Psychiatry Exposed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
I am going to try to create something to explain why psychiatry is a total fraud and what people can do for some of these problems.
Learn more so you can protect yourself and your loved ones.

A good starting video.

If you have experienced things like this. Speak out!

Antidepressants exposed

Serotonin and Depression: Antidepressant Discussion Part 1 to 3

Worldwide Organization: The Citizens Commission on Human Rights
Here you can find volumes of information towards better understanding modern psychiatry and its history.

oh, This is a very interesting thing. It is something that interests me. I am just lessening to the videos.

There has been a thing on the news over here a few weeks ago that have started that most antidepressants are fake and its just in peoples heads. There was a test done on 20 ppl. 10 was given alcohol and 10 where given pop but was tolled it was alcohol. And the ppl that had the alcohol drink where tolled it was non alcohol. And ye you guessed it the ppl that thought there where drinking alcohol got drunk and the ppl that was drinking the alcohol but thought it was pop stayed sober. ie This Principal works on the same bases as antidepressants do.

The thing is I have a friend that is a psychiatrist. One of the things she dose is helps ppl to stop smoking. She gets paid well for this put she can only help someone to stop if they wont to stop. If they wont to then she can make it possible for them to stop in just one setting with her. She claims to have a 100% success rate. I believe her as well. I use to smoke and I still believe its a highly addictive thing to do. She disagrees with me and says its not addictive its in your head and is nothing moor then a habit. Its all in your heard. Its how you approach the problem of stopping and to do that you fist have to find the reason your doing it.

So I do think that the pharmaceutical companies make drugs that do nothing moor then make us think its helping. You might as well perscrib tic tacks to someone. But if we thank its helping and are not feeling depressed are suicidal then is that such a bad thing?

The human mind is a very complex thing indeed and we only use 10% of our brain power. The other 90% lays dormant. So I do not think that psychiatry is a total fake. I think it can help someone when there ready to be helped.

It is a fact that most ppl know that if your feeling mentally down then you well feel physically tried as well. The brain and the body are one, Not separate to you, Think about that. If you are given positivity by the ppl around you then you feel better about your self and are moor inclined to go work out and feel moor energised just in general about stuff. I think in to days world that there is to much enforces on the physical body and how it looks and how fit it is. Fist you most get the motivation to be able to work out. A healthy mind is a healthy body. Mind and soul go hand in hand.

Also the last link you gave dose not take you strait there.

Was it that link you intended us to watch mate?

I know that being on Citalophram did absolutely nothing for me. (anti-depressant)

Risperdone seemed to help some though, not anymore (anti-physcotic)

Supposedly most of them take 3-4 months to kick in. Most suicidal people do not have 3-4 months!

A total fraud? All psychiatrists are different and some simply suck while some patients can't be helped simply because they got this crazy idea that psychiatry doesn't work! Three hours of what You call a total fraud got me back from a five year long depression and gave me the courage to look for a girlfriend which i found three months after that chat. I don't know how psychiatrists work in other countries, but the one's i talked to here in Sweden were the best bunch of people i'll ever meet.

Psychiatry is extremely relative, so saying it's a total fraud just because You Yourself didn't get better from it, or someone You know, is irrelevant. Don't listen to this guy or anyone else who says that psychiatry doesn't work! It's hard to understand how talking about Your problems can solve anything sometimes, but i'm personally a very good example of how well GOOD psychiatry works.

Every single person who have been sad for over two weeks ought to seek psychiatric help since they'll head for depression not long after that otherwise. Alot of things can happen which can make people allright again all by themselves, but depression is too great a problem to risk getting into and should be stopped by all means necessary.

There are just as many people who preach for most things as against most things and anyone could as well fish up as many good reasons (and videos) why psychiatry WORKS as You've done with the contrary. People's minds and their interaction with the help they get is, as said, totally relative.

Simply stating that all psychiatry is a total fraud is as stupid as stating all psychiatry works. You watch too much Youtube, Skorian.

