Prometheus movie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_lonely

Reaction score
Fans of Prometheus!

(New horror movie by Ridley Scott)

Post your thoughts, questions, etc. about the movie.

Please warn before posting spoilers.

i liked it despite most peoples complaints about it. i just thought it was a weird way to do a prequel. it wasnt a direct prequel to the alien series but it does show you how things happened and where they came from. im also assuming that the opening scene was earth and that that engineers choice to do what he did is why there is human life on this planet. thats what i got out of it.

IgnoredOne said:
"Well, to be fair, it is not an entirely natural pregnancy."

LOL...

Indeed.

So what part of Shaw was infused into the baby squidy thing? Into "Cuddles" ?

edgecrusher said:
i liked it despite most peoples complaints about it. i just thought it was a weird way to do a prequel. it wasnt a direct prequel to the alien series but it does show you how things happened and where they came from. im also assuming that the opening scene was earth and that that engineers choice to do what he did is why there is human life on this planet. thats what i got out of it.

I liked the movie. Visually it was beautiful...

Story-wise - they squandered the opportunity to ask and answer a lot of questions. They just could have done more is all I'm saying.

We assume it is Earth. Some say it could have been some other planet. But I think the point was...Earth life came about in this fashion...

Why create us then destroy us? We're a failed experiment? If so, what were they hoping for?

You might find this interesting, I know I did:
Prometheus Unbound.

I loved the movie. I think that it isn't a straight Alien prequel as much as it is a prequel set in the Alien universe. I do think that there is going to be at least one sequel, and the story line may not bring us anywhere near the planet LV-426 and the Nostromo (from Alien and Aliens), but I do think that we are headed to the Engineers' home planet.

The movie raised more questions than it answered old ones, although it certainly alluded to some familiar things, in particular the Space Jockey we saw on the first Alien movie.

Also check out this site, lots of fun stuff! Weyland Industries

Peter Weyland's Ted Talk

Was Prometheus a good film then? I heard it was really quite bad for some reason. The people I heard it from might just not like Sci-Fi films much lol.

Latest posts

Back