please help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninako

Reaction score
my mother said she'll take me to a hospital
i don't want to go

she doesn't want to deal with me anymore. she says i can't control myself [emotions, thoughts, etc.] and i have to keep going to the doctors, exercise, take more medicine or she'll put me in the hospital but i'm doing everything she says i'm just telling her i don't want to

im already seeing four doctors. i have to bear with it until i graduate, or she'll send me away. i don't have anywhere else to go

Now this is my own opinion but I would go. I resisted going to the hospital for my mental health. What I learned in there was I was not alone in feeling the way I do. I was accepted and I got treatment. I look back at it fondly and even have a shirt that says.. 2 south Alumni. Why would I wear this? Only folks who have been there get it and when we see one on the streets it reminds us that we are ok and we are not alone. My children said I should go and it changed my life. But I refused until I finally saw they had my best interest in mind and wanted their mum around. I am not sure what type of relationship you have with your mum. If she says it to be callous then forget what she says.. YOU have to think and do it for yourself. Either way I hope you get the comfort that you need. As a survivor I can tell you I found it there. It opened up all types of mental health doors for me. Still folks here care and will listen. Bright Blessings ninako I hope you will find some peace..

thank you everyone. i'm going to base my decision off 1. if i'll be able to finish school at the same level/on time and 2. if i'll be able to see a few certain people as visitors.
do you know if they'd allow my dear to visit me? my mother wouldn't approve..
he's more important to me than any medicine

ninako said:
thank you everyone. i'm going to base my decision off 1. if i'll be able to finish school at the same level/on time and 2. if i'll be able to see a few certain people as visitors.

You need to take care of yourself and learn how to manage your thoughts and feelings before you try to have a relationship with someone else. Please trust me on this.

Amthorn said:
ninako said:

You need to take care of yourself and learn how to manage your thoughts and feelings before you try to have a relationship with someone else. Please trust me on this.

I endorse what Amthorn is trying to impress on you. You must take more responsibility for your health, dear, and if this means going to hospital, then you will be treated by good doctors and nurses trained to take care of their patients. You may not necessarily stay for a long time, but you could while there continue your studies.

I did an online degree course at home and most of that was when I was in bed with an over-bed tray. Studying could never be anymore laid back than that! :)

If you can make yourself agree to a time in hospital, then your emotional health will definitely improve. Take your textbooks and pens and writing pads and see how you can progress.

*Mouse hugs*

Hey ninako i dont have any great advice, just wanted to say i hope youll be okay.

thanks again all. i've only been with guy a few months but he understands and helps with everything, not just cheering me up. we have big plans and i trust him.

ninako said:
thanks again all. i've only been with guy a few months but he understands and helps with everything, not just cheering me up. we have big plans and i trust him.

That's good to hear. :)

Mental health is more important than a guy. If he is as nice as you think he is, he will still be around when you get out.

What Punisher said is spot-on. So if your man is the one who is right for you, then he will keep.

he'd likely be unable to visit because my mom would still control me, so i'll stay at home and continue the medication on my own where i can at least message my dear daily and see him on occasion. i feel best when he's there, even just on a message.

Latest posts

Back