^^^ absolutely agreed, Robin. And like you said the field of psychology is so wide and vast that most people need to move around in it a little bit to find something that works, and someone they find they can trust and identify with. No its not for everyone, but that doesn't mean it should be dismissed. As for myself, I was extremely resistant to getting therapy up unitl I met my amazing friend. She is a yoga teacher but also does more traditional talk therapy as well, and those both in combination did wonders for me. I don't know, I just hope that everyone can find something that works for them, and sometimes that means keeping an open mind.

Skorian said:
Over the next few weeks I am going to try to create something to explain why psychiatry is a total fraud and what people can do for some of these problems. Simular in nature to the whole Iraq scam thing.

A good starting video.

If you have experienced things like this. Speak out.

Serotonin and Depression: Antidepressant Discussion Part 1 to 3 http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...sion:+Antidepressant+Discussion"&search_type=

Hmmm it even makes a potiential psychologist ponder.

I am someone who believes that drugs are maybe not the right way to go because yes they cause side effects and you may end up with having another condition that will then need to be treated and so on.
Where to go then would be the next question... if drugs aren't the answer how do we help with the mentally unstable people we certainly cannot just put them to the side.

I like that you've brought this up I take pleasure in watching these kind of things... by the way has anyone seen the movie on Quantum physics??? Now that is awesome ( maybe not the movie but the idea in its self ) if you question reality just know this reality is what you make it! If you don't what it to exist then it will not...

I have been writing a very long air tight article for some time on this topic trying to focus on this very issue. Hopefully one day I will finish it. Until then here are some links I think might help some people understand why I say what I do. Psychiatry is not a science. Its tenants are based on faith and beliefs, not facts or evidence. I highly recommend that before anyone says anything they review at least a few of the resources I have provided.

http://www.cchr.org/index/7352/

Long, very accurate, concise, and worthwhile read. Hits the nail right on the head. http://www.blehert.com/essays/pseudo.htm

http://www.adhd-report.com/biopsychiatry/bio_4.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-17-2004/0002461564&EDATE=

http://psychrights.org/Stories/CrazyUntilProvenSane.pdf

http://psychrights.org/horrors.htm#SSRI

http://psychrights.org/index.htm

http://www.ssristories.com/index.html

http://www.provokemag.org/medicatedsociety/zyprex.html

http://www.drug-education.info/

http://www.camhindia.org/first_person_stories.html

http://www.pnc.com.au/~cafmr/newsl/prozac.html

http://www.uhuh.com/education/drugskill.htm

http://www.prleap.com/pr/10342/

http://www.peter-lehmann-publishing.com/withdraw/prefaces.htm

http://drugs.healthdiaries.com/

Robin said:
A total fraud? All psychiatrists are different and some simply suck while some patients can't be helped simply because they got this crazy idea that psychiatry doesn't work! Three hours of what You call a total fraud got me back from a five year long depression and gave me the courage to look for a girlfriend which i found three months after that chat. I don't know how psychiatrists work in other countries, but the one's i talked to here in Sweden were the best bunch of people i'll ever meet.

Psychiatry is extremely relative, so saying it's a total fraud just because You Yourself didn't get better from it, or someone You know, is irrelevant. Don't listen to this guy or anyone else who says that psychiatry doesn't work! It's hard to understand how talking about Your problems can solve anything sometimes, but i'm personally a very good example of how well GOOD psychiatry works.

Every single person who have been sad for over two weeks ought to seek psychiatric help since they'll head for depression not long after that otherwise. Alot of things can happen which can make people allright again all by themselves, but depression is too great a problem to risk getting into and should be stopped by all means necessary.

There are just as many people who preach for most things as against most things and anyone could as well fish up as many good reasons (and videos) why psychiatry WORKS as You've done with the contrary. People's minds and their interaction with the help they get is, as said, totally relative.

Simply stating that all psychiatry is a total fraud is as stupid as stating all psychiatry works. You watch too much Youtube, Skorian.

