Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterLonely said:
Richard_39 said:
I have a kind of a game question for the ladies :D

I watched a movie I had never watched before, with Woody Harrelson and Bob Redford, Indecent Proposal. I thought it was a good movie.

So my question; you're happily married and a rich, not altogether unattractive but much older gentlemen offers you a million dollars for one night spent with him; DO YOU DO IT? and why?

Discuss :)

This is a movie over 20 years old, 1 million is closer to 10 million today, so if we can adjust the amount for inflation and call it 10 million I'd happily spend a night with him, It's worth the investment into a doughnut ring cushion I'd say.

Of course I'm a guy and should not be answering this question also because it's totally irrelevant as no one would pay that much for a night with a man ;)

HA!
Speak for yourself.
I like to look into a mirror and picture hundreds of women willing to pay ME 10 million to spend the night with them!

...then I wake up ;-)
But hey...ain't no laws against dreaming, right? lol

ofc ladies, youd have to consider that youd have to do whatever he wants, even things you really dont like.

Dont like it up the track 2 ? well you can guess where hes gonna wanna put it for a mill haha

zibafu said:
ofc ladies, youd have to consider that youd have to do whatever he wants, even things you really dont like.

Dont like it up the track 2 ? well you can guess where hes gonna wanna put it for a mill haha

LOL

I'm probably not worth 50 bucks
If I'm happily married, money is worth less
If a lady tried to pay for my guy, I wouldn't want him to do it... so, maybe no.

If I wasn't emotionally involved with anyone it's an easy yes. I really dislike being touched by people that I don't have any emotional ties with, but it's only a night and there's no pretending I enjoy it in the contract... so whatever.
It doesn't work like that though, right?! Because I really doubt anyone, doesn't matter how rich, will ever find a woman that they think are worth that much money -- it's probably about some power trip over the husband, so they have to be married or involved somehow.

kamya said:
Wintermute said:
DarkSelene said:
I'm probably not worth 50 bucks

Yeah, you're probably worth a lot more...

Only probably? =P

One of my character flaws is that I tend to pepper my responses with qualifiers because I dislike making false statements. Since I didn't have an algorithm for reducing people to a monetary figure handy I had to resort to the probably...
(although I now realize that it lends the response possible negative undertones... that was unintentional)

It makes me wonder if women really do find most men unattractive, or because of their position of gate keeper in the dating world they know they can afford to be extremely picky.  I think it might be a little bit of both?

I mean, sometimes men are ridiculous in what they like.  For example Maisie Williams (odd face, extremely short) and Amy Schumer (avg face and overweight) are considered hot by many men, when in my opinion they are below average.  Not ugly, but below average

And it seems women are the exact opposite extreme, overly picky when it comes to looks for no real justifiable reason.

I mean I don't see many overweight men walking around like they are hot stuff, but I see it from women all the time.  Not saying if you are overweight you can't like how you look, but the idea women seem to think their weight doesn't hurt their looks as much as men is telling.  They know men have much lower standards.

All in all these statistics are disturbing, and I hope and pray to find someone who doesn't fall into any of these categories.

michael2 said:
I mean, sometimes men are ridiculous in what they like.  For example Maisie Williams (odd face, extremely short) and Amy Schumer (avg face and overweight) are considered hot by many men, when in my opinion they are below average.  Not ugly, but below average

I've never heard any guy call either of those two attractive and I personally think the latter of the two is very ugly on the inside.

Maisie is at least cute, come on! She's all tiny and adorable... I guess Sophie would be the hot one from those two. Amy Schumer is such a shitty person, she's incredibly ugly just from that, but I don't find her overweight at all -- she has a weird fat distribution, but have you seen her in a bikini? I'd never consider that to be fat.

I've read in a comment one guy saying he would eat candy out of Amy Schumer's .... Yeah.  Sorry for that mental image.

Anyway I think it's important to realize that while these statistics are disturbing for men, you have to remember these studies don't speak for the entire female population.  It's like saying all men want 20 year old women regardless of their own age or they are only interested in sex.  Sure there's allot of men like that,  maybe even a majority in a certain age group, but there's also allot not like that.  Each gender is full of bad apples who make their sex look bad in one way or the other.

michael2 said:
I've read in a comment one guy saying he would eat candy out of Amy Schumer's .... Yeah.  Sorry for that mental image.

Anyway I think it's important to realize that while these statistics are disturbing for men, you have to remember these studies don't speak for the entire female population.  It's like saying all men want 20 year old women regardless of their own age or they are only interested in sex.  Sure there's allot of men like that,  maybe even a majority in a certain age group, but there's also allot not like that.  Each gender is full of bad apples who make their sex look bad in one way or the other.

The few bad apples analogy doesn't work when they are the majority though =P

michael2 said:

Posted that same study about 2 year ago. People criticized it suggesting that while men were a lot kinder in the assessment of women's appearances, they still only sent messages to the top third. What that doesn't acknowledge is that women also only messaged the top third -  just that the top third of men had to include men "below average men", since  women rated the majority of men this way.  If they were only messaging '4s' or '5s' that would be an impractically small number of guys. Yes I think the majority of us are probably viewed as ugly to some degree. That said I still wish I could look average (the real average).

DarkSelene said:
Maisie is at least cute, come on! She's all tiny and adorable... I guess Sophie would be the hot one from those two. Amy Schumer is such a shitty person, she's incredibly ugly just from that, but I don't find her overweight at all -- she has a weird fat distribution, but have you seen her in a bikini? I'd never consider that to be fat.

See the thing is it's unlikely a woman would call Danny devito tiny and adorable.  Or she might, but she would never date him. And a man with Amy Schumer weight would be said to have an undesirable dad bod, while Schumer is considered thick or BBW aka desirable.

I think feminism went overboard.  You have women in bikini contests now with muffin tops, and men are trained to accept this as beautiful and a "catch".  What would happen if a man showed up at a body contest with a  dad bod?  He'd get laughed out.

kamya said:
The few bad apples analogy doesn't work when they are the majority though =p

I think the simple non politically correct truth is both genders have a crappy side to them.  Allot of negative stereotypes about both sides are true... Not for everyone of course, but true for many.  Its a fact that sucks.  It bother me because I know it makes my chances of finding someone that much more minute.  

ardour said:
Posted that same study about 2 year ago. People criticized it suggesting that while men were a lot kinder in the assessment of women's appearances, they still only sent messages to the top third. What that doesn't acknowledge is that women also only messaged the top third -  just that the top third of men had to include men "below average men", since  women rated the majority of men this way.  If they were only messaging '4s' or '5s' that would be an impractically small number of guys. Yes I think the majority of us are probably viewed as ugly to some degree. That said I still wish I could look average (the real average).

Oh it mentions women messaging men they deemed below average looking.

Looking at reality,

I don't really message many of my matches in online dating apps, mostly because I get overwhelmed chatting with so many people at once. But I don't do a lot of swiping either. Once I start talking to someone, I tend to focus my attention on them.

wallflower79 said:
I don't really message many of my matches in online dating apps, mostly because I get overwhelmed chatting with so many people at once. But I don't do a lot of swiping either. Once I start talking to someone, I tend to focus my attention on them.

This ^

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that women receive more messages than men on dating sites. It is overwhelming. I would get like 20 messages and 17 would just say "Hey" and then 2 would say something disgusting, and then I would have 1 conversation starter. Replying to all of the "heys" was tiring.

Latest posts

Back