Question about love or feelings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedokes

Reaction score
So.. yeah as we know communication is the key to every friendship and relationship and keeping it going. I guess I'm digging deeper on this because this stuff interests me and I'm asking for someone else. Feelings take time to happen, and feelings take time to fade and it takes much longer I would have to assume.

Let's say someone I know has some questions and I would like to have an answer for them ..with some help from others.

Is it true feelings for someone if the feelings are almost not there anymore after 2 weeks of not communicating? Cause we all know communication is the key. But wouldn't you think if it was the real deal...it wouldn't go away so soon? Makes me think it isn't real cause feelings shouldn't fade that quick imo.

simple answer. nope. 2 weeks is nothing.
I had a fight with a friend once and we didnt talk for almost 5 years beyond exchanging emails on xmas and birthdays.
this was not a romantic relationship but a good friendship, and I will tell you, it never went away even after all that time.
2 weeks is just enough time to realise how much you really miss them. if feelings fade in the period of time then it wasn't even close to real imo.

Real feelings don't fade away so quickly. Distance and time duration don't matter, if you really feel for someone. So, yes, it was nothing in real.

If you truly love somebody the feelings never completely go away. You may both move on w life, but you'll always wish or wonder, and you'll always hope
they are happy. True love will allow you to let the other person find happiness even if it's not w you.

If you forget about somebody in 2 weeks you either have a very poor memory, or they didn't impact you that much.

She didn't forget about him, she just stopped having strong feelings I guess. I think maybe she might have been making things up in her head the whole time on what she thought was real or not. I have to agree... those feelings probably weren't entirely real but it's hard to tell your friend that.. lol. I was thinking maybe lust.

I've never lusted anybody so I can't say one way or the other. That said it would seem to me any relationship that's forgotten about in 2 weeks wasn't genuine.

I agree.. it's not about communication. You can have little communication with someone but can't stop thinking about them even after more than 2 weeks. It's all about how much that person means to you. How important that person is to you.

Agreed.. I can't begin to imagine someone actually forgetting about someone else after such a short period of time.. so I thought it was weird.

If the feelings truly went away that quickly, I'd say that she confused lustful attraction for real emotion. Feelings which are based on real emotion do not generally fade that fast; in most cases, I'd say that true affection for someone never goes away completely.

In my experience, "out of sight, out of mind" applies more to feelings or attractions which aren't that deeply connected.

Latest posts

Back