All of your argument has less to do with psychiatry then it does just having someone to talk to. I am not saying they don't have some uses. They don't however, have any special abilities or powers acquired through education like many people are lead to believe. Beyond just believing someone can fix you and then going to them and believing you’re fixed. I have a magic wand. If you believe in it, then it can do amazing things.... If you don't believe, then it's just a funny looking twig. Such is the power of belief. It's complicated. I have personal experience in what I say and have spent a good deal of time trying to understand what went wrong as a result of my own bad experiences.

NakitaKita said:
Skorian said:
Over the next few weeks I am going to try to create something to explain why psychiatry is a total fraud and what people can do for some of these problems. Simular in nature to the whole Iraq scam thing.

A good starting video.

If you have experienced things like this. Speak out.

Serotonin and Depression: Antidepressant Discussion Part 1 to 3 http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...sion:+Antidepressant+Discussion"&search_type=

Hmmm it even makes a potiential psychologist ponder.

I am someone who believes that drugs are maybe not the right way to go because yes they cause side effects and you may end up with having another condition that will then need to be treated and so on.
Where to go then would be the next question... if drugs aren't the answer how do we help with the mentally unstable people we certainly cannot just put them to the side.

I like that you've brought this up I take pleasure in watching these kind of things... by the way has anyone seen the movie on Quantum physics??? Now that is awesome ( maybe not the movie but the idea in its self ) if you question reality just know this reality is what you make it! If you don't what it to exist then it will not...

The real answers in my opinion lie in actually using all our modern technology to actually diagnose real physical problems. We are doing a very poor job in this in my opinion. A great deal of mental problems are a result of physical abnormalities thoughout the entire body. Depression alone has dozens of known causes, of which lack of seratonin is just one possible cause. Also allergies, pollution, some of the strange junk we are producing in labs and putting in our food these days. All play a role in mental problems.

Skorian said:
The real answers in my opinion lie in actually using all our modern technology to actually diagnose real physical problems. We are doing a very poor job in this in my opinion. A great deal of mental problems are a result of physical abnormalities thoughout the entire body. Depression alone has dozens of known causes, of which lack of seratonin is just one possible cause. Also allergies, pollution, some of the strange junk we are producing in labs and putting in our food these days. All play a role in mental problems.

Agreed with this. There is lots of things that contribute towards depression and other mental illnesses.

But boy Skorian, you still like to post a marathon of reading material don't you.

I have not as of yet clicked on any of the new links you just put up but have read a few of the new posts in there since my last post.

Unlike a friend a Psychiatrist would had gone to uni to learn how the human mind works. I think the right kinder friend can do as much for you if not moor for you. But all to often a friend well not have any practical advice to give. A sympathetic ear is OK but sometimes we need moor then that. A Psychiatrist would had learned teckneaks to be moor helpful in giving practical advice.

I don't think Psychiatry is all a crock of honeysuckle and fake. Its just how the mind works. Calling Psychiatry fake is like saying your brain is fake.

A good Psychiatrist can help a person with many different problems. Sometimes in one seating. Like a doctor there not Marcile workers and every case is different.

True we still have much to learn in how the mind works and I personally don't think enough resources go into the health system on mental health problems. If your mentally healthy then its easy to stay physically healthy as you well be looking after yourself moor.

I mean I myself have been cut to bits in hospitals. I have scars all over my body and I am no longer able to work a full time job do to my health and the things I have had to have done. But yet at no point in my life has anyone offered to give me Psychiatry help. Is it not exceptable to think that if a person has all this done to them that they well get incredibly down? I have some physical problems but its the mental stuff that the physical problems give me that is the most hardest for me.

But like you I don't think a Psychiatrist would actually be able to make anything better anyway. That dose not mean for a lot of ppl out there it would not. Some ppl just have to figure there own honeysuckle out on there own. A Psychiatrist could not give me what I wont. Plus am far to opinionated to just believe what someone tells me. I think Psychiatry works better with ppl that have not yet made up there mind on certain stuff. OK I just say that last bit again, ppl that are weaker minded. I was trying to be tactful but fresia it, I just say it how it is lol

Bluey said:
Unlike a friend a Psychiatrist would had gone to uni to learn how the human mind works. I think the right kinder friend can do as much for you if not moor for you. But all to often a friend well not have any practical advice to give. A sympathetic ear is OK but sometimes we need moor then that. A Psychiatrist would had learned teckneaks to be moor helpful in giving practical advice.

