Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Could have been said about ANYONE.  Kids have nothing to do with what was said.  That was my point.

True. But the initial question was about ladies with kids. It's gotta relate in there somewhere.

VanillaCreme said:
kamya said:
Finances are only one of the many lifestyle limitations that are usually packaged with having a kid or being in a relationship with someone that has a kid.

Not necessarily. Finances entirely depend on the individual. Having kids doesn't exactly mean every penny is drained. So those limitations are variables.

Here is the difference though.

Scenario #1: (Lots of Monies) - (Kid Expenses) = (Less Monies)
Scenario #2: (Lots of Monies) - (0) = (Lots of Monies)

Scenario #1 may have money left over but Scenario #2 is still better off pretty much every time. This can also be applied to free time.

I've seen nothing but civil discourse.

Not sure if conjuring "blew up" will invoke a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Oh honeysuckle, equations.

kamya said:
VanillaCreme said:
kamya said:
Finances are only one of the many lifestyle limitations that are usually packaged with having a kid or being in a relationship with someone that has a kid.

Not necessarily. Finances entirely depend on the individual. Having kids doesn't exactly mean every penny is drained. So those limitations are variables.

Scenario #1 may have money left over but Scenario #2 is still better off pretty much every time. This can also be applied to free time.

So you're saying people without kids don't go out and waste their money?  Sorry, but I call bullshit.

bleed_the_freak said:
I've seen nothing but civil discourse.

Not sure if conjuring "blew up" will invoke a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I agree, just because people are disagreeing doesn't equate to "blowing up"

I'm saying they are free to waste their money if they want to. Freedom. You give up a lot of that when you are responsible for a child. I'm saying they aren't tied down. They can use the money however they want. Again... this all also applies to time.

kamya said:
VanillaCreme said:
kamya said:

If you have enough money to take care of your business and whatnot, children don't always drain finances. Children and finances don't always depend on each other. Yes, you need money to raise kids. But if you know how to handle finances well, you're better off, with or without kids. I don't see why some folks immediately jump into "They have kids, they must not have much money." My mom had two kids and had money to buy expensive furniture and such. She wasn't a single parent, but bills need to be paid regardless if there's one parent or two parents. It's all about how well you handle your money.

Having kids doesn't always mean someone's broke. I have no children and I don't have money. I literally have a dollar and some change in my bank account, and don't have chick nor child. So not having kids doesn't mean finances won't be drained anyway. I understand it could be a point to help answer the initial question, but like my original point was - If that's all that offered from one party, there's no real room to say anything. Don't offer it if that's not the only thing to offer. A woman - children or not - could like a guy regardless of him having money or not. I know it happens. I seent it.

Yes a woman could like a guy regardless. Men could like women regardless. This is about men that don't. This is still just one issue of many potential downsides. There are less risky options out there. That doesn't mean every person that is childless is less risky either (Let me say this now because I know that would be the next thing "argued" against).

You keep bringing up anecdotes to argue against things that were never said. Stances that were never taken. And still none of what you said makes the post you quoted wrong. What are you trying to do?

Ok that took off. Thanks for the honest replies, although as a single Mother it is unpleasant being judged so harshly by some. Thank you Bleed for your experiences of dating Single Mothers. Xpendable what can I say to that?

Interesting to hear why, although I wonder if you felt the same if you was in same position? You believed you was happily married and your wife up and leaves you with your children, which can be a lonely life, you wish to share something with another person, but are dismissed because of the some of the reasons above.

Serenia said:
Ok that took off.  Thanks for the honest replies, although as a single Mother it is unpleasant being judged so harshly by some.  Thank you Bleed for your experiences of dating Single Mothers.  Xpendable what can I say to that?  

Interesting to hear why, although I wonder if you felt the same if you was in same position?  You believed you was happily married and your wife up and leaves you with your children, which can be a lonely life, you wish to share something with another person, but are dismissed because of the some of the reasons above.

It would suck but I'd understand it. 

I know I constantly get dismissed by others for their own special picky reasons. It sucks knowing that you are being judged unfairly and not being given a fair chance. The only difference is as a guy I get to hear "you aren't entitled!" constantly if I whine about it. Everyone deals with it from someone. 

I'd probably try to go for women in a similar situation as me and not be upset if childless women didn't want to settle down with me. Ask me again if I end up in that situation. =P

I'm sure that some single mothers have nothing to worry about anyway, because they're (usually) lovely and buy you bacon themed T-shirts and chocolate pizzas.

I don't do serious discussion any longer...

Cavey said:
I'm sure that some single mothers have nothing to worry about anyway, because they're (usually) lovely and buy you bacon themed T-shirts and chocolate pizzas.

I would NOT buy a guy chocolate pizzas  ::club:

But I might MAKE him chocolate pizzas.  :p

TheRealCallie said:
Cavey said:

I would NOT buy a guy chocolate pizzas  ::club:

Ah, but some single mothers do.

TheRealCallie said:
But I might MAKE him chocolate pizzas.  :p

Well, I'm not fussy about the origin of the pizza :)

Mmmm... pizza... chocolate... bacon... I'm hungry.

Cavey said:

Awww such a nice thing to say....although I never did get a slice of pizza 😂😂.

Serenia said:
Cavey said:

Here you go, us ladies have to stick together. Shall we go into the bathroom, so we don't have to share with the kids (and Cavey)? 

Chocolate-Pizza_17289.jpg

TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:
Cavey said:

Here you go, us ladies have to stick together. Shall we go into the bathroom, so we don't have to share with the kids (and Cavey)? 

Chocolate-Pizza_17289.jpg

Omg yuuuuuuummmmm....quick lock the door before the kids and Cavey see 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back