Question for men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sci-Fi said:
@ A Desolate Soul - see my post before my last, post #16. Poueff asked the same thing.

hmm i suppose it depends on the setting. you talk as if you had experience with a situation like that. is that true?

Thankfully no, but I've seen it and had female friends in high school who made comments like that. Made me very paranoid to "check out" a girl. I try to do it very discreetly now when I do. :D I've seen some guys making it very obvious that they are checking out a girl, and even elbow their buddies pointing at her. I know to some women when an "older" guy checks them out they might get creeped out or think "EW" (lol) but I think more women should take it as a compliment. Unless the guy starts making sexual references to you or tries to touch you, then you can yell "EW PERVERT!!" ;) A friend of mine did that to a guy who ran a pool hall, he was being kind of a jerk so when we left she makes a comment about him looking at her boobs out loud. In her defence he was, but man did it ever embarrass and humiliate him in front of all his customers.

I'm a man, and I don't understand other men.
People in general are a mystery to me.

Maybe he's trying to make his girl jealous (not something I would do)
Maybe he's an arrogant ******* and trying to make you jealous (not something I would do)
Maybe what you're seeing is just a quirky coincidence.

Color me clueless.

I think it has something to do with insecurities. Single men could be intimidated by you. As a man, I don't want to stare at a girl if I'm by myself because then I think I'll come off as a crazy stalker or something. Showing interest is another hard thing for me to do because I'll immediately think something like "I'm messing up, shes uninterested in me now" I personally need to develop more confidence in myself. My opinion is when a man is with their girlfriend and sees you they feel more secure knowing they already have a girlfriend, they'll try to show interest by making eye contact and expect you to show that you're more interesting than the girl he's with. Or it could be an ego thing, where he's trying to prove that he can get any girl he wants whenever he wants. As a single man, I have difficulty striking up a conversation with women because either I'm afraid they won't like me, or that they already have a boyfriend. Rejection is probably my biggest fear right now, but I have a lot of growing up to do. Maybe if you try to approach them and some how show interest in them, they will feel more comfortable and gradually open up to you more and you could go from there. Just know that some people aren't confident enough to just approach you on their own.

Sci-Fi said:
Thankfully no, but I've seen it and had female friends in high school who made comments like that. Made me very paranoid to "check out" a girl. I try to do it very discreetly now when I do. :D I've seen some guys making it very obvious that they are checking out a girl, and even elbow their buddies pointing at her. I know to some women when an "older" guy checks them out they might get creeped out or think "EW" (lol) but I think more women should take it as a compliment. Unless the guy starts making sexual references to you or tries to touch you, then you can yell "EW PERVERT!!" ;) A friend of mine did that to a guy who ran a pool hall, he was being kind of a jerk so when we left she makes a comment about him looking at her boobs out loud. In her defence he was, but man did it ever embarrass and humiliate him in front of all his customers.

So...? Do you prefer to stay alone for life for never looking at a skirt or having an unprobable "EW" every here and there (which,like I said,is not that usual)? Btw,who cares about high school? I'm in middle school ffs

Latest posts

Back