Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooops I guess I didn't answer dramaqueen's question. :p Thanks, minty.

Personally, I tend to prefer brunettes or dark-haired women of a petite/small-to-mid-sized build. *shrug* However, I'd still consider blondes and larger women. I also usually seek a suitable combination between looks AND personality, instead of seeking one over the other.

Badjedidude said:
Personally, I tend to prefer brunettes or dark-haired women of a petite/small-to-mid-sized build. *shrug* However, I'd still consider blondes and larger women. I also usually seek a suitable combination between looks AND personality, instead of seeking one over the other.
Exactly how I feel, I don't want a female for just one or the other. I want both, so I am willing to sacrifice some looks for a little more personality... :p or some personality for a little more looks. Balance is key with me. I have to like her personality enough to feel close with her. And I have to like her body enough to get it up :p. If I can get it up but can't feel close or I feel real close but can't get it up... the relationship will fail.

Luckily the girls I have had in my life have been exactly my type, both physically and personality... wise... well one just entered my life, but she seems to have a good personality, and is VERY attractive. I luck out with the internet.

Why do guys ask the female's dad for her hand in marriage? Maybe it's because I'm not much of a marriage person, but I really don't get that. Ask her. Not him. You're marrying her, not him. o.o

VanillaCreme said:
Why do guys ask the female's dad for her hand in marriage? Maybe it's because I'm not much of a marriage person, but I really don't get that. Ask her. Not him. You're marrying her, not him. o.o

Sometimes it's a religious thing, sometimes just "old fashioned" tradition. Either way it comes from treating the daughter as property owned by the father. Lovely, isn't it?

VanillaCreme said:
Well, I knew that, but why still do it?

Because despite its origins, it's still a fairly culturally relevant thing to do. *shrug* Anyway, I wouldn't mind if a young man came to talk to me before marrying my daughter when (or if) I eventually have one. It's a thing about respect now, I think. It's showing that the girl's family still plays an important role in things. *shrug*

Thanks guys for the answers I'm enlightened
the majority of guys I knew/know are jerks wouldn't even talk to me cuz I wasn't a blond hottie girl and when I'm with a hottie friend they just "ignore" my presence :/ the other category of guys talk to me just if they want something lol That's why I think what the hell is going on with me? But I think I'm just surrounded with the wrong people.. anyway

Badjedidude said:
VanillaCreme said:

Because despite its origins, it's still a fairly culturally relevant thing to do. *shrug* Anyway, I wouldn't mind if a young man came to talk to me before marrying my daughter when (or if) I eventually have one. It's a thing about respect now, I think. It's showing that the girl's family still plays an important role in things. *shrug*

I second that.
Plus the guy should know that the girl is not alone so it's kinda "beware she is protected don't mess up with her if you are not SERIOUS" and the parents payed a major part in the girl's life rising her etc the least she can do is to seek the "blessing" of her parents. She's like a precious diamond that the guy should take care of. The parents will feel relieved knowing that their girl is in good hands.

VanillaCreme said:
I am right there with you, I don't get it. If you really love someone it should not matter what others think. However, like most everyone else has said it is a tradition thing. The father is the number 1 man in the daughters life till he gives her away.

Personally I have never been protective of my sisters. I am lucky if I even meet their boyfriends. However it is their life not mine. It is their choice not mine. If they like a guy then so be it. I think over protective parents and siblings are retarded and need This think about their own lives.

Badjedidude said:
VanillaCreme said:

Well, even though I've noticed that my brother gets defensive if a guy seems interested in me, or talks to me in a flirty way, it's not his business. Or my dad's. I didn't tell my brother who to marry. And even though I don't like his wife at all, he decided to be with her. I wouldn't much appreciate if my dad or brother or any other male, or female for that matter, family member told me that my guy needed their "permission" if he wanted to marry me. That doesn't mean they aren't important to me. I think the only person I'd ask an opinion from would be my mom. Even then, she couldn't tell me what I ought to do.

it's just by love it's their way to protect you from being hurt. Of course in the end it's your choice but it's better when your family approve your decision...

VanillaCreme said:
Well, even though I've noticed that my brother gets defensive if a guy seems interested in me, or talks to me in a flirty way, it's not his business. Or my dad's. I didn't tell my brother who to marry. And even though I don't like his wife at all, he decided to be with her. I wouldn't much appreciate if my dad or brother or any other male, or female for that matter, family member told me that my guy needed their "permission" if he wanted to marry me. That doesn't mean they aren't important to me. I think the only person I'd ask an opinion from would be my mom. Even then, she couldn't tell me what I ought to do.
I have two sisters, and never really cared about who they date. I never understood why guys get so defensive.

BitterPill said:
Why won't my ex-boyfriend talk to me about trying to give his stuff back?

There's no way to answer this without more information. :p It could be ANY reason.

If you described the situation a bit, that might help us in understanding why he won't talk to you.

Does an unattractive girl have any hope? Are there oddballs out there who can fall for an ugly duckling (who grows up to be an ugly duck)?

futurecatlady said:
Does an unattractive girl have any hope? Are there oddballs out there who can fall for an ugly duckling (who grows up to be an ugly duck)?

i actually tend to find women with unique looks more attractive rather than the typical "hot" girls. i think that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

edgecrusher said:
futurecatlady said:

i actually tend to find women with unique looks more attractive rather than the typical "hot" girls. i think that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

For some reason, I find that hard to believe. But I know it's true.

VanillaCreme said:
edgecrusher said:
futurecatlady said:

For some reason, I find that hard to believe. But I know it's true.

well from what ive seen most guys wont admit that. a lot of times the women that i find attractive other guys wont say anything about. if i were to say something to them they might think im weird or just say something like "shes ok."

yeah, I have a friend like that too. his taste is what some might call unconventional, but power to it. everyone can exude attraction to at least someone in the world.

Latest posts

Back