Prime Minister of The Friend Zone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anten said:
SophiaGrace said:
You don't see me complaining about the innumerable times I've been rejected in life. It concerns me more that its easier to get sex than it is to get a friend. Its greatly disturbing to me.

I usually just go here to vent because I have a hard time letting it out other places. Even the smallest thoughts in my head may eat at me and it might not even pertain to women or people. The more emotion i put out through my various outlets the less my emotions drive my actions.

Sex being easier to get than friendship doesn't bother me to much since sex isn't as highly valued to many people.

How do you deal with rejection and how often do you make emotional connections with the guys you are after?

I've mostly stopped trying and have become a loner.

How's that for coping? @_@

Sometimes I compliment a guys outfit in an elevator, or his hair. Sometimes they give me a WTF look, other times they smile, but i always act like it's not a big deal and walk out of the elevator quickly afterwards.

I'm sorry for being so critical of you, i know a lot of people on here are pretty sensitive to rejection. I should know that by now. :(

If you are an ugly girl, very few guys even notice you. It doesn't matter how you are inside.

Lately i've been showering more regularly and dressing nicer though. Perhaps less people will be put off. I get really depressed sometimes.

But i have been talking to someone from ALL recently and it might turn into a relationship. It waits to be seen. :)

SophiaGrace said:
I'm sorry for being so critical of you, i know a lot of people on here are pretty sensitive to rejection. I should know that by now. :(

If you are an ugly girl, very few guys even notice you. It doesn't matter how you are inside.

Lately i've been showering more regularly and dressing nicer though. Perhaps less people will be put off. I get really depressed sometimes.

But i have been talking to someone from ALL recently and it might turn into a relationship. It waits to be seen. :)
I took it a bit to heart but I just figured you didn't want me to wallow in self pity and play victim because my heart was crushed. I just don't care to often about women in general. I don't open up that easily so it hit me kinda hard and took me a while to come to realization that she didn't want a relationship with me. Pretty much every girl has rejected me so maybe in the double digits but not all get to me since it is before I establish an emotional bond.

I am pretty sure you are beautiful and it is great you are more conscience and proactive about your appearance now. The opposite sex(or same for those people) really makes you want to look your best. :)

Anten said:
Well did you go out with the guy?

My definition of the Friend Zone:
There can be many reasons a girl doesn't want to go out with the guy from not finding him physically attractive to not being ready for a relationship but either way he is stuck as being just a friend. In that moment he is now in the friend zone and he can be there forever if she doesn't like him that way but it is hard to tell, which may result in a huge waste of time.

If that was directed towards me, no, I didn't. I just wanted to be friends with him. But you know what... we stopped talking (not because he asked if I liked him as something more) but it's very possible that if we continued talking, something probably would have happened. I, however, would never call my friendships - whether they maintain or not - to be a waste of time.

I wasn't saying the friendship was a was of time just him or any guy in general continuing to persue a ramantic relationship a waste of time. A girl once told me I was like a brother to her and that I shouldn't get my hopes up. She wasn't being mean, just honest and we still talk and are good friends.

Pursuing works for some people. For others, it doesn't work. It didn't really work for me, which is why I stopped looking.

It really depends if the person that you want to be more than friends with likes you. When they don't like you that way this becomes the infamous friend zone. :D

Latest posts

Back