Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theraab said:
When my Jackie was first diagnosed, and we were leaving the parking lot from the first consult with her oncologist, she asked me, "will you still love me when I lose all my hair?" - I said, "Will you still love me when I lose all mine?" (I'm starting to bald) - that made her feel better.

When she was in the hospital on one trip, and her surgeon had recommended she go home on hospice (but she didn't hear the doctor say it, so I had to be the one who told her), I tried to hold her hand and tell her that I loved her, and she pulled her hand away and started to cry.

You win some and you lose some; all I know is there is no one formula that always works for every situation.

theraab :( *hugs*

I questioned the same thing too when I was losing my hair. I guess it's one of those things you can't really help your SO with.. but just kinda be there for them. On this end though, it feels kinda sad knowing you can't be all the best you want to be for your SO and sometimes you'd feel like it's selfish of you to even be with someone.

I was listening to a guy on radio the other day an he was speaking about 'illogical guilt'. The guilt someone with such a serious illness carries because they feel they are causing sadness in others. Illogical indeed but you can understand why it's there.

WildernessWildChild said:
EveWasFramed said:
Dammit, you people be serious. :club:

But...but...I was serious Eve...

Everything I know came out of this fascinating read....
photomay21075152.jpg

I think this is cute. You could write in what you know about your woman and give it to her as a gift after you fill it up.

murmi97 said:
WildernessWildChild said:
EveWasFramed said:
Dammit, you people be serious. :club:

But...but...I was serious Eve...

Everything I know came out of this fascinating read....
photomay21075152.jpg

I think this is cute. You could write in what you know about your woman and give it to her as a gift after you fill it up.

And then she could hand it back with all the corrections of things you got wrong. ;)

I have a question. How do you guys let a girl know you are interested in her if its via the internet? I read about a few marraiges through this site. I mean, how does that evolve when you can't see a person or hear their voice? How do you show a possible interest in someone?

I e-stalk them by sending them at least 2,626 PMs per day, as well as following them around on the forum and posting in all their threads - repeatedly. :D I also get their address, email address and phone numbers so I can stalk them via snail-mail, email and text messaging.
Too bad Im not much for Facebook. That would be a great place to stalk someone. :cool:

lol :p

Naleena said:
I have a question. How do you guys let a girl know you are interested in her if its via the internet? I read about a few marraiges through this site. I mean, how does that evolve when you can't see a person or hear their voice? How do you show a possible interest in someone?

Hmm. I wouldn't advise just keeping it to just online text.. and plus you wouldn't know if the person's for real. It's why people tend to go on voice or video chats to get to know each other.. and that's probably where the feelings develop? And eventually you arrange for a meet-up.. then you'll see how it goes in physical. But take your time to get to know that person.

EveWasFramed said:
I e-stalk them by sending them at least 2,626 PMs per day, as well as following them around on the forum and posting in all their threads - repeatedly. :D I also get their address, email address and phone numbers so I can stalk them via snail-mail, email and text messaging.
Too bad Im not much for Facebook. That would be a great place to stalk someone. :cool:

I that why I get all those PMs from you? And the snail mail is great, but why did you send my all those pictures of dolls with their eyes cut out?

theraab said:
EveWasFramed said:

I that why I get all those PMs from you? And the snail mail is great, but why did you send my all those pictures of dolls with their eyes cut out?

So that's where my pictures went! d*mnit Eve. Stay outta my pictures.

Sorry Nal, Eve told me they were hers. Oh well. The real question is whose toenail clippings she's been sending me.

theraab said:
Sorry Nal, Eve told me they were hers. Oh well. The real question is whose toenail clippings she's been sending me.

Hey now! LOL, Nal is the one who posts vids of herself and says they're me. :p
As for the clippings...well...see....there's this stray dog that comes around....

Naleena said:

From my experience it depends on the kind of guy.

Desperate Bobby & Selective Timmy

Bobby has little to no relationship experience.
He will think a girl who talks to him past the usual chit-chat COULD be interested in him. Bobby secretly obsesses with said girl. He replies to all her messages, and takes care to look smart/cool/edgy/interesting through his written communication. Bobby never says he likes her, he hopes she will figure it out due to all the effort he puts in being a nice guy to talk to.

Result: Bobby is ALWAYS interested in a girl. He doesn't usually show it unless confronted.

Timmy has relationship experience and is currently single.
He knows love is not like in the movies. He knows that sometimes talking through the web is not enough, and never compares to actually meeting and talking with somebody. He knows that witty girl who seems so interesting might be shy, or tactless, or you-name-it. Timmy might engage in conversations three or four times and use that data to make a decision: Try to take it beyond chats or show he's not interested.

Result: Timmy is SOMETIMES interested in a girl. He always shows it in both cases.

While taking a walk around a park, a stranger approaches you, and then asks if they could join you...would you say yes?

Latest posts

Back