I'll take responsibility for being too vague in my writing. Don't presume. Read. This is MY OPINION...about a certain behavior. It's not code for my self-image. I'm asking for your opinion on that behavior. If you disagree, fine. That's why I ask; I'm interested in the opinions of others. It's not about me. I could similarly assume that you're the type of person I'm describing, and that's why your chill button has popped out of its socket, but I'm not playing that game here.

Some of my posts are a bit arrogant, I know, but my intent is honesty. Indeed, I AM HONEST. It works wonders. That's what I'm talking about. Obviously, I've given the wrong impression to some people here (others seem to understand). I'm not talking about a book I've read, some fanciful ideas I have in my head, a movie I've seen nor a TV series. I'm talking about real people I know. Apparently, it's next to impossible to describe these people over the internet, but if you met them, I'm sure you'd understand, as do the others around me who also know the men in question. Let me try a bit more:

One of the guys - the one I mentioned in the OP - has a beautiful wife and three year old girl. He can't keep it zipped up. He's a player, and proud of it. He's tells every girl he wants to bed how cute she is, even the ones he thinks are fugly - he's not picky. It's the same line, said in the same phony manner, over and over, to whomever happens to be standing next to him at the time. Another is in my age group (early 50s, and I acknowledged that my opinion may be tainted by my age). He sounds just like the twenty-five year old I noted above. He looks silly to me. Still another is just a manipulative person. He not only manipulates women into the sack, but he uses people for money, drinks, drugs, a place to stay, you name it. Is that a bit clearer?

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm not talking about ability. There are many ways to bed women. "Do you wanna fresia?" is straightforward. "You look cute today," said by a man who has to be falling down drunk before he finds the woman half-assed attractive is not. It's a lie. I also see a difference between a witty remark and a canned pick-up line. When I hear these lines, I just shake my head. Maybe you don't. That's fine. That's what I'm asking for...your opinion of such tactics. If I want your opinion of me, I'll start another thread. Peace.

Gamma males.

Latest posts

Back