Procrastination

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
I'd like to see what other people think and feel about procrastination.
What are some of the negative feelings you experience when you procrastinate and what are some of the positive feelings you experience when do something you've been putting off.

Thanks! :)

I feel guilty when I put honeysuckle off, and then I feel a huge sense of relief when I finally get to whatever it was I was putting off.

I make a huge mess whenever I procrastinate, usually need a few paper towels to clean up after.

I Feel tense. Mostly when I procrastinate(stupid word don't you think) I end up sleeping unintentionally and i wake up feeling empty and maybe even regretful. When I fianlly do the work the accomplishment feels great, and I feel I should'nt put off work again, but I always do. (doing it right now)

All I do is procrastinate, even on the most mundane matters and in almost every aspect of my being.
I suppose I feel guilty about it too, or at least extremely burdened by whatever I have to do. I wish I didn't do it, but I can't seem to stop. Even when I think "I need to stop delaying and do this", I still can't seem to. I have no self-motivation or self-discipline. :\

Barbaloot said:
All I do is procrastinate, even on the most mundane matters and in almost every aspect of my being.
I suppose I feel guilty about it too, or at least extremely burdened by whatever I have to do. I wish I didn't do it, but I can't seem to stop. Even when I think "I need to stop delaying and do this", I still can't seem to. I have no self-motivation or self-discipline. :\

Maybe you feel overwhelmed and so you do NOTHING?
lol, that's me - too much to do, so I do nothing. Brilliant, isn't it? :p

EveWasFramed said:
Barbaloot said:

Indeed! The sad part is, lately I don't have ANYTHING to do but the thought of doing anything overwhelms me. So I also do nothing. :p

I sort of feel like procrastination is like being in quicksand....a way to make you feel worse and worse about yourself..........example......you have to do X .........but you put it off.......and you feel bad about putting it off....you feel worthlessness and lazy....because you know you should have done X but yet you didn't......and now because you are already feeling down X seems further away and harder to do.......and so you procrastinate more........and it goes on.

I try not to wait on anything really, otherwise it will bug me. It will come to mind at times and it just seems like an impulse to get whatever it is done. I think of how I won't have to get up and do it later... and it's nice to have it done and move on with my day.

Positives: The feeling of not doing what is dreaded is simply relaxing. Living temporarily without a care is like paradise.

Negatives: The sudden blow that that dreaded thing must be done right now is sometimes too much to bear. I wallow in self-pity at my apparent lack of responsibility.

I'm a major procrastinator. I'm actually procrastinating right now on a big school project that is due tomorrow! It's kind of a mixed feeling of relaxation at not doing something I really don't want to do and annoyance that I'll eventually pay a price if I don't do this thing that I don't feel is worth my time or effort.

Getting to class on time and doing projects or writing papers is what I really struggle the most with. Sometimes I'll just choose not to do it period and take a bad grade. Sounds bad and stupid, but unfortunately as long as I pass a class I don't really care if it was with an A or a D .

The most brilliant statement posted ever!

(BTW, the same here and I thought it was just me.)

EveWasFramed said:
Barbaloot said:

Bones said:
The most brilliant statement posted ever!

(BTW, the same here and I thought it was just me.)

EveWasFramed said:
Barbaloot said:

lol, why thank you. :p

You should come around and post more often. We miss you. :)

That's it in a nutshell isn't it really?

We get tense thinking that we really, really should do stuff, then the tension makes us think it's too difficult for us to do and so we put it off for another day.

Its about rebellion and not wanting to be controlled.
Wheather you lable it structure, descipline, or responsible.
I feel its conforming me into a robot.

I rather do anything that i dont have to do anyday.
I aksi notuce Ill do things automaticlly....if no one
tells me I HAVE to....
I dont have to do honeysuckle.
So my procastination or putting things off is
just me expressing my freedom.
Thats my payoff.

Priority are determind by my desires.
I want what i want. I get plenty done when
i want something.. What i deem important
at a particukar moment.

Im old enough or experince enough...no will do
anything for me