Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dont mind gamers, I like to trash talk on the mic sometimes šŸ˜‚ but if the game comes before real life responsibilities thenā€¦ no thanks šŸ˜‡

Question (hopefully not asked already) for the women - what is your opinion of guys that play a lot of video games? Like if you went out on a date, even a speed date, with them and they told you they played such games a lot, would that be a turn off, and if so why?
I wouldn't be turned off by it unless the guy was using it to escape life.
I think everyone has their thing. I personally like to pace around my bedroom with my headphones on, and would do it for hours if it was an option all the time.
The definition of "a lot" has been different with anyone I dated. One person would think an hour is a lot of gaming. And then there's been a couple of men who would do it for days on end without sleep. Compared to some of the addictions I've found in people, I am pretty okay with gaming at this point in my life. There was definitely a time when I would a jealousy towards it, but that relationship was just bad.
My boyfriend games when he can't think of anything else to do. And a little more than that. But he also has a pretty full life, with me and outside of the house. I also don't pay much mind to it, as I like having my peaceful time as well.

I game to kill time. I got about 40 games, some of them not even started lol. When I do end up doing it, usually lasts 30 mins to an hour before I get bored. Usually when I have to do something mildly complicated in game. It's easier to watch a movie, or exercise or do the laundry or dishes šŸ˜‰
There was a period of time I did ot way too much. That lasted a few months before I od'ed on the futility of it.

Okay ladies, how does a man answer a question like ā€œhow do you like my new hairstyle?ā€ (or new outfit etc) when the hairstyle looks totally ridiculous or doesnā€™t suit them at all? I did a dodgey today when I just said ā€œooo, you remind me of someone but I canā€™t recall whoā€. Was that nasty of me?

How did you meet your last date or the current partner you are with (if you'd like to answer)?
My my fella at bible studiesā€¦..

Okay ladies, how does a man answer a question like ā€œhow do you like my new hairstyle?ā€ (or new outfit etc) when the hairstyle looks totally ridiculous or doesnā€™t suit them at all? I did a dodgey today when I just said ā€œooo, you remind me of someone but I canā€™t recall whoā€. Was that nasty of me?
I expect brutal honesty lol most women want sweet lies soā€¦ just lie I guess. I have rules of things I cant do with my hair anymore šŸ˜‚ the OG members know I used to have green hair and blue hair and orange hair now im a blonde or black (lets be real blondeā€¦.) for life as my Robster haaaateesss me with anything else.

Like Ceno said, most women want lies. Tell the truth and you WILL be in the dog house.

However, I'm in the minority of women who would actually want the truth. If I ask, I'm honestly wondering, not fishing for compliments. Like it? Hate it? I may or may not agree with you, but I'm not going to get mad about it.

How did you meet your last date or the current partner you are with (if you'd like to answer)?
At the university's outs. He wasn't from my uni though, a friend of a friend. We had a forum(and ICQs)) and mades some events, sport/musical/etc, so sometimes people took their friends their, sometimes that friends stayed for a long.

Why only the women? ) I really wonder how do people actually meet each other.
My "ex-crash" was also from that forum-group, later that forum died, but the group was still keeping existing till our early 30s. Most people, I keep in touch with, are somehow connected to that forum/group.

I don't ask or ask which one was better, a new one or an old one. Then I'd like to hear the truth. I guess most women(and men someimtes as well ask such the things) want a lie.

I think they ask assuming that "if he likes/loves me, he'd should like whatever I wear or how I have my hair." It's just another test. I don't like tests.
Sometimes they just want a compliment, sometimesā€¦ give a dog a boneā€¦ men often like praise so I praise my fellaā€¦ tell him how strong he isā€¦ how safe I feel blah de blah

I think they ask assuming that "if he likes/loves me, he'd should like whatever I wear or how I have my hair." It's just another test. I don't like tests.

I like tests , cause then I tweet Elon Musk to send her on Mars 2030 mission. :D

Some things I find baffling and maybe itā€™s not common, but if a man does so much around the house would you point out something he doesnā€™t do?

Iā€™ve always been the one to do the majority of chores in any relationship Iā€™m in. But with my wife, I can cook 3 meals in the day, do all the dishes, wash all the clothes, go buy groceries, and do the majority of the childcare.

However if I sat down at any point for like 5 mins she may be like ā€œWhat are you doing?ā€ If she really wanted something done.

Like yesterday I pretty much did everything from 7am to 10pm (all chores childcare etc) and she reminded me of how I forgot to adjust the baby gate. Like ā€œwhy do I have to keep reminding you?ā€

Is it common to not notice how much your partner does? At any point would you cut him some slack? And is it wrong to feel like I should have a bit of appreciation? I donā€™t need thank yous I more or less need her to jump in when Iā€™m too tired.

I understand I need to get the baby gate adjusted but she could have done one of the other chores so I could have worked on it tooā€¦ donā€™t mean to rant just feeling frustrated today

Some things I find baffling and maybe itā€™s not common, but if a man does so much around the house would you point out something he doesnā€™t do?

Iā€™ve always been the one to do the majority of chores in any relationship Iā€™m in. But with my wife, I can cook 3 meals in the day, do all the dishes, wash all the clothes, go buy groceries, and do the majority of the childcare.

However if I sat down at any point for like 5 mins she may be like ā€œWhat are you doing?ā€ If she really wanted something done.

Like yesterday I pretty much did everything from 7am to 10pm (all chores childcare etc) and she reminded me of how I forgot to adjust the baby gate. Like ā€œwhy do I have to keep reminding you?ā€

Is it common to not notice how much your partner does? At any point would you cut him some slack? And is it wrong to feel like I should have a bit of appreciation? I donā€™t need thank yous I more or less need her to jump in when Iā€™m too tired.

I understand I need to get the baby gate adjusted but she could have done one of the other chores so I could have worked on it tooā€¦ donā€™t mean to rant just feeling frustrated today
Depends on what it is. If I can do it myself in an efficient manner, I'd just do it myself. If it's something someone else can do much better or I have no idea or whatever, I would point it out, especially if I've reminded him multiple times.

In your example, is there a reason she can't do it? It's been a while since I've had a baby gate, but I don't recall it being that difficult to adjust them. How long as she been reminding you to do it?
Is there a specific reason you did all the chores yesterday? Did you do them before she would even have a chance to do them? Was she doing other things that would prevent her from doing chores?
So many things go into what happens in a home on a day to day basis, so I would need more info to determine if she was over the top or not. It's not fair to the other person to draw a determination based on the little bit of information here. Sorry, I'm a "look at it from both sides before offering an opinion" kind of person. lol

Latest posts

Back