I don't think Psychiatry is all a crock of honeysuckle and fake. Its just how the mind works. Calling Psychiatry fake is like saying your brain is fake.

A good Psychiatrist can help a person with many different problems. Sometimes in one seating. Like a doctor there not Marcile workers and every case is different.

True we still have much to learn in how the mind works and I personally don't think enough resources go into the health system on mental health problems. If your mentally healthy then its easy to stay physically healthy as you well be looking after yourself moor.

The problem is that everyone’s mind works differently. There are perhaps similarities between people, but the differences are significant enough to render the idea of understanding the way the mind works impossible. It is about the same thing as trying to define the shape of water. Water will move to conform to any mold applied to it, when in fact it has no true shape. If you then decide that you will only recognize water that fits to predefined molds and declare that that is it's shape. Well, it's really a belief, not a fact. This is what psychiatry does.

Peoples identities are so different that you could train someone to believe they are an animal. The larger the differences in experiences the wider the gulf between peoples identities and the way their mind works. This is part of why people from different backgrounds seek out others like themselves. Because it can be hard to even communicate with those who are significantly different from yourself. 100 people can all say the exact same thing and mean something different. Like with all people most psychologists only really understand themselves and their own experiences. To try to deal with this fact many pigeon hole everything. One example would be if you say you have a hard time sleeping at night. Well that can automatically make them think you’re bipolar. Basically they try to alter you to fit them. Rather then trying to really listen and understand your problems. The reason why this happens is the same reason we have bias, beliefs, and prejudice in the world. It is the same reason why if you were to walk by 100 African Americans and witness 5 committing crimes. If you are prejudice you will only see the 5 and from that decide that all African Americans are criminals. Or if an African American speaks to 100 Caucasians and 5 mistreat them. They then tend to assume all Caucasians are out to get them. The problem is that we are all predisposed to see what we want to see. Because we can only see things from our own minds and we tend to believe something and then work to verify it. This tends to block out evidence that goes against our beliefs. Basically people have a hard time understanding their own ignorance. How can one know what they don't know they don't know? This is the same problem that leads to the idea that we can in the strictest sense understand anyone, but ourselves. Giving us the false notion that we can actually understand the mind. If you chose to believe the mind can be understood, then you fail to acknowledge why this simply isn't possible. It's the same reason a magic wand can really work on some people. There is great danger in not challenging one's own beliefs.

In my experience there are two basic styles of psychiatry. One they sit, take notes, and barely say a word. The other hardly listens at all and tries to tell you how to think and feel. I think many people feel understood by the listeners and that is their charm. Probably they do less damage then the other type. Some people will fall for the loud mouth because they doubt their own mind and feelings. Thinking this person knows more then they really do. These types can give tons of bad advice and really cause harm to others. They can make people think they are much more messed up then they really are. The huge problem with all of this is there are no physical tests at all that prove or disprove anything. Leaving everything open to interpretation. This basically opens a door so wide open for error you could pass a whole star through it.

It's basically the same as looking at fingerprints and deciding you can judge peoples identities based upon the ridges on their fingers. Or that who we are is defined by the position of the stars. Bear in mind that some people really believe this. Not even understanding that it isn't that the stars define who we are, but that we define ourselves by them and become what we think we are supposed to be. If you never read your profile then you would never be what it defines you as, but because you do. If you believe it, you become it. And this really gets into just how dangerous and damaging psychology really is. A sick society could convince many of its members that those with a certain color of hair were bad and less deserving of basic rights. You could create all sorts of supposedly rational proof that proved this was the case. However, the whole thing would be a belief, not a fact. The problem with psychology is they have preached their tenants as science and fact, rather then opinion/belief. And being the weak-minded souls that many of us are, we have believed them. You can create a self-sustaining logic that you can judge people based upon fingerprints. You could convince people that it is fact. In many, maybe most cases people would then define themselves by that logic and make it true. It's a frightening thing really, realizing how vulnerable we all are to ignorance.

