Prime Minister of The Friend Zone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anten

Reaction score
We all have been there one time or another so I just wanted to make a thread about it.

It just seems like I always end up there. Even though I know the pitfalls and the perils denying it. A girl once told me I was to conversational with her the first day I saw her and she just got a brotherly feeling from me.

friend-zone-rage1.gif

I find myself in the friend/sister zone more than I would like. Although it is better than being hated, it doesn't do wonders for your confidence.

I feel like I am only good at being a friend. I really like myself despite all the things that needs correcting(but who is perfect?) and I am comfortable with my hobbies.

I'm always stuck in the friend zone. I don't have whatever mysterious thing that it is that attracts women or makes them feel whatever it is that they are supposed to feel around guys.

If only i could figure out what the formula is to get them to wake up.

The Friend Zone is a great place to be! True friends are worth more than their weight in gold.

WickedCat said:
The Friend Zone is a great place to be! True friends are worth more than their weight in gold.

:D

That reminds me of the saying, "A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting right next to you saying, that hooker didn't look like a cop".

On a serious note though sometimes you feel that you and that friend will compliment each other very well. Together you two will conquer the world.

So to be in the friend zone you need to have true friends and/or good friends?
crap. I'm back out of the zone.

Anten said:
We all have been there one time or another so I just wanted to make a thread about it.

It just seems like I always end up there. Even though I know the pitfalls and the perils denying it. A girl once told me I was to conversational with her the first day I saw her and she just got a brotherly feeling from me.

friend-zone-rage1.gif

*chokes laughing*

I've been fortunate enough to never really be "friend zoned". Partly because I'm usually so shy around girls I fancy who don't like me back that I never befriend them! :p

Though rather ironically, I'm kind of in the opposite situation quite frequently. And it's equally bloody annoying... :shy:

Whenever I figure I'm just a good friend in a girl's eyes she always seems to turn out to have been really keen on me romantically. Only I always work that out far too late!

It's even worse when I happen to be secretly crazy about the girl too. Kind of makes me wonder why people so elaborately hide these feelings.

Perhaps I'm not forward enough in showing I like certain girls like that, so they fear showing that to me until nothing can come of it? It's odd nonetheless.

I think both scenarios suck pretty much equally.

I basically try to make a pass at every girl I like. I don't think I even but a girl in the friend zone.

Anten said:
I basically try to make a pass at every girl I like. I don't think I even but a girl in the friend zone.

Well, that's good at least! Shows you have confidence to make those passes, even if they don't always go to plan :)

By contrast a girl could rip my clothes off and give me a giant snog and I'd still think she just wanted to be pals with me or something :rolleyes:

I don't know what gives me that fear of letting a girl into my life, it's really weird, but I'm guessing it's that which always puts the brakes on my love life.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Well, that's good at least! Shows you have confidence to make those passes, even if they don't always go to plan :)

It never go as planned. Either i find out she has a someone, I get let down easy, or I get friend zoned. I feel bad afterwards, swear to give up and then I see another good looking girl. :club:

I've a female friend who spends hours round my house, I look after her dog for her while she works, cook for her etc. She works unsociable hours as a nurse so drops in at any time of night (I have bad insomnia at the moment anyway). We will normally end up cuddled up under a duvet watching a film. However, she has absolutely no interest in a relationship with anyone at the moment and hasn't for a couple of years (she hasn't since she split with her ex a couple of years ago). We used to go out and regularly have a drunken kiss and then pass out on the couch together before I met my now ex. Now I'm single again she is back on the scene. She is very good looking, great fun to be with and I think the world of her but I sort of know that we have become such good friends that it makes it less likely we will get together and the really odd thing is I'm ok with that! I'd say I have a crush on her at most and she takes my mind off my ex, but I do wonder why I'm not falling hopelessly in love with her, its a relief really.

So I'm happy to live with just being friends generally, although she was sat round mine last night eating my food and wearing one of my tops and generally just looking stunning, it just struck me as weird that we act like a couple on so many levels. I'm the only male her dog doesn't growl at and she will only sit on my lap when we're watching the telly together, dogs have great intuition!

In can get confusing though, I've got quite close to one of her friends but she is engaged but I have turned her head apparently and My friend thanked me for having enough principles and not taking advantage when we were all out. I do get on very well with her friend and when I said well "she's my favourite new person but I think I can restrain myself" she said 'Oh Thanks!' I asked "is that a hint of jealousy" and she said "yes of course". To which I said something like "you're my favourite person, she is my favourite new person get it?" and she smiled and said "Hmm I suppose so". Moments like that do made me wonder a bit, but I'll never pretend to understand fully what a woman is thinking!

Anyway Dunno what my point is, its all a bit of a distraction to me but just what I need right now. Part of me wants more from her, but I know what we do have is very important to me too. I get a female perspective, someone to care about and hang out with and has been the one person who has helped me take my mind of splitting with my ex (who never liked her anyway which is also sort of satisfying ha!).

So yeah my point is having a close female friend who cares about you should not be underrated, it might be short of what you really want and can definitely at times be a little confusing, but if they were not around at all and you have no female friends in your life, it would be a poorer one. If you can show to yourself that women can trust you and value your friendship you know you are heading in the right direction to meeting the right person.

I don't think I could cuddle with a friend. Hugs is as far as I go because it is non-sexual. Though it took me a while to get use to hugs, I am not a physical person.

I can honesly say that I've never experienced this. Most girls seem to like me and tbh, I don't really fall in love easily.

So I don't mind trying to be a good friend to them, someone they can count on. It's what makes life worth living :)

I guess I would appreciate female friendship if I had a girlfriend. Right now no matter how great a friendship is it feels like a failure in being a desirable man.

On a more selfish level, female friends have female friends. They can be very good at introducing you to someone and talking you up!

Anten said:
I guess I would appreciate female friendship if I had a girlfriend. Right now no matter how great a friendship is it feels like a failure in being a desirable man.

You can be like me, and have neither of that.

Cherish the bond you have with her, even if it's not on a romantic level.

Anten said:
I don't think I could cuddle with a friend. Hugs is as far as I go because it is non-sexual. Though it took me a while to get use to hugs, I am not a physical person.

Well there is your problem. Be more physical, even from the start.

Latest posts

Back