Polyamory

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchGirl

Reaction score
I don't practice polyamory, but I am attracted to it. How about you? What are the pro's and cons? Are there moral obligations, or will it add value to your life?

No i'm not attracted to it. It just never has been right for me.

Polyamory means having several intimate relationships at the same time.

Its not something that appeals to me, so I cannot really comment further.

Nope, doesn't appeal to me.

If I got one person who cares about me, that's all I need and I'd be a fool to want more.

I quite like the idea...I have done for a while, but maybe that's because having reached 24 with no female contact to speak of, I'm wanting to make up for the last 5-10 years as quickly as possible.

However, having said that, if I do have friendships I want them to be close, and if they're with girls, then I don't see why they can't be sexual.

I dunno whether lacking self-confidence and being shy would make it difficult being intimate with multiple partners, but I'd be willing to give it a go if ever the opportunity arose. I do wonder quite what the level of intimacy and commitment would be...would it really be like having several girlfriends each of whom you have to spend lots of time and energy with, or would it be more like having several good friends who had lives of their own as well? Probably the latter.

Unfortunately I think very few women are up for this, especially not the shy variety, so I doubt it would happen for me somehow. :(

It does have appeal in fantasy terms, a man for every day of the week i guess, but having been married twice lol.. No thanks

Polyamory basicly means you don't love anyone but yourself. You will cheat to you husband/wife or if your second part is the same miserable as you....nah, that is no for me.

1) it denies love and respect to your love mate
2) it is amoral
3) it means you will burn in Hell (for those who believe)

Doesn't sound like something I would find acceptable. You can't truly love several persons at a time, so basically it's just multiple sex relationships? Love doesn't seem to come into the equation. Nope, me not likes.

SunWeb said:
Polyamory basicly means you don't love anyone but yourself. You will cheat to you husband/wife or if your second part is the same miserable as you....nah, that is no for me.

2) it is amoral

1. Because you obviously cannot love or respect more than one person at a time. *Sarcasm*

2. Relative. Morality is derived from pleasure or pain, if everyone feels pleasure how can it be wrong?

3. No.

Silvernight said:
Doesn't sound like something I would find acceptable. You can't truly love several persons at a time, so basically it's just multiple sex relationships? Love doesn't seem to come into the equation. Nope, me not likes.

It's not for everybody (myself included) but how can you say someone cannot love more than one person? You love both your parents don't you (presumably)? You love all of your friends don't you. Why is romance exclusively unable to be felt in multiple relationships?

Well for one thing there is then a competition factor of which relationship you like more.

Also, the whole concept of one and only is lost in the process. It does add a certain effect, like being an exclusive club.

SunWeb said:

2) it is amoral

Actually you have it wrong completely. The idea of polyamory is that's it's consensual and communal. You are completely honest with the folks you have relationships with. Kind of like swingers, but habitual I guess.

Of course it is amoral, that is the point. Or did you mean immoral? Because that would need to be justified.

Athiest #001 said:
2. Relative. Morality is derived from pleasure or pain, if everyone feels pleasure how can it be wrong?

Not all morality is derived from pleasure of pain. Excessive hedonism is actually detrimental. Besides you have cases of everyone feeling pleasure but it still being wrong. If a person who enjoys killing injects a kid with narcotics so he is happy then strangles him to death so he dies happily, it's still wrong.

Put it this way, How do you like if you found out your girl is sleeping with countless man and kissing them and loving them? You would get mad right....so would the girl. If you do not want others to do that to you, then i suggest you do not to others.

SadRabbit said:
Put it this way, How do you like if you found out your girl is sleeping with countless man and kissing them and loving them? You would get mad right....so would the girl. If you do not want others to do that to you, then i suggest you do not to others.

Unless you let your significant other do that and they let you do it. That does happen.

See, I don't know about you...but its the worlds attitude like these that makes relationship now seem like a joke. Now, relationship is like a game, you play it, you don't like it, you throw it away...and what happens to the in betweens...the children, your partner, your family....who cares anywayz.... One more reason why I hate life and this earth. I am so glad we are destroying earth and killing ourselves, cause, we are indeed like viruses, we colonize, strip bare the land...and worst of all, we mutate into an even uglier being!

SadRabbit said:
See, I don't know about you...but its the worlds attitude like these that makes relationship now seem like a joke. Now, relationship is like a game, you play it, you don't like it, you throw it away...and what happens to the in betweens...the children, your partner, your family....who cares anywayz.... One more reason why I hate life and this earth. I am so glad we are destroying earth and killing ourselves, cause, we are indeed like viruses, we colonize, strip bare the land...and worst of all, we mutate into an even uglier being!

Yeah thats how I feel.

The world is like a game of Othello and we're losing. The distant become jaded, the jaded become distant. Then we wither away and die alone.

Passion gives and passion takes... never satisfied, always late
But Love is stable, love is deep... unconditional, love is meek

No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the storm...

Latest posts

Back