How can anyone possibly know who you are when we as beings are so complex and can actually change? We can't. Our minds simply are not able to conceive of themselves. Psychologists are just people like everyone else. They really don't know more or less then anyone else. Though they try, there is no way to get a certification in life. All they can really offer is their own personal opinion, just like everyone else. Trying to define how the mind works is like trying to define how a choice works. How can one define something that has near infinite variations? Quite simply you can't.

Everything has a purpose and when it has fulfilled the purpose,it becomes useful.

Your statements about psychiatry is valid.
But the fact that psychiatry do helps people overcome their problem and it does help.

Think of psychiatry as a medicine.
Medicines cannot apply to all people.Allergies and genetic factors need to be considered.But does this mean that medicines are not useful?
What is the use of medicines?Are they not used for the purpose of the treatment of illness?

Same thing here.Psychiatry may not work for everyone but this does not mean that psychiatry is bad.

well...the brain fools itself into thinking that something that's not there.
There's blinde spots at the conner of both of our eyes from the nervse vessels
that connect the eye balls to the brain. The brain create images to fill in
the blinde spots in order for the body to function or not lose balance.
So seeing is beliving ...lol In a sense...sort of like water conforming to everything.

The consicouse mind tries to resolve problems...that's it's function.
Couple with the creative mind...It can be fun....lmao

Couple with the fact that our body create natural indorpins to stimulate the brain.
Some brains are more hard wired than others...lol (brain cells)
If a person is a dramma queen...the brain will create sernarios or conditions for
the body to generate or release chemicles...Emotional junkies or dramma queens.
In other words...controling everyone and everything around one's life to fit the conditions
to trigger the indorphins...then wonder why other people run away..if the activities has negative
consiquences.
Some activities are healty. Some are not. But ya like it...becuase your brain likes it...lol

Therefore habits are developed over a period of time
Such as in a sky diver will continue to push the envelope to get a natural high....more, more.,,more.lol

Not everyone is a sky diver...but we all have a brain.
Some people like it to go skydiving in their living room..lol
Dramma, anger, self pity, resentments, ...or happiness, laughters, peace.

Pop'in pills...are just an external source for chemicle...but with side effects.

Talking to a shrink , group, therapy or someone that's willing to listen helps
It's just simple playback...or evautation...if you talk to shrink long enough
you begin to hear yourself talk...becuase the shirnk dosn't really know what
going on in your mind or exactly how you process your thoughts...

Once a person begins to hear him or herself talk...the person's mind will
start to sort out thier problems or resolve thier problems.
Journaling has the same effects...but fresia, most people are too **** lazy to do that or
it's too corny. And the freaken brain knows this...and will resist.
That's why shrinks get pay the bucks. Most people will only seek help when the honeysuckle hits the fan...lmao
People look for quit fixes and mostly likly will want the shrink to fix their problems for them becuase people
don't like to deal with consequnce or pick up thier own mess.

Getting mentally stable is half of the battle...the other half is DOING something about it.

Play back is the same technique singers or vocalist use to improve their singing.
Once you hear yourself on play back...you'll make necessary corrections.
It's also the same technique some musicians use..like guitar palyers to improve thier playing..lol

err...sometimes i like it to write love songs.
and sometimes I like it to write evil songs....chioces I guess ( on a personal level)

If we are products of our enviorment ?
well...change our living envorment...our homes, surroundings ,associates...etc
Err...it might also help to change our mental environment...such being posistive or having pisitive thoughts
instead of thinking negative crap or the time....duh
We all can do this on a personal level...we have the power and that chioce.

SilentThinker said:
Everything has a purpose and when it has fulfilled the purpose,it becomes useful.

This is such a broad statement there really isn't anything anyone can really say about it. I would be careful about saying the word everything however. Just as always or never.

Your statements about psychiatry is valid.
But the fact that psychiatry do helps people overcome their problem and it does help.

Thank you for recognizing that what I am saying is a real issue.

