Question for you all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Privet or not to gusts?

• Make profiles privet. (only members well be able to view)

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Allow gusts to view our profiles.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
B

Bluey

I like the idea of gusts being able to view as much of the Bord as possible. I there for like the idea that they can view our profiles. I think it makes us appear moor of an open and honest community.

I am aware though there is a lot of members that do not wish for gusts to be able to view our profiles. So am in two minds whither are not to allow this are not.

As for any troll. Well I think it would be foolhardy to think that any troll would not have an account set up to view what ever they wonted anyway. So its not going to stop someone like that from viewing profiles are anything else.

It is not possible to have it so members can choice if there own profile is privet are not.

This poll is privet.

If there are many members who wish their profiles are only seen by other members, then I think you should definitely deny profile access to the visitor usergroup.

But I really don't see the point either. Whoever wants to view the profiles, will. It's just the difference in the number of steps. Other implications are neglectible, as we could have seen from the recent events.

I agree with the profiles being made public, there are some people who are might want to find out certain information about certain people they want to approach. But lets restrict them with only the ability to PM only. Hopefully trolls don't abuse the system. Hate trolls.

I know I personally viewed several profiles before I decided to join.
I wanted to know if they were any more old farts here like me I could talk to.:p

Maybe you could add a box when you register.

Check this box if you are a troll.:p

:club:

This is my way of thinking as well. just as wah said, its just an extra step for anyone to see them anyway. OK Ive changed it back to public, Lets hope it stays like that :rolleyes: And I agree GHOST, I too like to see what sort of ppl are in a forum be for I become a member. Sparsely one like this.

Hijacc said:
Shouldnt we just make it an option we can pick from :/

If bjarne accepts my offer and we switch to vBulletin, you'll be able to.

If we switch, then I'll be blocked at work and I hardly ever get on at night because I have a teenaged daughter that ties up the PC.:(
But I guess it's what ever is best for the forum, I'll be fine on my own.

Hijacc said:

I did say in my first post that is not possible. Sorry dude. I would had done that strait away if it was possible. It would had been the obverse thing to do.

wah said:
Hijacc said:

Just to reassure you I have sent a PM of to him as I said I would. God knows when or if he well read it.

I say leave it as is. If you don't want anyone else knowing any info about you, then don't put anything you dont want others to know on your profile. Member or not, either you don't want others knowing about you, or you don't care. Fill out your profile accordingly.

wah said:
Hijacc said:

What are the reasons that a switch should be made? I haven't heard anything about this. And there are a lot of folks who wont be able to access the forum, due to their work places blocking such sites. Is a switch really necessary??

EveWasFramed said:
What are the reasons that a switch should be made? I haven't heard anything about this. And there are a lot of folks who wont be able to access the forum, due to their work places blocking such sites. Is a switch really necessary??

This is just something that the member "wah" is offering for this site. It dose not mean that it well happen or that even one day it well need to happen. I would not support anything that would make it so a member would not be able to get on when they normally do. And to be honest I doubt bjarne would. All though I do thank wah for the concern and the offer of help.

Bluey said:
EveWasFramed said:

This is just something that the member "wah" is offering for this site. It dose not mean that it well happen or that even one day it well need to happen. I would not support anything that would make it so a member would not be able to get on when they normally do. And to be honest I doubt bjarne would. All though I do thank wah for the concern and the offer of help.

That's good to know, Bluey. :)
ANd yes, it was very kind of Wah to offer. :D

hummm, i think we all did a great job fighting him, I think its time, we just let him be...over time, he will get bored and leave us, or who knows join us for the better?

SadRabbit said:
hummm, i think we all did a great job fighting him, I think its time, we just let him be...over time, he will get bored and leave us, or who knows join us for the better?

hah, well this thread was never about any troll/spammer. It was just about whether or not to make profiles private or not. There well always be some one like the troll that you speak of on any Internet forum. I just used that particular instance as an example of the sort of ppl you may wont it to be privet for. But as I say anyone who wants to look at your profile well anyway. It just would take slightly longer for them to do that.

vBulletin is just an engine like any other and work places blocking forums has nothing to do with vBulletin.

But you aren't switching, so don't worry.

Latest posts

Back