(Project) Christmas Card SWAP

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how to make cards and the closest store is 200 miles away. So can I send an ecard instead? Hehe

Heyyy Missy I can swap store-bought card with you. That would make me feel better actually lol rather than just receiving one from you! Let's get swapping! :D

one week until the closing date people, then we'll be crafting or writing our cards to send to our swap buddies! Anyone else who would like to sign up to send and receive a christmas card from a new friend this year, post on this thread! Also, i'm on my phone right now so i cant get a username but there was a user who asked if they can send an ecard? The point of the swap really was to send something in the post so that you and your buddy could look forward to actually receiving something to physically open and display, like on your wall. I think sending an ecard would defeat the point really and cause your swap buddy to miss out? Hope you understand x

not long to go now! Has anyone else started their cards? I started making mine yesterday. Would anyone else like to sign up to the project? Xxx

last day before the cutoff tomorrow people, then i'll pair people up so last chance for anyone else to become a swapper. Otherwise, stay tuned for your swap buddy! Thanks to everyone who's already taking part xxx

Ok since missy is frowning on it, whoever wants an ecard let me know. I suck at arts and crafts and the nearest store is 200 miles away and its close for the season. So best I can di.

soresoul said:
Ok since missy is frowning on it, whoever wants an ecard let me know. I suck at arts and crafts and the nearest store is 200 miles away and its close for the season. So best I can di.

As I can only send a card because my mail actually goes a hundred miles away - perhaps if Missy hasn't paired me up with anyone already - she can pair us.

I am in the UK so don't know if anyone would receive it in time now anyway.

can i just state.. you're being rather nasty about the ecard thing, when all i did was state that my original idea was for people to actually look forward to recieving something in the post, and that if i paired you with someone who was looking forward to that, they might feel left out.
I'm sorry, i'm just trying to bring some people closer together, there's no need to be so mean, and with stuff i'm going through at the moment, i actually can't handle it from you.

I'll pair you both together, since you're the one (soresoul) being anal about it.
Pair list to come.

Well it looks like we had 10 people interested, which makes for an easy 5 couples.
I hope you're all happy with your pairs, they're completely random except for one pair and it's down to you now to find your name and contact your buddy about sending your cards to eachother.

I really hope you all enjoy your christmas card swaps, and maybe gain a nice new friend from the experience!
Maybe post some pics on the thread once you recieve your cards??

Sorry to anyone who's gotten the wrong idea about anything in this thread but for me it wasn't an attempt to make any enemies, just trying to do something nice.

Happy Holidays.

Monkeysocks - Soresoul

shesafrozenfire - niave

ladyforsaken - ajdass1

missyechelon (me) - evewasframed

lonelyinatl - switch

No im not. You didn't even read my post why I couldn't send it and you just ruled out no ecard without even listening to reason. You didn't even see both sides of the story and now your calling me names? fresia it, I want out now. Sorry to everyone but missy doesn't want me involved.

Seriously? No whining allowed in this thread. The thread was for a specific event. A card by post. If anyone wants to do a e-card thread, feel free. This thread is the very LAST place someone should be antagonizing others.
Missy had an awesome idea and has devoted personal time to it and it IS appreciated!

The only problem was that she didn't even read the reason for the ecard and rule it out completely. She didn't even look at the reason. She only said "I only seen ecard on my phone" not anything for the reason. Its on the thread two pages back. She never address the issue she simply said no ecard.

Missy - it is a great idea and I think everything has got lost in translation. Your time and thought over this thread IS Greatly appreciated

Soresoul - I understand you must feel dejected after offering to contribute in the only way you can.

So lets leave this on a happy note and do as Missy suggested:

We send each other e cards

and the other folks send to each other as listed.

Please folks : )

Ok just as a side note, to put your mind at ease hopefully, i did read your whole post but as eve and everyone else has understood, my original idea was to send cards in the post to a new friend, as the oldschool romanticized art of putting pen to paper and sending mail to eachother regardless of how exciting it is to await, seems to be dying out. I didn't boo hiss your post because i didn't care, i stated that you wanted to send a card different to what my idea involved. By all means send your ecard, you have your pair now who is wonderfully willing to accept an ecard, where the only reason i excluded your post originally was that you may have gotten paired with someone that was looking forward to getting a physical card, that wouldn't have been fair. I hope you do send your ecard, and enjoy getting one in return, as your partner is wonderful. Thank you so much to the support from the rest of you, you're beautiful people xxx

Well at least you understand now. But I still have very hurt feelings so im not going to do it now. Im sorry but im stress now. But I do take my anal comment back I was wrong for saying that.

The case wasn't ever that i didn't understand. If you're adamant you no longer wish to participate i'd be more than happy to send a card to monkeysocks, also. I don't want anyone being left out, would you prefer the ecard monkeysocks? xxx

Soresoul - stop posting in this thread unless it's in reference to the card swap. Your posts will continue to be deleted.

Latest posts

Back