There is a great deal of evidence that they do a huge amount of damage. Because they are claiming to be an authority in something that quite simply no one can be in. At least not anymore then anyone else. Look at some of my links.

Just recognize that an apple pie helps people overcome their problems as well :p .

Think of psychiatry as a medicine.
Medicines cannot apply to all people.Allergies and genetic factors need to be considered.But does this mean that medicines are not useful?
What is the use of medicines?Are they not used for the purpose of the treatment of illness?

I am not even focusing on medicine in what I am saying. That is a seperate issue in and of itself. Though a few things I say here do apply a little. I would also say that your talking so in general that it's hard to really comment.

Same thing here.Psychiatry may not work for everyone but this does not mean that psychiatry is bad.

As stated above, see my links. The problem is the tiny amount of good they might do isn't really greater then what the right friend can do. And really the right friend can do far more. The other problem is the tiny amount of good they do is advertised and the damage they do is hidden. As stated above see my links. In amoung several of them are long lists of peoples personally written horror stories as a result of being harmed by this supposidly good field.

Lonesome Crow said:
well...the brain fools itself into thinking that something that's not there.
There's blinde spots at the conner of both of our eyes from the nervse vessels
that connect the eye balls to the brain. The brain create images to fill in
the blinde spots in order for the body to function or not lose balance.
So seeing is beliving ...lol In a sense...sort of like water conforming to everything.

The consicouse mind tries to resolve problems...that's it's function.
Couple with the creative mind...It can be fun....lmao

Couple with the fact that our body create natural indorpins to stimulate the brain.
Some brains are more hard wired than others...lol (brain cells)
If a person is a dramma queen...the brain will create sernarios or conditions for
the body to generate or release chemicles...Emotional junkies or dramma queens.
In other words...controling everyone and everything around one's life to fit the conditions
to trigger the indorphins...then wonder why other people run away..if the activities has negative
consiquences.
Some activities are healty. Some are not. But ya like it...becuase your brain likes it...lol

Therefore habits are developed over a period of time
Such as in a sky diver will continue to push the envelope to get a natural high....more, more.,,more.lol

Not everyone is a sky diver...but we all have a brain.
Some people like it to go skydiving in their living room..lol
Dramma, anger, self pity, resentments, ...or happiness, laughters, peace.

Pop'in pills...are just an external source for chemicle...but with side effects.

Talking to a shrink , group, therapy or someone that's willing to listen helps
It's just simple playback...or evautation...if you talk to shrink long enough
you begin to hear yourself talk...becuase the shirnk dosn't really know what
going on in your mind or exactly how you process your thoughts...

Once a person begins to hear him or herself talk...the person's mind will
start to sort out thier problems or resolve thier problems.
Journaling has the same effects...but fresia, most people are too **** lazy to do that or
it's too corny. And the freaken brain knows this...and will resist.
That's why shrinks get pay the bucks. Most people will only seek help when the honeysuckle hits the fan...lmao
People look for quit fixes and mostly likly will want the shrink to fix their problems for them becuase people
don't like to deal with consequnce or pick up thier own mess.

Getting mentally stable is half of the battle...the other half is DOING something about it.

Play back is the same technique singers or vocalist use to improve their singing.
Once you hear yourself on play back...you'll make necessary corrections.
It's also the same technique some musicians use..like guitar palyers to improve thier playing..lol

err...sometimes i like it to write love songs.
and sometimes I like it to write evil songs....chioces I guess ( on a personal level)

If we are products of our enviorment ?
well...change our living envorment...our homes, surroundings ,associates...etc
Err...it might also help to change our mental environment...such being posistive or having pisitive thoughts
instead of thinking negative crap or the time....duh
We all can do this on a personal level...we have the power and that chioce.

I don't mean this as an insult in any way, but honestly, I have a hard time really understanding what your saying. I mean, I understand some, but it's just difficault. I always hated english courses and it probably shows, but I do recognize that one has to make a serious attempt towards communication to even get points across. At it's best, communication is difficault, at it's worst near impossible.

