Problem with my Basketball team!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexjames2320

Reaction score
Hey guys i just wanted to share something with all of you i play in a basketball team for like 3 years... we changed a lot of coaches and things but i play very good i think i practise really hard and i know i will be a very good player in the future my problem is that my coach is not using me never at the matches we do is like he is not even seeing me at the bench :( that feels really bad and i have told to my self a lot of times that i wont go and play again what should i really do? all the other guys are like 23-26-25 and i am 18...

^^^As a general rule, if the coach isn't playing you, it's because he hasn't seen that you're a strength on the team.

Maybe you've never had a chance to show yourself off in play yet.

Maybe you think you're better than you actually are.

There could be several answers to this.

My advice is to talk to him and see if he'll let you play a but more; if he does, then take the opportunity to shine! If he doesn't.. then you'll just have to bust your ass in practice and hope that he sees that you're giving 110%.

Trust me: coaches know what they're doing. There's a reason he's not putting you on the floor.

yeah the main problem is that he doesnt wants to see the truth when i go practise with another coach that he is actually the best one in my city he always uses me to play but this coach doesnt do it cause he thinks that im very young to play and maybe he thinks that the other who get paid worth to play more than me actually is not fair i bust my ass all day on basketball is the only thing i can do good and he never uses me at all... is not the first or the second time :(

alexjames2320 said:
yeah the main problem is that he doesnt wants to see the truth when i go practise with another coach that he is actually the best one in my city he always uses me to play but this coach doesnt do it cause he thinks that im very young to play and maybe he thinks that the other who get paid worth to play more than me actually is not fair i bust my ass all day on basketball is the only thing i can do good and he never uses me at all... is not the first or the second time :(
Coaches use psychology from time to time. Badjedidude
is correct when he says the coaches know what their doing. Maybe you are playing behind a team member who is awesome? i.e. Do you think that the player who plays behind Kobe Bryant gets much playing time? Did you know that Michael Jordan was cut from his high school team due to his height and skill level I believe?

Latest posts

Back