Question - arrogant and obnoxious people usually end up getting what they want

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans

Reaction score
Hey,

You know, I been noticing that people who are arrogant and obnoxious usually end up getting what they desire and want.

Think about your friends or family or someone you know who is the kind of person who do whatever it takes to have what they want and do get it. Even if it means risking people talking behind their backs, forming opinions about them, etc.

As compared to someone who cares a lot about what others think of them, don't like themselves very much, think they are worthless, not good enough, but are kind and giving.

Do you think it's because these people who get what they want like themselves so much? Coz they actually believe they deserve it and can have it.

There's always those motivational things, chants like "I'm a winner, I deserve to be happy and to have the best things in life". The people are probably the sort who internalized those ideas from some source at a very young age. They figure they can have anything they want, failure is impossible, and if failure does occur, they aren't too nice to play dirty.

I've been regularly considered as 'arrogant' ever since I've become more confident and successful, but when it comes down to it, it is a very deep-seated belief in one's own worth. The idea that I am important and have something of value to contribute, and that getting what I want, one way or another, is ultimately justified if I can justify it to myself and a few others(who I've already come to expect approval from).

I've often visualized it as a kind of a mental fortress, from where I can muster emotional strength from to sally forth and attempt to conquer my goals. Without a good base, I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything.

Tino Tstuchie, I would say that it has less to do with viewing failure as impossible as much as viewing failure as something that isn't our fault. No one ever is completely successful, but for myself, trying my hardest is all that matters and every failure is a success in secret with lessons to be learned for the next time.

I read about a study they did a few days ago. It said that guys who consider themselves more "nice" (they tend to be more cooperative and more caring) earn a lower salary than guys who consider themselves to be "not nice".

Here is link to psychology today

So yes, nice guys finish last.

You are dead right Beans,but it's the way of the world,givers and takers,users and losers etc. It's not so much a choice in life,more of a vocation.Ever seen that old film "Harvey" with James Stuart where he says "There are smart people in life,and then there are nice people in life.I chose to be nice" I'm with him.

In Bussiness it can get ver nasty. It depends on the industry.
It also depends on clients and suppliers relations
Competition is american as apple pie....
Theres winners and loosers..but ultimately if we dont all work together at some level
itll all fall apart, The incentive or pay off in bussiness is moolaaaa
True currency can be use as a leverage..but at what cuase?
I been known to tell clients "NO"..Go across the fucken street then.

Not everyone thinks or believe as such, Not all corporations operate in such ideaology.
Theres GO Far...management and theres Stewareship management.
Maintain morals of your work force effects safty, quailty, and out put.

A article from whom ever is just that aurthors opinions...He gather data or informations
to support his ideas or beliefs

You can get whatever you want...but you must also be willing to give as much

Personal relations aint fucken work. Relationships shoulnt be work.

If you believe relationships takes work...???
Maybe you might wanna change that beliefs?

Its the samething as saying if you believe your gonna get whatever you want
If you work hard or have to step on whomever to get what you want...

Mabe try believing you can have anything easily without have to fresia any one over or work so **** hard at it?

Latest posts

Back