Skorian said:
All of your argument has less to do with psychiatry then it does just having someone to talk to. I am not saying they don't have some uses. They don't however, have any special abilities or powers acquired through education like many people are lead to believe. Beyond just believing someone can fix you and then going to them and believing you’re fixed. I have a magic wand. If you believe in it, then it can do amazing things.... If you don't believe, then it's just a funny looking twig. Such is the power of belief. It's complicated. I have personal experience in what I say and have spent a good deal of time trying to understand what went wrong as a result of my own bad experiences.

Hey Skorian. Long time ago since i wrote in this thread last, lol.

Anyways, i didn't think neither psychiatry nor talking to anyone would help at all. I was "forced" to go to one when i broke down at school, quite a few years ago. Since i didn't have anything to live for, i didn't care. I had as little faith in getting any better from talking to old women asking me questions for three hours as i had for santa claus coming to save me. It's not complicated at all.

I agree with You that the way to becoming a good psychiatrist isn't through education, but that doesn't mean that everyone who does psychiatry for a living are untrustworthy, "quacks". I've studied psychiatry myself and i didn't learn anything new about how to practically help people than what i already had figured out myself by doing so, rather than useless history.

You seem to work hard for something that doesn't really do anyone any good. Do You honestly believe anyone here is as interested in this as You are? People here want help, redemption, in one way or the other. Nobody likes negativity when they're already sad. It doesn't matter how "airtight" You say it is, or how many sources for it that You submit. Most people (all people in my meaning) could feel alot better about life by talking to someone who knows how to help them, and seeing a psychiatrist is one way of doing so, although their education doesn't guarantee a **** thing.

The best psychiatrists are the people who've helped the most, like Deniese, since they know the most about what works and what doesn't. Just like all those quack-doctors in the US especially, people who never even would have thought of helping others but ended up "helping" anyway since there's too much money involved in it, lots of psychiatrists simply chose their profession due to one or several of many different other reasons than feeling the need to make a positive difference to people's lives. It's a shame how anyone who simply studies for it can take other people's life in their hands just because they want to earn alot money for a little effort.

Another shame is that there are people who think that forums like these can't do any difference to people's lives. I think that in conjunction with threads like these makes the dark even darker for most. But what do i know. I'm just a high-school drop-out.. ;)

Robin said:
Skorian said:

Hey Skorian. Long time ago since i wrote in this thread last, lol.

Anyways, i didn't think neither psychiatry nor talking to anyone would help at all. I was "forced" to go to one when i broke down at school, quite a few years ago. Since i didn't have anything to live for, i didn't care. I had as little faith in getting any better from talking to old women asking me questions for three hours as i had for santa claus coming to save me. It's not complicated at all.

I agree with You that the way to becoming a good psychiatrist isn't through education, but that doesn't mean that everyone who does psychiatry for a living are untrustworthy, "quacks".

The problem isn't that they are so much quacks as their beliefs are inherently flawed. I don't even really know what to say about what your saying really.

I've studied psychiatry myself and i didn't learn anything new about how to practically help people than what i already had figured out myself by doing so, rather than useless history.

You seem to work hard for something that doesn't really do anyone any good. Do You honestly believe anyone here is as interested in this as You are? People here want help, redemption, in one way or the other. Nobody likes negativity when they're already sad.

The article isn't in regards to this site. It's just one of many possible good places to put it. As far as negativity is concerned. I do not believe in such a concept. I used to, but the problem isn't that the glass is half full, or half empty. The truth is the glass is half full "AND" half empty. This fundamental mistake is one of many huge faults in this field’s philosophy. This is not geared towards negativity. It is geared towards making a point. The fact that you even view it in terms of positive or negative is actually concerning to me. My point in this is saving people from the mistakes I personally made. It's point is to be informative. If only I knew 10 years ago, what I know now.

It doesn't matter how "airtight" You say it is, or how many sources for it that You submit. Most people (all people in my meaning) could feel alot better about life by talking to someone who knows how to help them, and seeing a psychiatrist is one way of doing so, although their education doesn't guarantee a **** thing.

And what then is this site? My argument actually supports the existence of sites just like this. It argues that friendships and even total strangers have as much or more insight into problems then psychiatrists. Who often don't really even know how to help themselves.

The best psychiatrists are the people who've helped the most, like Deniese, since they know the most about what works and what doesn't.

Well I would just say that total strangers from any field can do just as much or more. It really depends on who your talking about.

Just like all those quack-doctors in the US especially, people who never even would have thought of helping others but ended up "helping" anyway since there's too much money involved in it,

I would argue that only being in it for the money is often a huge conflict of interest and in many cases such people won't care if they do harm or not. Being a doctor does not mean by default that you help anything and if they are only in it for the money in some cases they do far more harm then good. Did leaching and blood letting helping anyone?

lots of psychiatrists simply chose their profession due to one or several of many different other reasons than feeling the need to make a positive difference to people's lives. It's a shame how anyone who simply studies for it can take other people's life in their hands just because they want to earn alot money for a little effort.

Another shame is that there are people who think that forums like these can't do any difference to people's lives. I think that in conjunction with threads like these makes the dark even darker for most. But what do i know. I'm just a high-school drop-out.. ;)

The problem is your only looking at what I say from one side.

You droped out of highschool? :( I am sorry to hear that.

About the part about medicines,I wanted to highlight the fact that medicines do have limitations.It is the same for psychiatry.

We need to also highlight the fact that some of the social problems we are facing does have some kind of negative thinking.
Statements like:
How could I have friends?I failed once and I would fail again.
I just cannot have friends.I just cannot.

And psychiatry helps in these areas.

I do agree that having a good friend is better.But the fact that there are people struggling to have a friend,so much more having a good friend.Psychiatry do tackles the fear and the doubt of having a good friend.

About the part they have little good and the great harm hidden in it.We cannot overwrite the good part of psychiatry.You need people who are good at this area because they understand your problem and know how to address it.

About the part of the horror stories,I think it would be a bad idea to even to write stories like this.It creates fear of the unseen but you still should not put the blame on the field of psychiatry.I would say that it is more of ignorance of not considering the bad factors of writing horror stories than psychiatry itself.

SilentThinker said:
About the part about medicines,I wanted to highlight the fact that medicines do have limitations.It is the same for psychiatry.

Like I said, I really haven't even addressed this here personally. Some of the links I posted do get into this.

We need to also highlight the fact that some of the social problems we are facing does have some kind of negative thinking.
Statements like:
How could I have friends?I failed once and I would fail again.
I just cannot have friends.I just cannot.

Sometimes these are just statements and are infact true. There are many reasons to say this. Sometimes people say negative things and don't really believe what they say, but it is rather a reflection of how they are feeling at that moment.

Many of the social problems we face are the direct result of our culture, beliefs, and just simply results of how we do things.

And psychiatry helps in these areas.

I do agree that having a good friend is better.But the fact that there are people struggling to have a friend,so much more having a good friend.Psychiatry do tackles the fear and the doubt of having a good friend.

About the part they have little good and the great harm hidden in it.We cannot overwrite the good part of psychiatry.You need people who are good at this area because they understand your problem and know how to address it.

About the part of the horror stories,I think it would be a bad idea to even to write stories like this.It creates fear of the unseen but you still should not put the blame on the field of psychiatry.I would say that it is more of ignorance of not considering the bad factors of writing horror stories than psychiatry itself.

So you would then censor people from writing about their personal bad experiences? These stories I talk about are "true" stories, not works of fiction. And there are so many that it boggles the mind.

I tot you are talking about ghost stories.Bad experiences are things that we need to face,Like it or not,we all face them and we need to get out of them.Writing down bad experience makes u feel better.How about u try it next time?

I do believe that there are people who tried but failed in the relationship between friends.Of course there are people who take it as reflection but there are some who just takes it as part of their life.

I do have a friend who takes thing as normal and having no friends is just part of life.No matter what I said,he still believes he is stuck in the same situation forever.

When someone comes to a psychiatry on his own accord,he came maybe because that he trusts the psychiatrist and the treatment would be effective.

Latest posts

Back